Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 4, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
ben1321

Kanye and Jay Z wearing them all time (6″ Work boots), they back or still whack?
November 5, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
dziner82

Kanye and Jay Z wearing them all time (6″ Work boots), they back or still whack?

IMO timberland is a legit brand and always will be. they have been making their boots for a long ass time, alot longer than all these new timberland wannabe companies making boots now. Not to say that (insert new popular brand here) isnt more popular than timberland at the moment, but thats just a fashion trend. Timberland sells so many damn boots to people that just want good boots and dont care about being on whatever new trend is out there.

Their earthkeepers boots are sick btw.

It just bugs me when people talk about legit brands like they cant mess with them anymore. Save that for brands like fubu or creative rec or Bape. If the hypebeast crowd stops buying thier stuff then those brands die, brands like timberland nike, clarks, etc dont worry about one little segment like that as much (although the drop in the urban market has really hurt TBL in the past couple years).

Timberland work boots, sperry boat shoes, converse all stars, etc... those shoes never go away, they just lose popularity with the 16-26 year old crowd, but everyone else has been buying them still all along, so to answer the question... the never really left.

I dont think a legit brand like that can ever be all that wack, especially if they aren't just knocking off AF1's and dunks like the other supposedly hot brands.
November 5, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
linds_15

timberland boots cant die, they shouldnt die, there comfy, warm, and no water or snow gets through those suckers in the winter, i love all my sneakers but you gotta swith over in the wintertime
November 5, 2009 @ 02:58 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

My uncle works for Timberland so I usually get some swag for Christmas from boots to tees to beanies. Got a Timberland x Alife pair a few years ago. Got a black pair of Tims as well. One year he gave my brother a pair of Tims and told us only two pairs were ever made, the other being for Run from Run DMC, but I can't attest to the truthfulness of that statement or not.
November 5, 2009 @ 03:15 PM
funaki619

definitely wack on me. game over
November 5, 2009 @ 03:15 PM
alex.

i love how kanye wears them cool

razz
November 10, 2009 @ 01:06 AM
true blue

i think there dope but i think only some people can pull em off.
November 10, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

never went anywhere they are timeless, by that i mean when you stop wearing them someone else will just start. this thread is silly if not for discussion purposes, because i think 40-50yrs.old wearing converses is wack but then again alot of people will do this when they get old and see nothing wrong with it but will act like timbs are wack. that just proves your life sucks go hiking or climb rocks with yourself boots aren't just for fashion end rant/.
November 10, 2009 @ 04:02 AM
tony_stark

Timberlands are essential for the winter. 6" Classic timbs are a part of my wardrobe and I don't think timbs are going anywhere. Not a fan of some of the new designs though.
November 10, 2009 @ 04:29 AM
Ferris.Bueller

never went anywhere they are timeless, by that i mean when you stop wearing them someone else will just start. this thread is silly if not for discussion purposes, because i think 40-50yrs.old wearing converses is wack but then again alot of people will do this when they get old and see nothing wrong with it but will act like timbs are wack. that just proves your life sucks go hiking or climb rocks with yourself boots aren't just for fashion end rant/.

This man speaks TRUTH. Boots like these are and will always be timeless.
My dad was wearin 6" Red Wings, Wolverines, Dr. Martins, (insert whatever other construction work boot here) before some of you lil shits were shittin mustard....before some of you were even a thought in your parents heads.
November 10, 2009 @ 04:31 AM
Denny Crane

Why do you give a shit what Kanye and Jay Z are wearing? They're both wack. Why do you care what anyone is wearing, at that? Don't be a clone - make up your own fuckin mind!
November 10, 2009 @ 04:45 AM
ClydeFrazier

i'd love a pair of black timbs but i'd prolly look whack

Melo Gang All Day

November 10, 2009 @ 05:21 AM
DUNCAN99

timberlands were never gone. hypebeast isnt everything
November 10, 2009 @ 03:31 PM
Ihome

they look pretty wack imo
November 10, 2009 @ 05:28 PM
ekREV

been wearing timbs since 96. they are timeless classics
November 14, 2009 @ 08:13 AM
Autywon

Why do you give a shit what Kanye and Jay Z are wearing? They're both wack. Why do you care what anyone is wearing, at that? Don't be a clone - make up your own fuckin mind!

Please login first to reply.