April 25, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
Free Agent

I am especially interested in the SP3-E shorts, but they are a little rich for my taste.
April 26, 2008 @ 06:14 PM
Benny Lava

I am especially interested in the SP3-E shorts, but they are a little rich for my taste.

just buy them. you wont regret it. im waiting on my pair right now.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

April 27, 2008 @ 02:39 AM
Free Agent

The shorts are $500.00 Canadian....
April 27, 2008 @ 11:35 PM
GP La Flare

what stores carry these?
April 28, 2008 @ 07:58 PM
GP La Flare

any other stores and where are those located there pretty fresh
April 29, 2008 @ 12:20 PM
Eugene K.

Haven (in Edmonont) might pick Acr up for Fall I heard through the grapevine

When you say comparitive to Acr, do you mean on a technical material level or on a aesthetics level?
April 29, 2008 @ 06:24 PM
ClockworkJ

Acronym costs a lot, but its worth it. I dont think you can really compare it to any other brand on any kind of level, certainly not on a technical level. If you want a nice technical clothes then the burton AK and Idiom lines are good (erolson used to design for burton), and certainly a bit cheaper, but they dont really come anywhere near ACR on a technical level, theres just an insane amount of detail put into ACR stuff.
April 29, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
Eugene K.

Having never bought Acr/Visvim's Gore jackets nor Canada Goose, I seriously think Canada Goose deserves mention. The stylings are different and a little more conservative then Acr however the use of technical fabrics trumps both Acr and Visvim's use of Gore-Tex (even if it's Gore Pro).

*all based on articles read etc
April 29, 2008 @ 10:17 PM
GP La Flare

well im not talkin about jackets if were talking about jackets nothing beats north face and arcteryx
trust me im from chicago winter hits hard here
alpha hyvent> gore anything
steep techs are dope and hella warm
April 30, 2008 @ 05:01 PM
Free Agent

Haven (in Edmonont) might pick Acr up for Fall I heard through the grapevine

When you say comparitive to Acr, do you mean on a technical material level or on a aesthetics level?

Haven is a great spot, I used to stop in all the time when i lived in Edmonton. I'm definitely looking for something that has a comparable aesthetic feel, but a lower price point. I know i won't be able to match the material and construction of Acronym, but something that is a little easier on the pocket would be nice.
April 30, 2008 @ 10:57 PM
Eugene K.

Here are my recommendations from Canada Goose's Non-Insulated Collection

www.canada-goose.com/pearson_field_jacket.html
www.canada-goose.com/north_bay_expedition.html
www.canada-goose.com/fraser_rainshell.html

Riri zippers throughout, c_change technology with either 3XDRY (Pearson) or Arctic Tech shell.

The Pearson tops out at $550 CND
April 30, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
Free Agent

Cool, i like everything you suggested. I assume it runs 'true to size'?
May 1, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
ndlewis

Having never bought Acr/Visvim's Gore jackets nor Canada Goose, I seriously think Canada Goose deserves mention. The stylings are different and a little more conservative then Acr however the use of technical fabrics trumps both Acr and Visvim's use of Gore-Tex (even if it's Gore Pro).

*all based on articles read etc

That is a horrible comparison. Canada Goose does not even deserve to be in the same mindset as acronym. I have a few pieces myself, including the J11 from last season. It was hands down one of the best purchases i have ever made. Honestly, the product is flawless. The technical aspects, material choices, and construction make the product in a complete league of its own. Although the price is not for the faint of heart, I guarantee that you will be glad you spent every penny.
May 3, 2008 @ 01:48 AM
Free Agent

It really isn't that bad of a suggestion. Anyway, i still want to know if anyone makes a comparable pair of shorts for half the price, heh.
May 4, 2008 @ 09:48 AM
Eugene K.

That is a horrible comparison. Canada Goose does not even deserve to be in the same mindset as acronym. I have a few pieces myself, including the J11 from last season. It was hands down one of the best purchases i have ever made. Honestly, the product is flawless. The technical aspects, material choices, and construction make the product in a complete league of its own. Although the price is not for the faint of heart, I guarantee that you will be glad you spent every penny.

That's pretty ignorant. Gore-Tex in all it's derivatives have been surpassed by new materials eVent (maybe on pair with Gore-Tex Pro) and atmospherically sensitive materials like c_change/miaPLEX etc etc. Material choices from Acr have imo been surpassed, you can argue for fit/cutting etc but I wouldn't go as far as to say that a brand who has been the purveyors of jackets for scientists in Antarctica/Arctic for over 40 years to not be worth mentioning alongside Acr when performance fashion is being discussed.
May 12, 2008 @ 03:05 PM
TheTunerSource

First off let me say this. Acronym is great clothing but so overpriced I think its hilarious. Also they have never used GoreTex XCR or GoreTex Pro. If you check their fabrics its neither of these two top of the line fabrics, which you should get at the top of the line prices.

That is why i default to Acteryx. They have Goretex Pro made in North America. Where as in many other companies like Visvim, TNF, Marmot, Mountain Hardware make it in cheap sweat shops factories. Admittedly, you do need to call Arcyertx to find out which are still made in Canada. The one I know for sure is the Alpha LT, SV, which are awesome.

