FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
February 16, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
odb.

Yeah so semi-formal at school is coming up and I plan on going.

Planned on wearing:

-black dress pants
-grey vest
-white dress shirt underneath the vest
-and nike sb made in 81 blazers (yeah yeah I know, but they seem classy enough for a semi-formal...with white laces)

the question is, would it look fine to wear the blue dress shirt underneath a black vest? and would it be whack to wear the blazers?

oh yeah, grey vest or suspenders?

Yes I can dress myself, but just need some opinions for semi
February 16, 2009 @ 01:00 PM
deadgirlfriend

wear the suspenders, they will look more original and they would be sweet. Don't wear a blue shirt, wear white.
February 16, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
odb.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but girls were telling me vest.
But then again hypebeast would know more.razz

Grey or black suspenders?
February 16, 2009 @ 01:22 PM
deadgirlfriend

haha unless they are girls you like i might trust them. and black suspenders
February 16, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
easy-e

...don't wear the SB's. Especially since the blazers have such a huge swoosh. Just go with a pair of dress shoes or desert boots if you got a pair. The fact that you thought about the blazers are really showing your age, and not in a good way. No hate, but that's just my two cents.

When I picture a grey vest with a white dress shift underneath, I'm thinking of a waiter. Unless you're talking about a grey sleeveless sweater, then that's a little more acceptable.

I feel that you could use some patterns too. Maybe experiment with a striped shirt? patterned tie? Argyle vest?
February 16, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
odb.

Easy, well I'll wear suspenders actually, I'll ditch the vest

Could you send me some examples of good dress shirts that would be good with black suspenders?
February 16, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
odb.

haha unless they are girls you like i might trust them. and black suspenders

Fuck, the girl I want to go with, she said a vest over suspenders.
But suspenders would be oh so sweeeeeeeeet.
February 16, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
deadgirlfriend

Fuck, the girl I want to go with, she said a vest over suspenders.
But suspenders would be oh so sweeeeeeeeet.

ya get a white shirt, black suspenders, black pants, and possibly black boots/dress shoes. that look reminds me of kind of classic bad ass
February 16, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
odb.

ya get a white shirt, black suspenders, black pants, and possibly black boots/dress shoes. that look reminds me of kind of classic bad ass

Alright I'll go with white dress shirt, black dress pants, black suspenders and dress shoes...still thinking of the blazers though, cousin's bf pulls it off well so I'll see what he says too.

Doesn't seem too plain though?
February 16, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
deadgirlfriend

Alright I'll go with white dress shirt, black dress pants, black suspenders and dress shoes...still thinking of the blazers though, cousin's bf pulls it off well so I'll see what he says too.

Doesn't seem too plain though?

although it may seem plain. simplicity is sometimes a good option. unless everyone decides to wear exactly what you do. ask your cousin about the blazers, i like blazers and i guess they can go with suspenders? test it out before you go too.
February 16, 2009 @ 02:12 PM
odb.

although it may seem plain. simplicity is sometimes a good option. unless everyone decides to wear exactly what you do. ask your cousin about the blazers, i like blazers and i guess they can go with suspenders? test it out before you go too.

Yeah last year everyone wore vests, so forget that. Got to stand out.
Yeah I'll ask my cousin's bf about it and to see how I can pull it off.
If not, dress shoes it is.
February 16, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
BustinRaps

tie?
February 16, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
odb.

tie?

Possibly.
February 17, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
dex653

oh to be a kid again.

blazers aren't bad; it keeps the grown look relevant to your age. but, if you have any black patent leather kix it'd be nice. also, if your pants are slimmer cut, roll them up to show off the kix...make it obvious. look at thom browne for inspiration on length. ditch both suspenders and vest. go with a jacket and a bowtie.

another option: white jeans, white shirt, black sweater, black bowtie, black blazers. and reference the length of the jeans from above.

peace

Please login first to reply.