Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 17, 2008 @ 06:01 AM
JLASA

just wondering how you guys wrap them around your neck to look like this

August 17, 2008 @ 06:44 AM
Joe_

ugh
August 17, 2008 @ 10:28 AM
Shanklin

Someone PLEASE tell me how to pronounce this shit.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

August 17, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
Medasyn

^^ sheh - mahg
August 17, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
aleksae

only for emos.
August 17, 2008 @ 11:16 AM
swagasfuck

plz dun do it, its not cool when u get out of high school
August 17, 2008 @ 11:48 AM
tapemanpl

i don't see how you need help wearing it like that

take your square shemagh, and fold it diagonally from one corner to another, you end up with a triangle this is pretty much the base shape for any way to wear a shemagh, to get it the way you want put it on your chest pointy side down and wrap the rest around your neck, helps if you squeeze the ends a bit so they don't end up so angular
August 17, 2008 @ 12:27 PM
2week

shemaghs for fags
August 17, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
heydeleteme

Please no!
August 17, 2008 @ 01:43 PM
KevinsThatDude

I hate these things, every fag at my school has one.
August 17, 2008 @ 01:49 PM
Brosef

unless this has ummm racial or religious purposes dont do it bro.
August 17, 2008 @ 02:28 PM
CuttyBuddy

^ Pretty much all of them do. The thing I hate most is when people wear clothes, and they have no idea what it means. They're only in it for the fashion statement, which may cause a lot of controversy. And yeah, it's the same way you would wear a fucking bandana around your neck. Fold it from opposite edges to make a triangle, then put the thing around your neck and tie it. It's not rocket science.
August 17, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
youngturbo

shemags = total hypebeast
August 17, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
tapemanpl

^ Pretty much all of them do. The thing I hate most is when people wear clothes, and they have no idea what it means. They're only in it for the fashion statement, which may cause a lot of controversy. And yeah, it's the same way you would wear a fucking bandana around your neck. Fold it from opposite edges to make a triangle, then put the thing around your neck and tie it. It's not rocket science.

you seem pretty ignorant yourself when it comes to what a shemagh is worn for...a shemagh is worn like a baseball cap in north america, people wear it to keep their head cool and out of the sun, that's the only reason. it is a traditional headdress but that is only because everyone wears it there is no racial or religious requirement to wear one
August 17, 2008 @ 03:12 PM
yogurtflame

i kno the meaning behind it, but who gives a shit if ur rockin it in north america? if it looks dope rock it.
August 17, 2008 @ 05:55 PM
hypism.

All the Arab thugs I know wear those things. Not the same color though.

If you ain't Arab or Muslim at least, don't wear it please. Thanks.
August 17, 2008 @ 06:21 PM
CuttyBuddy

you seem pretty ignorant yourself when it comes to what a shemagh is worn for...a shemagh is worn like a baseball cap in north america, people wear it to keep their head cool and out of the sun, that's the only reason. it is a traditional headdress but that is only because everyone wears it there is no racial or religious requirement to wear one

Ignorant? Do you know what the topic creator was asking? He was asking how do you wear it the way that was shown in the picture he posted. And the people in the picture are wearing it the way I just said. That shit ain't on their head homie. But yeah you're right that is how Arabians/Muslims wear it, but that is clearly not what the TC was asking. Be a little more careful next time.
August 17, 2008 @ 07:36 PM
eMily

It's associated with palestinian nationalism but that's not it's sole purpose, it's mainly protection, western soldiers have been wearing them for years. Alot of people get their panties in a bunch when people wear it as a fashion statement but I personally don't see what the big deal is.

If you like it, wear it. Just don't expect everyone to agree with it and out of respect, at least know what you are wearing.
December 23, 2012 @ 06:43 AM
xantiherox

You're all a bunch of jack bags. The shemagh (pronounced sh-mog), also known as a kiffeyeh, has about as much cultural significance as an argyle sweater vest. Seriously. Although it's not typically worn as a hipster fashion statement in the middle east, rather it's worn for its functionality, protecting against the elements. For one thing, there is little to no shade in the desert. The shemagh is worn to keep the sun off the skin. Also, I'm willing to bet hardly anyone in this forum has experienced an Iraqi sandstorm. If you had, you'd give your favorite limb for a shemagh just so you could breath. Believe it or not, it actually gets pretty cold in the northern regions of the dry, arid middle eastern desert. Traditional shemaghs are made of a cotton-wool blend which makes for a lightweight construction that also helps to keep you warm, even when wet, while also allowing for them to dry quickly.

If you're wearing something because you like the way it looks, good for you. That's actually the reason ANYONE wears ANYTHING. You like hollister shirts, yoga pants and ugg boots? Well you COULD be wearing beat up old jeans, chuck taylors and a baggy band tee. It's called PREFERENCE, and is the basis of FASHION. So what if you don't like the way a shemagh and some buddy holly glasses look on someone? Don't fucking wear them. I wear a shemag because it keeps my neck warm in the winter, not because I'm trying to impress anyone or make a fashion statement. It also looks damn fine.
Oh, and I got mine from a bazaar in Iraq, you want to tell me I don't have reason to wear it?
December 25, 2012 @ 07:23 AM
mman200

It's been 4 years, calm down.

Please login first to reply.