In terms of shorts I'm not sure if the Arcteryx shorts will suffice. But regardless, I would much rather use Arcyeryx than any other jacket. I figure if they use that stuff for Mount Baldy or Everest, then I should be okay.
May 14, 2008 @ 09:17 PM
Eugene K.

First off let me say this. Acronym is great clothing but so overpriced I think its hilarious. Also they have never used GoreTex XCR or GoreTex Pro. If you check their fabrics its neither of these two top of the line fabrics, which you should get at the top of the line prices.

That is why i default to Acteryx. They have Goretex Pro made in North America. Where as in many other companies like Visvim, TNF, Marmot, Mountain Hardware make it in cheap sweat shops factories. Admittedly, you do need to call Arcyertx to find out which are still made in Canada. The one I know for sure is the Alpha LT, SV, which are awesome.

In terms of shorts I'm not sure if the Arcteryx shorts will suffice. But regardless, I would much rather use Arcyeryx than any other jacket. I figure if they use that stuff for Mount Baldy or Everest, then I should be okay.

www.the-glade.com/acronym/10537/gt-j11l_jacket.html Gore-Pro ?

Are you referring to the construction of the jacket as being made overseas, or the material itself being made overseas?
May 16, 2008 @ 06:04 PM
lazybonejone

ACR is not worth the money. This taken from someone who spent $600 on their wool hoodie from a season back. The fit is great, and it uses Schoeller nanotechnology. But a lot of the companies use the same technology on their jackets. Cloudveil definitely comes to mind when I think of good performance softshells..

My ACR front zipper busted up after a year. The side laminated zipper somehow came loose and snagged a few of my tees. Because I bought the jacket in Japan neither Firmament or the Glade offered any assurances. This is beyond retarded; any brand mentioned in this thread would have done something. Whether I get a new jacket, or had the jacket fixed I know it would be something.

As an outdoor enthusiast I would highly suggest Cloudveil and Arcteryx. But, Arcteryx has fallen victim to China manufacturing, and the price does not warrant the product.

Look at the Arcteryx LEAF line if you want that mil-spec look. And Cloudveil is just on top of their game when it comes to softshells.

Oh, and XCR is pretty dated, but Goretex can throw tons of money into marketing and reasons why they are considered the top of the food chain. I have a few jackets which use goretex pro shell and they are pretty good. They have soft interiors, keeps you warm, ultra waterproof and breathable.

You buy ACR because you want to say "you ain't up on this shit", so thus you need to pay that premium. In reality ACR does not get any outdoor enthusiast converts.

Canada Goose on the other hand is pretty good, and they use good materials, and their price is on par with the brands that I have mentioned.

Technical Jackets I own:
Arcteryx Scorpion
Arcteryx Epislon
Acronym SS-J2W
Burton 3L
Cloudveil Rayzar (get it on sale at Sierratradingpost and use a coupon)
The North Face Denali

Tech Jackets I HAVE Ownded:
The North Face Zero Gravity
Arcteryx Gamma MX
May 16, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
soundbomber

May 16, 2008 @ 07:53 PM
Union LA

We carry Acronym. We currently have some Spring/Summer '08 items in stock including the shorts and a few button up short sleeves. Come through the shop to check it out.
October 7, 2008 @ 05:08 AM
K!w!

http://www.the-glade.com/acronym/10624/s-j1a_lightshell_stotz_etaproof_interops_jacket.html
[SIZE="5"]WTF is a gravity pocket ???[/SIZE]

About Acronym Vs Cloudveil, Canada Goose... , i think Acronym is designed for urban lifestyle. A friend of mine owns an acronym jacket and it's perfect for fall/winter in Paris, NY, London... but if you live in siberia, acronym is no match for Canada Goose.
But acronym is not worth the money tough. Id rather choose Burton/Idiom 3L.
October 7, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
Eugene K.

gravity pocket is basically a pocket that is internalized in the sleeve and when necessary you can have the pocket open up and release whatever item is in there (i.e. camera/phone). There are videos of it around.
October 7, 2008 @ 02:59 PM
5&A Dime

Man, I sometimes wish I was out of socal. None of these jackets would ever be worn, it's 80* outside. I really like that gt-j16 jacket.
October 8, 2008 @ 05:17 AM
K!w!

Thanks Eugene. But i couldnt find anywhere those vids.
October 8, 2008 @ 08:53 AM
Eugene K.

It's a short video but the gravity pocket is seen @ 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJJtyOvmYGQ
October 8, 2008 @ 09:52 AM
TL

nice vid, never seen that around here
October 9, 2008 @ 07:19 AM
K!w!

Nice. But after getting your cellphone out of your sleeve, can you put it back in the pocket the same way or do you have to use the outside zipper?

And by the way, are there other brands using that "gravity pocket" technology? Although i love that thing, it does not worth $700.
October 9, 2008 @ 01:29 PM
Eugene K.

I'm not sure about that... unless you put your arm in the air ahah.

Please login first to reply.