Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 9, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
Vader&Prowler

Is anyone not feeling how companies are coming out with new colourways monthly or weekly even?
Its unbecoming how companies dish them out. Personally would prefer at the most only two colourways of each model being released each year or four at the most.

At the forefront of my feelings are Vans. If they keep going at this rate of releasing new colours on the same models, they might exhaust themselves. Which would be a waste. I know they're cashing in on everyone's thirst for 'those days' but wouldn't you agree that its gets stale?

What are your thoughts?
December 9, 2010 @ 09:30 AM
Vader&Prowler

four colourways A model*
December 9, 2010 @ 10:56 AM
k0p0n0

it's the natural progression of the market... 'heads' or kids into 'the scene' want to differentiate themselves more and more from their own kind, and the sneaker companies would not be following a sound business model were they not to cater to the demand.

Two colorways a model each year these days, you'll get lost in the shuffle. Buried. Forgotten. Roo'd. Troop'd. Pro-Kedded. What with like 5 colorways each month or so.

Personally, I'm fine with it. I don't focus my attention as much on what I don't like, especially if it can't harm me. More of what they like for them, less of what I don't for me.
December 9, 2010 @ 07:24 PM
Vader&Prowler

I get that these are businesses and its only purpose is the bottom line. but i did wish they gave more breathing space between each release. the feeling of having to wait that bit longer for a truly dope colour they've taken great time in is unrivalled.
December 9, 2010 @ 08:19 PM
k0p0n0

Well, that's something that will never happen in the foreseeable future. Design and development has got so much faster you can have a sample Z-corp art or mock-up in a week, then get it produced in 2 weeks, and that's for a new shoe. It's entirely easier to visit the factory and apply new colors/materials to an already-existing shoe, which only means that you have to be a fool to give your target consumer 'breathing space', since they are raised to have short attention spans, chasing one colorway after another. Thank the internet, of course.
December 9, 2010 @ 08:52 PM
Vader&Prowler

yeah it would be foolish to do so. but in an ideal world, i'd want it to be so. i'm not saying this mass releases is nescessarily a bad thing. its positive in certain ways but at times i do hope that companies could slow it down a tad
December 13, 2010 @ 01:04 AM
BillionaireJ

i mean, its just common sense. If you owned a hotdog/pizza business, and pizza was all you sold for 2 weeks straight, you gone keep making hotdogs? hell no. you gone take away from ya hotdog money and pay for more pizzas! lol. its common sense.
December 13, 2010 @ 02:44 AM
Vader&Prowler

it aint all about common sense and it shouldnt be all about money.
i know it is, but it shouldnt(money).

as a kid while back: maybe three months wtill a new colourway came up. you best believe that you were spazzing round as you saw this dope new release in the flesh.

now: hypebeast got something new up, vans. oh yeah thats dece. week later, vans comes out with another colour/pack. seen that....

Please login first to reply.