February 19, 2009 @ 01:15 AM
DaveGold

Lately, i've been wanting to get my 'grown man' on (even though i'm 15). How would i go about doing this? Like what would i have to wear?

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

February 19, 2009 @ 04:00 AM
riceguyx

lol....

make sure yur clothes fit for one thing.... none of that baggy shit...
February 19, 2009 @ 10:14 AM
easy-e

Funny how a thread about wanting to dress "grown up" has the word 'grown' horribly misspelled on the title...

To start, you can stop wearing your graphic tees and SBs so much. Get some fitting clothes. H&M and Uniqlo are good places to start with a 15 year old budget...
February 19, 2009 @ 12:10 PM
urbanleg3nd

lol fuck that. in order for you to have a "gwon man steez", you gonna have to start acting grown. Clothes don't make you, your personality and characteristics do. After you've done that you can start looking through J.Krew, H&M, Banana, and other shit. I go for my CDG, Oscar, J.Krew, and Bannana
February 19, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
C.Dante

i dont understand why people feel they have to dress "grown up" b4 they even hit 18.....
February 19, 2009 @ 12:40 PM
doug.

don't bother trying to do so.
the fact that you need to ask people how to do this shows how much of a fail it would be if you tried gettin some "Gwon Man steez"
February 19, 2009 @ 12:42 PM
Scotty

Just be 15!
February 19, 2009 @ 06:28 PM
oliverg_ucla

first of all, stop going on this site. its not for grown men in the first place. plus, try staying your age. growing up is overrated
February 20, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
DaveGold

Although i do agree with me staying my age and the post above me, at times i just want to get my grown man on. I know i won't transform to an adult if i wear gear that makes me look like one, but i wanted a fit that has me on that level. I wear tee's, jeans, and sneakers 99% of the time but i kinda wanted to change it up a bit. Not that anytihng is wrong with wearing tee's, jeans, and sneakers.

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

February 20, 2009 @ 12:09 AM
AfrocentricPatrick

if you try to look "grown man" when you are obviously a little skeet then you will end up looking forced and stupid.

enjoy your fucking childhood dude. getting your "grown man" on is for when you actually do grow up and can't get away with sneakers and graphic tees anymore.
February 20, 2009 @ 12:24 AM
Sonic

People are coming down pretty hard, because that's the nature of the forum/entire internet, but they do have a point. It's admirable that you're interested in adopting a more mature or professional or whatever wardrobe, but it'll ring hollow if you're only fifteen. There's nothing wrong with having some more adult pieces in your wardrobe- in fact I'd reccomend having a few nice shirts and a nice pair of shoes to show up everyone who insists on wearing sneakers and a white tux when "formal" days roll around- but for everyday goings-on you can get away with tees and sneakers for a few more years.

If you want to come off more grown up the easiest way is to start regulating the fit of your clothes. Wear things that actually fit, sleeves not too long, pants not billowing about your legs like a parachute, &c. Another quick fix is to graduate from fitteds. Maybe this is just me, but I see a fitted on a dood and I think of a child.

Anyway, good luck with the growing up process and all that. And sorry everyone here is such a dickhole.
February 20, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
GOLDENi

Weird.. Honestly, I didn't know there was such a thing as dressing like a "grown man".
Grown men are responsible enough to make their own decisions and where what they like, grown men wear what they feel comfortable with. There really isn't a preset way to dress like a grown man per se. People dress in what clothes they feel like they look good in and what is comfortable. Grown men can dress crazy, like a child, or like a business man. But in the end of the day their still grown men.

GROWN MEN STAY TRUE TO THEMSELVES.
February 20, 2009 @ 02:37 AM
dinoXSKETCHPAD

grow some hair on your balls and pay bills.
February 20, 2009 @ 08:39 PM
snuff_daddy

this is the wrong forum to get "grown man" style advice from

- no hate
February 20, 2009 @ 09:02 PM
Awesom3

Go with simpler looking jeans and wear things with minimal designs like sweaters and stuff.
February 20, 2009 @ 09:17 PM
10PIECE

If you want that grown man look I thinks sites like askmen and GQ can help you in getting look as oppose to Hypebeast which is more dedicated towards streetwear and streetculture.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/

http://men.style.com/gq

Please login first to reply.