Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 22, 2011 @ 03:27 AM
S4v

"Asian americans will always truly be the ones playing catch up because they're subservient nature wont allow them to be bold and stand out." that has to be in the top ten most ignorant things ive ever heard. thats like sayin all black men will never go to college due to there baby mama drama. and asian's have no male icons over here, yes. but in japan etc etc, there gods. And they have ZERO influence??? and black people have icons like pahrrell and kanye??!??!?!?!? pharrell is part asian....and where the fuck do you think pharrell got 98% of his style from? japan and nigo. same with kanye. shout out to takashi murakami. and no im not asian. youre just ignorant. America is a fucking melting pot, we all take ideas and inspirations from each other.

Pharrell was pushing the line long before he fukked with bape, kanye has been pushing the line for longer than 3 years. Pharrell is NOT PART ASIAN. Just stop the ignorance.

Asian males in america are not to celebrated for anything in american pop culture and no NON-Asians want to do anything like them in this country. I refuse to let any asian americans front like that they're significant over black americans in any realm of american pop culture.

I refuse to let any non blacks just disrespect black folks for their supposed lack of style when 99% of these supposed chic/hipsters are dressing in a way that was directly influenced from a black niqqa. Either we did it first, or did it a way that made it cool for you to do it. Example: white folks BEEN wearing vans and chucks, it wasn't "cool" at all. A niqqa starts wearin em? it's cool as hell now. White rock n roll style of dress gets taken by some blacks, add a lil "swag" to it and now that's cool. It's just the way it is. Black americans = cosigners and creators of cool (in various american scenes).

We've taken from various non black fashion cultures, but i can't recall ANYBODY taking anything from asian american fashion culture or ANY asian fashion culture. And until i see a niqqa wearing a karate suit with gucci g's all over it, i'm sticking to that suprised

Just stop the senseless hate on black folks when it comes to style, it ain't right.
September 22, 2011 @ 03:43 AM
3lite

2 of the posts so far in this thread defending/hyping black people.
September 22, 2011 @ 03:50 AM
no1deasoriginal

we're on it

September 22, 2011 @ 04:07 AM
Pretty Joseph

lol you brought up such an intriguing point! how did i ever miss that!!!!

but seriously lol you point out that, while not saying anything about him makin racist stereotypes? and saying his style icons are pharrell and kanye....when in fact those americans where influenced by the people that he said give no influence??!?!?!?! LULZ

confused i assume dude was trolling and didn't think anybody would respond, but he did make a point, speaking strictly of ASIAN-AMERICAN, i can't really think of a male (or female for that matter) who really changed the american game from a style point of view or even cultural point of view except for like... bruce lee? maybe jackie chan? guess yao ming? atleast not until the last couple of years

but as far as japan and bape, nigo and all that yea, don't think anybody would deny that, but then again it really was pharell (who IS supposedly like 1/4th korean korean) and the clipse who really bought that over on the US streetwear radar

but yes I agree Kanye just what 3 years ago was on that bagggy bagggy shit... then he lost some weight and finally could fit in some skinny/fitted jeans... but now he wants to start wearing suits but too bad he too short for that shit... end of the day he's still a ♥♥♥♥♥... funny how he is always praising up black people in his songs yet only goes after white chicks... or light skin chicks that only look good because of the white gene...

Lol.

lol wut?

Pharrell was pushing the line long before he fukked with bape, kanye has been pushing the line for longer than 3 years.

Asian males in america are not to celebrated for anything in american pop culture and no NON-Asians want to do anything like them in this country. I refuse to let any asian americans front like that they're significant over black americans in any realm of american pop culture.

I refuse to let any non blacks just disrespect black folks for their supposed lack of style when 99% of these supposed chic/hipsters are dressing in a way that was directly influenced from a black niqqa. Either we did it first, or did it a way that made it cool for you to do it. Example: white folks BEEN wearing vans and chucks, it wasn't "cool" at all. A niqqa starts wearin em? it's cool as hell now. White rock n roll style of dress gets taken by some blacks, add a lil "swag" to it and now that's cool. It's just the way it is. Black americans = cosigners and creators of cool (in various american scenes).

