FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
February 1, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
pushECX

This might be elsewhere, but I couldn't find it with a couple of searches.

What do you think about mixing brands? My friend and I were having a discussion about whether or not you have to wear shoes, and pants, and shirts from the same brand. Personally, I think that it depends on how it all looks together. I think that you can mix brands if it looks good. He doesn't. He believes that you have to match brands (if you wear a rockawear shirt, you have to wear rockawear jeans, etc.), otherwise you'll just get made fun of if you mix them. Opinions?

Edit: Does it matter what style (like street clothing)? He is saying that it definitely matters for street wear (Rocawear, Ed Hardy, Ecko, as well as Gucci, and Louis Vuitton)
February 1, 2009 @ 09:32 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

While there is some stuff you DO NOT MIX WHATSOEVER, like a pair of nike's with like an adidas track jacket or 2 different logos from the same company(sometimes), it can be pulled off. I've worn supreme tees with my hundreds snapback before and it looks fine.

By the way, your friend's a fucking idiot. If I'm wearing some Jordans, I'm not gonna go search for Jordan jeans and a jersey/jacket from Jordan brand.

www.NickyDsss.com

February 1, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
dots...

the only prob i got with mixin is when there are 2 monograms,like gucci,and louis vuitton,then it's like wtf.
February 1, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
Persona

word brand synergy is overrated...

just as long as its not some extreme shit like hilfiger/ralph lauren
February 1, 2009 @ 09:47 PM
zyezye

its called brand synergy btw.

examples
good synergy: levis, nike, supreme. etc.
bad: lrg, hollister, puma.

but brand synergy doesnt matter now as much as it used to but there are some things that are a complete no-no

basics:
denim on denim
rival brands :nike kicks, adidas track (or something similar)
prestiege brands with certain brands that dont mix: diors+hundreds or something like that.
like the person above me said monogram on monogram is a a complete no no.
in fact two prestige brands or more on a person is a no-no. dior jeans, gucci belt with lv glasses? you'd look like a douche unless you can pull it off.
Over branding: just complete faggotry.
over patterning: having burburry plaid everywhere on your ass. or every strap one your body is a gucci strap.

theres more but i dont feel like posting. you gotta learn this ish on your own
February 1, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
snuff_daddy

theres no rules....

u either look like shit or u dont
February 1, 2009 @ 11:37 PM
Awesom3

Just don't mix brands that are on the same department. I usually try not to match brands and not to mix badly. You shouldn't mix brands that are in the same department so you shouldn't go nike/adidas/puma/reebok or quiksilver/billabong/o'neil/some other surf brand. Nike shirt with vans is kinda neutral but a Nike shirt with adidas kicks isn't. Chucks are a kind of neutral brand.
February 1, 2009 @ 11:44 PM
Backspace2.0

its quite simple really,

-wear what you want
-recieve negative feedback
-adjust accordingly

duh
February 2, 2009 @ 12:16 AM
xkhol

word brand synergy is overrated...

just as long as its not some extreme shit like hilfiger/ralph lauren

How do Hilfiger and RL conflict? I've always considered them to fall in the same category...

I don't think brands synergy matters that much. The reason I wouldn't wear RW and Supreme together is because they're conflicting styles, not brands... Wearing multiple logos looks weird, and having more than one of the same logo in one outfit can look douchey...

What do you guys think of outfits that are mostly just one brand, but have no (obvious) logos showing?
February 2, 2009 @ 12:35 AM
Failure Pt.3

yeah, there arent specific rules to brand synergy, you just have to know.

Like back when Rocawear,Sean John, ecko was hot and shit....u couldnt mix those brands, just couldnt. You cant mix Nike/Adidas/Reebok etc....can't mix Gucci/LV, etc. With streetwear i think its more acceptable to mix....like a Huf shirt with a Supreme fitted or something.
February 2, 2009 @ 03:40 AM
BustinRaps

I just buy supreme. Only stuff with the logos. Makes it easier.
February 2, 2009 @ 04:23 AM
DUNCAN99

opinion on bape + nike supreme jacket? lol
February 2, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
oozedrip

i mix shit all the time. it doesn't really matter really.
February 2, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
Eugene K.

If nobody can distinguish each pieces' brand, then it's fine.

Some mentioned high fashion meets street may not look right, however nobody will really say much unless you flat-out state the brand's you're wearing... but this is just part of the elitist aspect of fashion speaking rather than it actually being a bad look.
February 3, 2009 @ 06:40 PM
C.Dante

dont mi brands of either the same style (already mentioned...adidas, nike) or 2 with a complete different style (DC, ralph lauen)
February 3, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
Evolve

XD denim on denim... so if I bought one of those beautiful, super expensive, selfedge denim shits, should i rock with khakis?

just messin' with you.
February 3, 2009 @ 10:52 PM
Enray

At the point where you and your friend think that Ed Hardy is cool, you should know something is wrong.
February 3, 2009 @ 11:58 PM
TL

At the point where you and your friend think that Ed Hardy is cool, you should know something is wrong.

yeaaaa
February 4, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
Food

yeaaaa

^cosign
February 4, 2009 @ 12:14 AM
Jim Jardashian

I agree with Eugene K., don't tell.
February 4, 2009 @ 11:25 AM
MrSickVisionz

Ehh, I don't think it matters unless your clothes are plastered with huge logos. Then it looks Nascar.
February 4, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
thelurkers

I think you end up looking like a douche bag that tries too hard if you wear all the same brand. If I'm wearing a jacket/sweatshirt/button up by one brand, I'll generally shy away from wearing a tee or hat by the same label...eventhough I don't usually wear anything with big logos on it. It just makes me feel like I'm a store manequin or walking ad for the brand.
February 4, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
pushECX

LOL, he just wanted me to mention Ed Hardy. I didn't even know what it was until he mentioned it when I posted this question.
February 5, 2009 @ 08:05 AM
TheWho

theres no rules....

u either look like shit or u dont

qft
February 5, 2009 @ 10:16 AM
Jim Jardashian

Can I wear a Spongebob jacket with Skittles and Mickeymouse doing meth?
February 5, 2009 @ 10:31 AM
newerahats92

I try to match up my brands as much as possible, like shoes and shirts, but the main thing for me is color matching. The outfit colors have to flow, and always have a matching New Era fitted with whatever outfit it is! >sad
February 5, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
Awesom3

Does anyone buy shirts with shoes or like a very distinct shoe colorway (like some cement print shirt)? You can look very weird if you wear like a shirt with a pair of Jordan Vs on and you're wearing some Vans or Chucks but you look like a walking advertisement if you wear it with the same Vs in the picture.
February 6, 2009 @ 03:29 AM
filth

if you really want to look awesome.

Ed Hardy Hat
Supreme Tee
Adidas Track Pants
Boat Shoes

cool
February 6, 2009 @ 04:21 AM
shed

Whoever said adidas+nike is a no no is stupid.

This thread is a joke.
February 6, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
moosehair

wut should i wear with bape i have a bape head shirt and an allove print bape hoodie i would think it would look wack together what should i wear with my bape shirt?

Please login first to reply.