Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 21, 2009 @ 09:57 AM
Ether790

What does everyone think about Digital Gravel's new Black Card service? Anyone here join? I've thought about it but I've heard too many horror stories about DG (poor customer service, lousy shipping speed, Digger's Society mishaps, etc).
January 21, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
StiG

They just cut prices for today only. I would be willing to chip in $125 with someone and get a year....I've bought a bunch of stuff from DG and I think I only had a problem with an order one time they sent me the wrong item but replaced it no problem. Anyone else want to go half one a year black card? Def worth it because they always have something hot eventually....plus you could get some good resale value with 50% off + free ship and early updates...and exclusives?! PM me if anyone interested
January 21, 2009 @ 04:35 PM
krzyrice

from what i've seen a lot of their better items r out of stock most of the time but if you're a frequent shopper i think its a good deal. the only problems i have with them is that they are slow to ship it. but that can be easily fixed by givin them a call.
April 2, 2009 @ 05:54 PM
thisizwils

their new website kinda sucks the old one was much better and right after i purchased the black they came out some wild ones gear that i nedded so i thought to myself let me wait till they activate my card and launch their new website with the thought of they just gonna transfer everything from the old website to the new one well i was wrong they are slowly adding new stuff but cmon its almost half the year already and ive only used my black card like 2-3 times. so right now im kinda like iffy with getting the black card for a year its wasnt totally a mistake im just saying i thought it would be much better but i was kinda wrong.
April 2, 2009 @ 09:17 PM
sev24sev

You can get the Black Card for 50% off with two of their codes but everything is 50% off w/free shipping anyway.
April 3, 2009 @ 10:52 AM
EL LAY

Honestly whats the point of paying for a service, when it seems like every other week they're doing 50% OFF.

Check their current "stimulus" promotion.
LOL, everyone that purchased their black card just got punk'd for their dough ahah
April 3, 2009 @ 11:18 AM
alex.

yeah, they got, dg is in trouble or something..they aint even getting a new mishka cut n sew etc.
April 3, 2009 @ 03:50 PM
vampire xtc

hey just a heads up for people

anyone who shops at digitalgravel.com

dont sign up for any of those blackcard deals as ive been told they are going to go out of business from a inside source from digitalgravel

Karmaloop.com 20% off RepCode: BO10853 MLTD.COM 20% off RepCode: XTC

April 3, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ They're struggling hard.

They never used to have to put shit on sale, and they always jacked up prices. All the emails I've been getting have been crazy desperate. The streetwear movement they pioneered is dying pretty fast.
April 3, 2009 @ 04:17 PM
Nhung2609

Boycott DG!

WWW.TRUMPIA.COM All-In-One Marketing Service specializing in Mobile SMS, MMS, QR Code, Email, Voice, IM, Facebook and Twitter.

April 3, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
t_town

?
DG has always had sales....Maybe not 50% or this often but it's a recession everybody doing that ish...
April 4, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
Mindstate

Boycott DG!

Why?

I had one order with them and everything went just fine. I bought a Hundreds jacket with the 50% sale and even though I live in Europe, the shipping was free for me too. Everything went fine for me, not that slow either.
April 4, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
Frank_

Why?

I had one order with them and everything went just fine. I bought a Hundreds jacket with the 50% sale and even though I live in Europe, the shipping was free for me too. Everything went fine for me, not that slow either.

just a question when did u place the order
April 5, 2009 @ 04:11 AM
EL LAY

Why? Because thats hella shady business ethics.

If the rumors are true that they plan to close shop soon, and they had all those people buy black cards and whatnot, those card holders basically lose $100 - $200 or however much they paid.

Why support shady businesses? Hence I'm gonna stick to Kloop, Cmonwealth, and Attic.
April 5, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
FailBot

If anyone wants to split a years black card pm me.

let's work something out.
April 5, 2009 @ 07:47 PM
dyazide

Dg always has big sales and alot of web stores are having crazy sales at the moment. summer is right around the corner and brands will b dropping there summer lines in a month or 2, they r just dumpin all this older stock for 50% off. i dont see how they cud close down they are a big webstore like attic. to me it doesnt seem like thestreetwear industry is hurting at all from this recession but hey lets c wat happens.