We've taken from various non black fashion cultures, but i can't recall ANYBODY taking anything from asian american fashion culture or ANY asian fashion culture. And until i see a niqqa wearing a karate suit with gucci g's all over it, i'm sticking to that suprised

Just stop the senseless hate on black folks when it comes to style, it ain't right.

and im guessing what dudes saying is that while you never hear about how africans have made style jumps, throughout american history ♥♥♥♥♥s been affecting the way fashion and entertainment has gone in the country for a while (see jazz musicians, athletes, rappers)

and true NOW everybody things of p and instantly thinks BBC/ice cream & bape and how he got that from Nigo in japan, but even back in the late 90's and shit dude was the only ♥♥♥♥♥ wearing skate clothing while everybody had velour sean jean sweatsuits and shit, so to say he got his "swag" or whatever from asians isn't true. same as ye, NOW we see what he wears and it looks like he's trying to dress more upscale or whatever, but even back before college dropout you'd see him in videos and he'd be the only ♥♥♥♥♥ wearing a rugby shirt with the popped collar among 20 other ♥♥♥♥♥s with jerseys so he's always been out there fashion wise

finally, while skinny jeans, jordans,vans chucks have been around for years, usually it takes a ♥♥♥♥♥ with mass appeal like wiz/cudi/chris brown to start rocking em before you see tumblr flooded with pics of pinoys and mexicans wearing em. not to say they don't put their own spin on it and shit, prime example snapbacks. can't tell me some asian dude out in cali started rocking one he found in a vintage store and the shit caught on. everybody knows damn well it came from a rapper. even them dudes from the far east movement name a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥s whenever they're asked about their influences.

again, not saying asians cant dress or ♥♥♥♥♥s came up with this, just be mindful of the roots

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 22, 2011 @ 04:41 AM
art vandelay

September 22, 2011 @ 07:33 AM
ricky_bobby

Can anyone recognize Kanye's black bracelet on his right hand?
OK we know about the Burkman bros bracelets but this black is not from them.Can anyone identify?

[IMG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6485/kanyewestairportlondon0.jpg" /> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
September 22, 2011 @ 11:24 AM
S4v

I stand by what i said, and i colud definitely go on, but i'll drop it now so the thread can get back on topic
September 22, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
3lite

Black people always think the world owes them something
September 22, 2011 @ 06:08 PM
ichigo81

Facts: Asians have pretty much ZERO influence on american pop culture. They have no real influential dominant male figures for any type of outlet. Asian amaericans will always truly be the ones playing catch up because they're subservient nature wont allow them to be bold and stand out. NO racial group is copying anything asian accept maybe fixing up them civics in the 90's. alexander wang is dope tho..

Facts: Blacks have, and more than likely always will be a force in american pop culture. And we will more than likely never get truly paid for any of our dopeness =[ Two of the most influential forces in fashion for he past 10 years are Black americans: Pharell and Kanye.

Facts: whites, in general, will continue to benefit from something some other minority did. And the band will play on.

That's about it

my n*gga, the last chance for any of u asians was bruce lee and that n*gga been dead nearly 40 years, don't be butt hurtcool
September 22, 2011 @ 08:54 PM
LeoTheLion

Lol I love how you said in the other post you weren't asian... brah we know you're asian. It's so obvious... nobody on this forum would defend a certain race if they weren't it...You're from Seattle and it looks like you're proud of it and you call it "Steezattle" only streetwear wannabe asian kids from Seattle would probably use that...

