Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 29, 2014 @ 08:44 AM
totalespionage

Hi's look like boxer's shoes. Nice C/ways though
Kobe said the inspiration for the silhouette came from him watching Manny Pacquiao train in the Philippines and the shoes he wore while training.  
January 29, 2014 @ 08:52 AM
totalespionage

Nike Kobe IX "Maestro"/"All-Star"
Glow in the dark sole.
I like how the Flyknit is used on this Model. Definitely scooping a pair.
January 29, 2014 @ 09:00 AM
totalespionage

ehhh not worth the price point for me to use casually. if i played ball then i would cop. i heard theres a lowtop version also coming out. 
Yes there is a low version but they use EM (engineered mesh) instead of flyknit

January 29, 2014 @ 04:25 PM
fernyysanchez

what exactly is the point of having the high top portion of the shoe? it looks too tall and clunky. 
its to protect the ankle and achilles while playing basketball. also for support during fast movements while playing
i've heard that the high top height of the shoe doesn't actually add ankle support, but rather the lockdown of the heel. like when i see these i just think back to the kobe 7 system with the inner sock thing. how much does it really protect?  
not sure but it looks comfy as fuck lol
January 29, 2014 @ 04:29 PM
fernyysanchez

heard this the what the high tops look like when the top part is folded inside the shoe coolcool
January 29, 2014 @ 05:20 PM
totalespionage

what exactly is the point of having the high top portion of the shoe? it looks too tall and clunky. 
its to protect the ankle and achilles while playing basketball. also for support during fast movements while playing
i've heard that the high top height of the shoe doesn't actually add ankle support, but rather the lockdown of the heel. like when i see these i just think back to the kobe 7 system with the inner sock thing. how much does it really protect?  
This is true. One of the reasons why the KD VI is the top bball shoe for players this season. The shoe is lower than the Kobe 8, but because of it's near perfect lockdown you don't notice how low it is.
January 29, 2014 @ 05:21 PM
totalespionage

heard this the what the high tops look like when the top part is folded inside the shoe 
Dope. I just heard today that Nike might be working on a flyknit low model but nothing has been confirmed yet. Either way it's this c/w or the "all-stars" for me.
January 29, 2014 @ 07:29 PM
fernyysanchez

heard this the what the high tops look like when the top part is folded inside the shoe 
Dope. I just heard today that Nike might be working on a flyknit low model but nothing has been confirmed yet. Either way it's this c/w or the "all-stars" for me.
all stars for me. would've been tooo dope if they used some sort of glow in the dark flyknit 
January 30, 2014 @ 06:00 AM
Based Boy

navy flyknit chukkas i was talking about earlier are dropping on 02/01/14 i think

-Caterpillar
January 30, 2014 @ 07:20 AM
totalespionage

all stars for me. would've been tooo dope if they used some sort of glow in the dark flyknit 
Glow in the dark flyknit would be out of this world dope. Shiiiidddddd, Nike needs to get to work on making some 3M flyknit and flyknit apparel cool
February 1, 2014 @ 12:59 AM
fernyysanchez

navy flyknit chukkas i was talking about earlier are dropping on 02/01/14 i think

-Caterpillar
yup along with this colorway too 
February 6, 2014 @ 10:46 PM
NikeAir93

Anybody got the Flyknit Lunar 2?
February 7, 2014 @ 03:15 AM
totalespionage

Don't have a pair yet but it's definitely my next pickup after the Kobe 9. I tried them on a few days ago and they felt like sex on my feet. lol imo way more comfortable than the F1's. cool

Getting this c/w for spring.
February 7, 2014 @ 05:10 AM
fernyysanchez

Don't have a pair yet but it's definitely my next pickup after the Kobe 9. I tried them on a few days ago and they felt like sex on my feet. lol imo way more comfortable than the F1's. 

how do the lunar 1 and 2s compare to trainers and racers? personally havent had one on foot or chukkas either for that lol 
February 7, 2014 @ 06:34 AM
NikeAir93

Don't have a pair yet but it's definitely my next pickup after the Kobe 9. I tried them on a few days ago and they felt like sex on my feet. lol imo way more comfortable than the F1's. 

lol they must be great then! yeah, I'm really liking the Wolf Grey cw.
February 7, 2014 @ 06:36 AM
NikeAir93

how do the lunar 1 and 2s compare to trainers and racers? personally havent had one on foot or chukkas either for that lol 
Don't know about the 2's but the 1's, racers, trainers, and chukkas feel awesome. I feel like I can use them for any kind of training. I've never used them for running even though I know they're running shoes. I'm scared to ruin the knitting lol
February 8, 2014 @ 09:54 AM
reversal

^ the knitting won't tear or show signs of tearing if thats what you're wondering. My buddies are runners and they even run trails in them. If you just can't justify running in $150 shoes then that's understandable, because I feel the same way.
February 8, 2014 @ 02:48 PM
GoRubio

