Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 1, 2009 @ 10:49 PM
odb.

So after reading the topic about if you will keep doing what you're doing, such as collecting SB's, it got me thinking. Where do you guys see yourself in 10 years? Moving onto a more mature style, or doing what you're doing?

To me, I'll probably gain a more mature and clean style.
January 1, 2009 @ 10:56 PM
drifter

I think most are atleast 14-20 on this site. Therfore the median age in 10 years will be 24-30, around there.

Most by that age will have changed dramatically and most will begin to start careers etc. so its inevitable that many will change up their style and especially not wear as flashy items.

It's one thing to still collect the shoes but when you are 25 and are wearing some bright pink SB's, it just doesn't sit right.

I have already changed up my clothing, don't even wear SB's anymore, although that is due in part to the fact that SB's lineup has sucked for awhile. But I do wear LRG jeans and such.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:13 PM
odb.

It's one thing to still collect the shoes but when you are 25 and are wearing some bright pink SB's, it just doesn't sit right.

That's sort of like me, there are days when I want to dress and look like a grown man, but then there are days when I want to snap some necks. I'll still stay true to street wear and a style that I was introduced to, but my style will change and I'll 'grow up'
January 1, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
C.Dante

well i'd only be 24 so i plan to dress how i do til imabout 35-40 so of course
January 1, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
Molly Wopp

ill be 28 around then so maybe yes
hopefully i can get in to the industry by then
January 1, 2009 @ 11:22 PM
odb.

Just trying to get my grown man on.cool
January 1, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
pnsho

I'm gonna get on my Daniel Craig James Bond.

But I honestly have never collected; I buy what is affordable and what I like. I try to go for the timeless pieces; rock clothes that never go out of 'style', although style is a throw-around term.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:34 PM
JordanFanatic

I'll be dressing more proper but maybe, well not really collecting. I'm only 13 haha
January 1, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
dots...

Man i'm only 17,and i stopped buying streetwear so i think i'll be damn near all suits by 27.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:43 PM
easy-e

I'll be 31 in that time, but I don't see myself giving up Jordans ('cause of my love for basketball) and several Air Maxes. I've already given up on SB's for a year now. At the age of 21, I already have to get my grown man steez on sometimes for outings and what not. What do you guys think about Vans at a later age? I think authentics and eras (in the right colour) can still be worn with the right outfit.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
odb.

I'll be 31 in that time, but I don't see myself giving up Jordans ('cause of my love for basketball) and several Air Maxes. I've already given up on SB's for a year now. At the age of 21, I already have to get my grown man steez on sometimes for outings and what not. What do you guys think about Vans at a later age? I think authentics and eras (in the right colour) can still be worn with the right outfit.

Yeah think of how weird it'd look, 30 with a kid wearing an Iron Man New Era fitted, vibrant graphic tee and a pair of pusheads.
Just look at the fits in the WDYWT threads, like Drewbacca's fits. Looks dope yet has a mature look.
Shows that you can look clean and like a grown man but still look dope and fly.
So Vans can be pulled off and look mature.

Jordan's forever man. Even when I'm 30 I'd still rock a pair of Aquas. Kanye West right there.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
easy-e

Yeah, Jordans for sure. I've never rocked new eras (don't plan to), and my graphic tee purchases have gone down over the last year. Trying to move onto more cut and sew pieces. Plus, being in 3rd year University, that graphic tee/SB look had to move on.
January 1, 2009 @ 11:54 PM
odb.

Yeah, Jordans for sure. I've never rocked new eras (don't plan to), and my graphic tee purchases have gone down over the last year. Trying to move onto more cut and sew pieces. Plus, being in 3rd year University, that graphic tee/SB look had to move on.

I'm still 15 so I've still been copping graphic tees.
When I reach 18 that's when I'll probably be parting from SB's and graphic tees.

Move onto some Nomad gear.
Or H&Msad
January 2, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
drifter

I'm still 15 so I've still been copping graphic tees.
When I reach 18 that's when I'll probably be parting from SB's and graphic tees.

Move onto some Nomad gear.
Or H&Msad

dont see why you can't wear that stuff now. For instance H&M has some nice stuff that could easily go with SB's and would give you that perfect balance of young yet, styling.

I wish i started buying from H&M and such sooner, its stuff you can never grow out of(well unless you grow in size). Some of the tees i bought even 6 months ago, i only wear to the gym now. But my H&M stuff will always be useful.
January 2, 2009 @ 12:59 AM
odb.

dont see why you can't wear that stuff now. For instance H&M has some nice stuff that could easily go with SB's and would give you that perfect balance of young yet, styling.

I wish i started buying from H&M and such sooner, its stuff you can never grow out of(well unless you grow in size). Some of the tees i bought even 6 months ago, i only wear to the gym now. But my H&M stuff will always be useful.

