Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 31, 2011 @ 12:56 AM
K [X] Z I

between $300 to $600, i would get a seiko, the nicer seikos are usually the japanese domestic market ones..
i own a seiko sumo myself and it's probably the better watches in that range.

Seikos are pretty nice, but I think my Steinhart Ocean-1 GMT kills other watches in the $500-$600 price range. This could've sold in the $1,000+ range for watches, but they made it so affordable.
December 31, 2011 @ 07:48 AM
kawasakiee

Skeleton watches anyone?

December 31, 2011 @ 08:27 AM
noop.

bought this on boxing day for 80 bucks
January 2, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
PandoCalrissian

eh i see, might end up with with a G-Shock if I don't find anything else. thanks for the feedback

tbh i love my 2 gshocks they are comfy.. fell asleep wile wearing them many times and they are durable

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

January 2, 2012 @ 11:57 AM
buddyrock

i want this

January 2, 2012 @ 11:37 PM
BRE

New ones are the orange/black and black/gold

my xmas cops.

Lol, Gshocks in a case?
January 3, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
ristb

The start of my collection

how much did you pay for the tag?

Around 4k

http://auto-bite.com/

January 3, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
kawasakiee

New ones are the orange/black and black/gold

my xmas cops.

Lol, Gshocks in a case?

Trying to stunt in g-shocks period haha
January 4, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

someone find me a good pocket watch

Sers doe

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

January 7, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
late for dinner

i want this

info?
January 7, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
chadd

i want this

info?

Its Issey Miyake

http://www.amazon.com/Issey-Miyake-SILAS001-Collection-Automatic/dp/B0019DCVRC
January 7, 2012 @ 09:55 AM
K [X] Z I

Anyone got any alternatives to a Rolex? Just looking for an every day gold watch to earn up for.

Anyone got any alternatives to a Rolex (Fill in the blank)? Just looking for an everyday gold watch to earn up for? (Did you mean "You're saving up for an everyday gold watch"confused
January 7, 2012 @ 02:23 PM
deadpooL

smh...what happened to this thread? so much garbage.
January 8, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
YoungSquire

wewood watches are clean. light weight and simple.
January 10, 2012 @ 09:59 AM
K [X] Z I

There are many different watches that look like the first one, so there isn't much information to distinguish the make and model. If you want something similar, look for a watch with the key words "diver and chronograph". The second watch is hard to tell as well. You have a tiny, angled, cut-off pic... a pic of just the metal bracelet.... and an angled pic again. I can't really recommend a watch from those pics.
January 12, 2012 @ 06:19 AM
kmas

Just got a Seiko Skx007 with an Oyster band. nice so far
January 14, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
booking

can anyone tell me what watch this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLEDDD591E66C27BBF&v=-qPvdLvHGYA
January 16, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
bape

okay one question, getting a watch for my 30th this year.

narrowed it down to 2 a the moment, which and why?

Rolex Submariner non date OR Panerai luminor marina

WHAT....SAY SOMETHING!

January 16, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
bape

just purchased a cheap beater for everyday wear at target haha. got this nice simple clean timex:

But i bought a different strap thats black with white line down the middle.

where to get other straps for weekender?

WHAT....SAY SOMETHING!

January 17, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
matsu714

just purchased a cheap beater for everyday wear at target haha. got this nice simple clean timex:

But i bought a different strap thats black with white line down the middle.

where to get other straps for weekender?

They sold different design straps next to the timex weekender at the target I went to.
January 17, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
K [X] Z I

I'd get the Submariner. If my son was getting married, I'd get him a Rolex. If my dad was turning 65 or something, I'd get him a Rolex. It just seems like a watch you'd want to get for special occasions and then pass it down your bloodline from generation to generation. Pam's are great watches too, but they don't really come to mind when considering a gift or landmark celebration. Both are actually in my top 5 watch makers list, so you really can't go wrong with either. Let us know what you decide and post pics. Congrats on the 3-0. You should also buy a magnum bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow label and celebrate with friends.
January 19, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
kpma

my seiko sumo with rubber watch strap.

January 19, 2012 @ 08:19 AM
JBT

Nice Sumo. Definitely better than a lot of the fashion junk being posted on here.

my seiko sumo with rubber watch strap.

January 20, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
claradead

current rotation.

all-times.
January 20, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
Kulig00

ended up getting this watch for $80 on overstock. japanese quartz movement, not bad for the price.

January 20, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
Don Quixote

well since youre asking our opinion i guess you care about what people think about your watch to a degree right? not saying that is a bad thing.

basically the common dude wont know what a panerai is, and i dont think their watches are all that aesthetically appealing, whereas rolex is easily recognizable and very respected in terms of their attention to detail. if i had the choice i would go with the submariner. panerai seems more like a fashion brand, and to me, investing in something "fashionable" is really stupid, especially for a watch because fashion is constantly changing. i prefer timeless timepieces

In the sacred name of Dulcinea

January 21, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
K [X] Z I

Wow someone knows their watches. A "fashion brand"? Do you even know what that means? From my experience in watches, most watch enthusiasts refer to watches made by fashion houses such as Armani Exchange, Michael Kors, Burberry, Gucci,etc. to be called "fashion watches". Panerai uses swiss eta and in-house movements including some tourbillon complications. And some of their vintage models have Rolex movements in them. I find it very insulting for you to be comparing them to "fashion brands", because they are far from being considered a "fashion brand". Their heritage dates back decades before Rolex and they supplied watches to the Italian Marina Militare (who want to look fashionable lol!). As you said "the common dude wont know what a panerai is", but everyone recognizes Rollies... so doesn't that make Rollies more fashionable than Pams?
January 21, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
Don Quixote

didnt mean to offend you and the itals but by fashion brand i mean their approach to the watch design beyond the movement, so basically the aesthetics. im sure their movements are of equal caliber but when i think of italian brands i always associate them with the more contemporary, whereas swiss with the traditional. im sorry if i made the brand sound worse than it was. he asked for my opinion and i gave it. i hope you get where im comin from with this

January 21, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
K [X] Z I

Well, if you've seen a vintage Panerai, it doesn't look much different from a modern Pam, so... they are pretty traditional in design... When you say "whereas swiss with the traditional" I'm assuming that you're referring to Rolex. Rolex is not a Swiss company. It was founded in England in 1905. Many watch houses are not swiss, they are just made in Switzerland. I believe the law is, it must have a movement and casing made in Switzerland to be labeled Swiss Made.
January 21, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
Don Quixote

im sure it is a swiss company, and the movements are swiss aswell. the fact that it was founded in london was based off of the idea that they would import swiss movements into england for assembly, then later on they moved to switzerland. all or at least the majority of their parts used in their watches are made in switzerland too if im wrong please show me.. and about the pams.. i guess you are right on that point but i do argue that tradition is different from perspective.. depending where you come from. for example someone's tradition may be native to me.

Please login first to reply.