Don't know about the 2's but the 1's, racers, trainers, and chukkas feel awesome. I feel like I can use them for any kind of training. I've never used them for running even though I know they're running shoes. I'm scared to ruin the knitting lol
^ LOL WHAT?! I bought Flyknit Trainers last year (my version didn't have the heel padding), and they're probably the best running shoe I've ever had. I think I've clocked in more than 600+ miles of just running and working out in the gym with them alone over the year. I would also use them to walk trails, travel, and just hang out. I've never had a problem with the material tearing at all.
The difference between all of them comes down to the fit and the sole. I have 2 different trainers (one with heel padding, and the original version without), racers, chukkas, and 1s. I'm going to wait on the 2's till I wear through my 1's and the price drops also.
Trainers: The GOAT out of all of them. If you can, find a pair without the heel padding. The new versions with the padding suck. It just feels unnatural. Trainers have this big heel to toe sole difference, but you get used to it quickly. No need to break them in at all, and they just fit and feel the best out of all of them.
Racers: Great for short summer runs. Suck on long distances and in the cold. Anything longer than 5 miles, my feet and knees start to hurt. The sole is thinner and more low to the ground. The upper is a lot thinner than the trainers also. They start to feel flimsy after a while, but it takes some getting used to. These are the ones I feel like would rip all the time, but they stand strong surprisingly.
1s: Takes some time breaking in the sole. Suits better to people with a little bit wider feet. You also feel more lifted and farther from the ground due to the sole. I'm still running in them right now, so I don't know how they hold up in durability.
Chukkas: they have the softest feel to them, but the upper is soft and thin, no padding at all. But I kind of like this, because it conforms to your foot more when you actually tie them up. They don't make for a running shoe, but it's great to wear them around when I'm hanging out or running errands around the city.
I'll try to post some pictures up some time.
February 9, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
fernyysanchez

^ LOL WHAT?! I bought Flyknit Trainers last year (my version didn't have the heel padding), and they're probably the best running shoe I've ever had. I think I've clocked in more than 600+ miles of just running and working out in the gym with them alone over the year. I would also use them to walk trails, travel, and just hang out. I've never had a problem with the material tearing at all.
The difference between all of them comes down to the fit and the sole. I have 2 different trainers (one with heel padding, and the original version without), racers, chukkas, and 1s. I'm going to wait on the 2's till I wear through my 1's and the price drops also.
Trainers: The GOAT out of all of them. If you can, find a pair without the heel padding. The new versions with the padding suck. It just feels unnatural. Trainers have this big heel to toe sole difference, but you get used to it quickly. No need to break them in at all, and they just fit and feel the best out of all of them.
Racers: Great for short summer runs. Suck on long distances and in the cold. Anything longer than 5 miles, my feet and knees start to hurt. The sole is thinner and more low to the ground. The upper is a lot thinner than the trainers also. They start to feel flimsy after a while, but it takes some getting used to. These are the ones I feel like would rip all the time, but they stand strong surprisingly.
1s: Takes some time breaking in the sole. Suits better to people with a little bit wider feet. You also feel more lifted and farther from the ground due to the sole. I'm still running in them right now, so I don't know how they hold up in durability.
Chukkas: they have the softest feel to them, but the upper is soft and thin, no padding at all. But I kind of like this, because it conforms to your foot more when you actually tie them up. They don't make for a running shoe, but it's great to wear them around when I'm hanging out or running errands around the city.
great summary of the shoes! i noticed i got tired in my racers rather than my trainers over long periods of time. thought it was just me though lol 
February 9, 2014 @ 03:51 AM
DunkPunk

copped some freeflys for the gym. Best 70$ i've spent. Feels like socks

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

February 9, 2014 @ 07:58 AM
NikeAir93

^ the knitting won't tear or show signs of tearing if thats what you're wondering. My buddies are runners and they even run trails in them. If you just can't justify running in $150 shoes then that's understandable, because I feel the same way.
That's probably it! lol. I run in my free runs.
February 9, 2014 @ 08:09 AM
NikeAir93

Great summary. Yeah the version on the trainers I bought had the heel padding. I had to go up .5 because of it. I like how the Chukka's feel because they reach to my ankle and are snug.

Overall, Flyknits are great!
February 9, 2014 @ 10:47 PM
totalespionage

Cant fucking wait. 
February 10, 2014 @ 02:24 AM
fernyysanchez

heard the AS 9 is not flyknit that it was that engineered mesh
February 10, 2014 @ 02:30 AM
amansupp

looking for a size 11
February 10, 2014 @ 03:00 AM
totalespionage

heard the AS 9 is not flyknit that it was that engineered mesh
Nah it's flyknit. The only models that don't use flyknit are the EM lows. You can see the knitting is in the same pattern as the MP's just a different color.
February 20, 2014 @ 12:05 AM
versacefriedchicken

Great summary. Yeah the version on the trainers I bought had the heel padding. I had to go up .5 because of it. I like how the Chukka's feel because they reach to my ankle and are snug.

Overall, Flyknits are great!
I would have to agree about the heel padding, the original version without it is a must if you are going to run a lot. However if you want a casual flyknits id get a pair of trainers with the padding or some chukkas
February 21, 2014 @ 06:29 AM
WasianGuy

Thoughts on the new Chukka CW?
who can help me i need this fire

BiG BALLiN iN CHiCAG0

February 23, 2014 @ 10:00 AM
Luchini

Damn been looking for the racers in white for ages. Anybody know where I can get em without paying rape
February 24, 2014 @ 01:17 AM
reversal

Damn been looking for the racers in white for ages. Anybody know where I can get em without paying rape
Impossible as far as i know. Most popular flyknits ever. 

Please login first to reply.