Lol.

bitch how you gonna tell me what i am, im half german quarter mexican and quarter italian, and no i dont wear lids snapbacks and cargo shorts, and we say steezattle as a joke, my names jesse clifton and im from seattle washington. look me up. i dont give a fuck what race i stick up for, im just givin my honest opinion. SHOTS FIRED. twitter.com/#!/JesseClifton
September 22, 2011 @ 08:57 PM
3lite

What shots? I see and hear nothing. You're just defending yourself from my shots.

#herp derp

Lulz. I don't have twitter and can't see it.
September 22, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
LeoTheLion

to be honest i lost interest, talking with you is making my IQ drop. it feels like im watching the republican debate.
September 22, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
TTHX

lmao at black people making vans cool.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

September 23, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
atmosfear

so much ignorance...
but just to bring some points...who the fuck determines what's "cool" anyway?

as for asians and fashion...jimmy choo anyone? fashion isn't just this hype stuff...
September 23, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
Eaton

its true though, whites and blacks have the biggest affect on pop culture. asians are almost a non-factor. besides jackie chan and bruce lee i can't really think of many icons that had a significant impact here in america.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

September 23, 2011 @ 12:34 AM
jawesome

Ya'll aren't the epitome of your races, calm your bitch asses down.

Instagram: prxsh

September 23, 2011 @ 12:37 AM
atmosfear

i agree with you completely, although i think there are more.

but statements like "Asian americans will always truly be the ones playing catch up because they're subservient nature wont allow them to be bold and stand out." is a ridiculous generalization and "NO racial group is copying anything asian accept maybe fixing up them civics in the 90's" is just something that can't be taken seriously at all.

i don't disagree that asians are a non-factor in american pop culture, but if people are going to talk about this stuff let's at least do it with some class.
September 23, 2011 @ 12:59 AM
Rizal

lmao at black people making vans cool.

Wayne did
September 23, 2011 @ 07:31 AM
StreetwearOverSuits

hulkshare.com/h702twcg34qm

cool&)

P.S. I don't give a fuck if it's been posted already, it's too dope for me to care cool
September 23, 2011 @ 08:36 AM
-alex

the fuck is going on in this thread
September 23, 2011 @ 08:42 AM
Wishez.

Gay shit.
September 23, 2011 @ 10:52 AM
Koven

its true though, whites and blacks have the biggest affect on pop culture. asians are almost a non-factor. besides jackie chan and bruce lee i can't really think of many icons that had a significant impact here in america.

Lloyd from entourage, Harold from Harold and Kumar, William Hung, and Rufio from Hook. cool

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

September 23, 2011 @ 02:49 PM
loso85

Example: white folks BEEN wearing vans and chucks, it wasn't "cool" at all. A niqqa starts wearin em? it's cool as hell now. White rock n roll style of dress gets taken by some blacks, add a lil "swag" to it and now that's cool.

Arghhh... My head is actually hurting from reading this.

I mean, I don't know whether to laugh or despair in his stupidity. I mean, you can't even call this ignorance it's just sheer STUPIDITY!! Inexcusable dumbness.

FFS don't breed, fucking clown.
September 23, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
arararlu

Wow
September 23, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
arararlu

Nice thread.
September 23, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
Pretty Joseph

cool yall need to go outside more often

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 23, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
flipside03

lol

What is this? n*ggas are trying to dress proper now? Copying white people swag? lol

Currently, most influential fashion/art designers are Whites and a few Asians.
black people just ran with the styles, thinking they were responsible for it.

just ask kanye.
September 24, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
gabriox

this thread is big shame now, just look at the way people are saying nonsense, all for nothing its a pity. i dont wanna enter this argue but this is a fact. the most copied human in the world is a black man.
September 24, 2011 @ 12:32 AM
3lite

this thread is big shame now, just look at the way people are saying nonsense, all for nothing its a pity. i dont wanna enter this argue but this is a fact. the most copied human in the world is a black man.

not on a test
September 24, 2011 @ 01:18 AM
gabriox

not on a test

hahahahahahahahahah , you got me son. i aint even madsmile

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.