FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 3, 2008 @ 03:51 PM
Coolest

Vouch^^ and bbc
June 3, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
Olde Ivory

Olde Ivory for sure.
All this hype and they've only printed stickers....
June 5, 2008 @ 01:24 AM
kola49

supreme hands down.
June 5, 2008 @ 10:46 AM
BWS

supreme

some shits cool, like the blazers ...but most other shit is ehh
June 5, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
BARaCUDA

Bape. Not feelin them. especsially their kicks, af1 copies.
June 5, 2008 @ 06:27 PM
FearItSelf

supreme is hands down my favorite brand but i still think they are the most overated. Anything they put out sells out. And its not by the people who really like the brand. Shit in stores will stay on shelfes if its bad but everything online sells out in a little under 3 days. I dont care if its cool to bag on preme, its my favorite brand and what i mostly wear. They put out a lot of bad shit, but people still eat it up. I think they were and still are making the best products whether those porducts be less in frequency.

and my hat is real. i returned the fake one and then found a real one but i had to pay rape (90$)
June 6, 2008 @ 11:53 AM
evers

considering whos wearing lrg now i would say they are probably more ''street'' than most of the ''streetwear'' brands being rocked in the suburbs now.ironic thing about streetwear. i will even say that lrgs pele and their track jacket really up the ante in terms of independent brands or ''streetwear''. they still have dope work though its everywhere i.e macys and thats not cool. not overrated though. but the hundreds, crooks, triumvir, in4mation, shmack, fuct.
June 6, 2008 @ 02:58 PM
owensA

^cosign

true, i guess LRG is too big to be classified as "street", but a lot of people still rock it like it is.

I don't see how LRG isn't streetwear anymore? Just because the owners have made it into a successful brand doesn't obscure the fact that it still has retained the same aesthetic, more or less. It's just as streetwear as 5 years ago.

I'd have to go with Supreme though. I love and own some of their shit, but how can you ignore the fact that people pay $100+ for a fucking t-shirt with a simple red/white logo that rips off Barbara Kruger? Not to mention, Supreme puts out a ton of shit items each year that still sell and go for double or triple their price on ebay. It's Supreme's strategy though, they release only small quantities in a few select outlets. They know their appeal is just as much about hype, rarity, etc. as actual aesthetics and quality.
June 7, 2008 @ 09:31 AM
dtrader

Honestly, supreme is just about the only "streetwear" brand I wear, so it's easy to say I'm biased. However, I think most people on here that are calling it overrated, are basing it on the tees costing 50+ and the caps costing 80 (which doesn't make sense, as it isn't determined by the brand). At the instore price of $28, I find supreme tees to be a good deal (in addition to having a good cut and interesting designs). You also get the benefit of knowing you can wear their shirts for a yr, sell them, and actually make money on your old shirt. Compare that to an alife/dissizit/crooks/etc., that costs $35 instore, and will likely sell for $15 a yr later, and its clear which is a better value to me.
June 7, 2008 @ 02:23 PM
ex's

all shoes are af1 copies these days.

most shoes are authentic vans copies these days.
June 7, 2008 @ 09:25 PM
digital

supleme
June 10, 2008 @ 11:55 AM
Gaberockka

I'm gonna have to go with The Hundreds...

People salivate for every one of their releases like rabid dogs and I have yet to see one joint from them that I liked...
June 11, 2008 @ 12:32 AM
Big Fresh

visvim and supreme without a doubt.
June 11, 2008 @ 01:08 AM
Obdeboondocks

Supreme

Reason: People are paying more then they should for sometimes basic 1 color tee-s that just say Supreme in the middle.

cosign.

one brand that i never really got was imking. granted their still up and coming but never really got excited like how others did.
June 11, 2008 @ 01:32 AM
Goldi

overrated = media attention/fan buzz for a product that really isn't all that great.