Lol with the sad face about how I probably won't have the cash for gear at Nomad and H&M will be my back up.
I am trying to get a bit into that, got a nice jacket and thermal long sleeve shirt from Old Navy for Christmas. Shit looks dope.
January 2, 2009 @ 01:03 AM
pnsho

H&M is cheap. You can also get great stuff there if you know how to look.

You can show your maturity through how you dress. But some others may say it's not what you wear, but how you wear it.
January 2, 2009 @ 01:25 AM

Inactive

i cant believe people on this forum still collect things

at some point you have to learn to wear what looks good on you, not what you can collect/show off the most of
January 2, 2009 @ 10:28 AM
BA$ED

i'd be 29, so yeah i wouldn't be rocking flashy shit, just plain colored tees and some khakis or jeans, and prolly just rock some vans and nikes
January 2, 2009 @ 12:27 PM
bwssldr

People still collect SBs? You don't need to wait 10 years to stop doing that.

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

January 2, 2009 @ 01:09 PM
Eddy.

i dunno i still think ill be wearing the same types of brands if im older (and if they survive that long), for sure though i dont think ill be wearing flashy stuff when i work at a better job, but during the weekend when im just hanging out with some ppl ill be dressing somewhat back to my old self, just more sophisticated
January 2, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
jizzla

Man i'm only 17,and i stopped buying streetwear so i think i'll be damn near all suits by 27.

same here i'm 16, and i already sto wearing vibrant "streetwear" clothing, i mostly wear RL Polo,button ups,and cardigans now so i think i might be rocking suits in 10 years too haha,i have about 4-5 pairs of sbs but i dont really rock them anymore

People still collect SBs? You don't need to wait 10 years to stop doing that.

who collect sneakers anymore besides lame iss kids that are trapped in '06 lmao
January 2, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
odb.

who collect sneakers anymore besides lame iss kids that are trapped in '06 lmao

ISS Pinoy hypebeasts haha.
January 2, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
jizzla

^haha

i cant front though,i'm still into sneakers,i just dont "collect" them nor am i a brand whore that only buys nikes that are $150 and up
January 2, 2009 @ 03:02 PM
ImperiusRex

i noticed i stop look for t-shirts and shit when i go shoppin. Im startin ta cop ALOT of button ups. I also have a thing for corduroys now, but that might jus be a phase im goin through lol. as far as shoes go, i can honestly say i've never bought a pair of SB's...I'm more of a low top Vans kinda guy.
January 2, 2009 @ 03:28 PM
pnsho

i noticed i stop look for t-shirts and shit when i go shoppin. Im startin ta cop ALOT of button ups. I also have a thing for corduroys now, but that might jus be a phase im goin through lol. as far as shoes go, i can honestly say i've never bought a pair of SB's...I'm more of a low top Vans kinda guy.

Corduroys are durable, warm, and classic. Don't ever feel ashamed about cawping cords.

It seems as we all grow older, we look to button-ups as opposed to tees. I mean, I'll rock tees anyday, but if anything, button-ups >
January 2, 2009 @ 04:05 PM
*MILK*

I probably won't change due to the fact I dont really give a fuck about this shit. I just try to dress for the occasion and not care for what brand i'm wearing. I wear what ever and for all you "quality" nerds out there, as long as the shirt isn't shrinking a full size or more, what are you griping about? It sure as hell wont tear for the way you wear it.

As for sneaker collecting 10yrs from now, hell yea. Reason being is i'll be more than done with school, so I could buy all the jordans that mean most to me. But my definition of collecting is different, I've always wore mine....no glass case, zip lock bag b.s.

I got much love for die hard collectors though. My dad lost 2 pair og 1's amongst other og nikes, like umber acg trainers and shit, because he thought the hurricane was a joke. I never saw my dad cry for anything other that death, but that day... You prolly thinkin' why didn't he re-buy 'em? I asked him and he was like, "That aint even the point, anybody can do that, its the memories behind it."

SORRY FOR THE FUCKING ESSAY
January 2, 2009 @ 04:40 PM
EATsleepJDM

i havent really been in the shoe collecting thing but i used to wear a bunch of different brands before like vans, nike, reebok, addidas.but now i like to wear stuff that looks casual and is comfy.i still wear addidas but now i have like 5 pairs of Asics Onitsuka Tigers which i love.but i see myself still wearing onitsukas but i dont know about the other brands.

ex. of the onits i have.

January 2, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
jizzla

true

i love chukkas
January 2, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
neato torpedo

the collector never stops collecting.
January 2, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
ImperiusRex

true

i love chukkas

i havent copped any yet...
but there at the top of my list. right after the Zappo del barco's

Please login first to reply.