Good point but i'm still not sure about them...we'll just see what happens.
April 5, 2009 @ 10:01 PM
velveteduardo

i dont see dg goin down either, i mean who hasnt bought from dg before?
April 6, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
thisizwils

dont sign up for any of those blackcard deals as ive been told they are going to go out of business from a inside source from digitalgravel

wow!!!!!!!!!!
April 6, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
Brain

source???
April 6, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
Dorfmeister

well, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to close down. It seems to me that they had a lot of old merchandise that they couldn't get rid of, hence, the $10 sales and stuff. Also, with the exception of the sales that they had (which was rare before the economy went bad) they kept items at full retail even though they were from one or two seasons ago.

the new site is terrible btw, i'm not able to see any of my past orders and stuff.
April 7, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
FlyInMy514s

Is DG bad News?
Awww fuck! i wish i wouldve done my research on DG before I ordered two hundreds snapbacks from them. Has anyone ever ordered and just completely never received items?
April 7, 2009 @ 10:45 PM
sfisz

Awww fuck! i wish i wouldve done my research on DG before I ordered two hundreds snapbacks from them. Has anyone ever ordered and just completely never received items?

Not cool, a lot of people in this thread are disrepecting one of the greatest streetwear providers in the world, they provide superb service and not only are they providing great deals but also provide free shipping. I live in Canada and these guys even help you out by marking it as a gift. It will be a real shame if they go out of business; if DG is out of the game others will certainly follow.
April 7, 2009 @ 10:53 PM
modernART

the folks at DG are very respected in the streetwear industry, but in times like this, "respect" doesn't seem to pay bills anymore.
April 8, 2009 @ 03:13 AM
Dorfmeister

i ordered some stuff almost two weeks ago and i've yet to receive it - also, DG used to have daily updates on new merchandise but now the only update i get is to remind me that they're having a sale.

i've had my share of negative experiences with them, but, in the end it all was sorted out. I think the economy has hit them hard btw, very hard.
April 8, 2009 @ 03:17 AM
rawwwwr

i never had a problem with them....but i fuked with them looong time ago. i just ordered 2 t's cause of the 72% off
April 8, 2009 @ 03:23 AM
roastbeef

their packaging is the best, not only that i've got three issues of juxtapoz since my black card. I sure don't see them shutting their doors indefinitely with their place in the industry .
April 8, 2009 @ 07:10 AM
Jones

While I don't know if they're going to close down, their constant sales is not a good look. With the repetive 50% sales, people are going to be spoiled by it, resulting in people only buying when their are sales.

The mindset approaching it now will be, "Why would I buy it now when they're probably going to have a 50% sale next week?"

It also has a damaging effect on other online retailers...
April 8, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
EL LAY

They're cheapening streetwear with all these sales, actually karmaloop started it with the 60% OFF and then other online shops followed and ever since, streetwear has been going down...

Now everyone from Citizen, Becomefitted, DG, to Karmaloop has been doing 40% to 60% OFF, so how does this make consumers want to pay full price? Eventually streetwear is gonna fall off because of this. I mean a lot of dudes on here preach loyalty and all that crap, but in the end, they don't give a fuck about your online shop, if another place is selling for cheaper they'll buy from the cheaper priced store.
April 8, 2009 @ 11:20 AM
Eugene K.

I think you can't say that the likes of Karmaloop and DG are doing this shit on purpose. Retail on the whole in the US has encountered massive markdowns and it would be unfair to say that they're "cheapening" this aspect of fashion as many of their high(er)-end counterparts are engaging in exactly the same thing.

Times are difficult and they do somewhat necessitate these hard measures. It's all about surviving now in my opinion. I'm not a shop owner and have little experience but that seems like what needs to be done.
April 8, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
Jones

I believe that Hikmet said it best,
Please do not buy in stuff you can not sell. At the end you will do massive sales. This is not good for the whole market. You educate your customers to buy only at your sale days.

Please login first to reply.