That being said, I am not understanding this LRG business. I dont wear it, never have. but they arent in the same league as Hundreds, 10 deep etc as their distribution is all over the place. they're the new Rocawear/Sean John at this point [as opposed to say, stussy which has (re)aligned itself with the streetwear universe rather than continuing on the path they took in the 90s much like LRG is right now]. They've paid their dues and their stuff is designed immaculately and has solid construction. They just dont belong in this conversation and hence cant be overrated as a streetwear brand.

my pick for overrated? pick one of these random asian brands hypebeast keeps pumping up that has absolutely no relevance to the North American market. Further, i'm not sure they have any relation to streetwear 'as we have known it be thus far' [a very north american phenomenon as far as I'm concerned].

another good candidate: FUCT. Does Eric Benneti's stuff only sell in Japan or something? I havent seen a solid design from this brand in ages despite it being an OG brand. what was the last time we saw a cut and sew piece from them?
June 11, 2008 @ 05:07 AM
bape4me

Definately LRG.
June 14, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
thisjustin91

stussy for sure

cosign cosign cosign fsho
June 14, 2008 @ 03:54 AM
zeezyo

hundreds for real. how was the line for the sf opening so long? shits wack. their sf location is a lot better than the one on fairfax too.

stussy i cant say is overrated. its just over exposed but hey they been in this game for sooo long now. LRG is just overhyped by black people. just like bape and jordans.

nike is over rated too.

X

June 14, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
embark

bleh at hate on stussy and fuct..
FUCK outta here.
June 16, 2008 @ 12:19 AM
Crusader619

Stussy for sure
June 16, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
clip

nom de guerre.

i respect the hundreds as a brand because they at least have substance and seem to want to develop a community with its clientele and within the industry. i agree that their t-shirts can be surprisingly wack though (especially considering how critical they are of the industry).
June 16, 2008 @ 02:59 AM
Kite188

LOL @ NumeroUno and his "diamond has the worst designs" seriously. im guessing you've never looked at SOME designs from the hundreds undefeated and all.

anyway. I'm really down with diamond streetwise, but of course, i own shirts from other street brands. most overrated is supreme. Dont get me wrong, i love the basic box logo and kermit and all, but its just I think some shirts are WAY too basic, then they sell for 5x what they were originally worth. I would pay 28$ for a basic box tee, just cause its supreme and all, but paying 100$ for it and in a colorway like gray? not digging that. Only shirt IMO that is worth the 100$ itself is the kermit, and maybe raekwon, but again thats just my opinion. I couldnt believe how overhyped the DREADFUL predator tee was. and once again, im sure we will see it going for 100$ in a few weeks.

and no, im not hating on supreme, im just stating MY opinion, on whats the most overhyped.

p.s: I havent seen anyone but myself wear diamond supply here in
chula vista ,CA which is pretty much SD
June 17, 2008 @ 07:02 PM
Thim Slugga

crooks and the hundreds
June 17, 2008 @ 07:15 PM
todrunk2walk

stussy
June 18, 2008 @ 02:15 AM

Inactive

stussy used to be good but recently they have sucked and sucked hard at that

only their flannels have been decent
June 20, 2008 @ 11:59 PM
WadeFromPhilly

Crooks fosho. They are doing anything they can to save face with the real streetwear customers cause the only people buyin their shit is a bunch of wack motherfuckers. I saw a host on Nickelodeon wearin an illuminati tee. Hundreds is pretty bad too
June 21, 2008 @ 08:36 AM
SuperEGO

Right now, I'm unsure. But I feel it's between Supreme and BBC.
I know their quality's really good and all, but wtf is $70 for a plain ass tee just because it has whichever brand in the middle? At least make an effort and design something for people to go gaga over. Now they're just taking advantage of the hypebeasts.
June 21, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
Lifted.

look at the wdywt thread
June 21, 2008 @ 02:30 PM
Vancouver

Stussy and LRG at my school for sure.
June 22, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
Calborn

Stussy.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

Please login first to reply.