Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
February 25, 2008 @ 07:28 PM
tommyroks

Anyone that get a job, please dont be cheap with your discounts. Thanks

Store
-Sales staff
-Inventory management staff

Office
-Office adminastrative assistant ( must be bilingual in english/japanese )

plse send your resume to: [email]resume@bapenyc.com[/email]
February 25, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
Benny Lava

somehow i dont think thats a job that pays the bills.

the average employee makes less than 1% of what the company makes.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

February 25, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
Lin

i wonder how much u get paid working at a bape store?

same like any other retail stores? confused
February 25, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
B2FiNiTY

i can see one's paycheck automatically going back into the store already.
February 25, 2008 @ 10:26 PM
line-one

it would look kinda bad to be workin there when you arnt being paid enough to wear the clothes you sell
February 26, 2008 @ 08:15 AM
lazylrx

so bape LA is actually opening?
February 26, 2008 @ 07:54 PM
golDIE

somehow i dont think thats a job that pays the bills.

the average employee makes less than 1% of what the company makes.

I doubt that's the case with BAPE though. I'm sure employees get a pretty decent salary. Could be totally wrong, though.
February 26, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
billcass

actually i heard on bapetalk2 that they dont get any discounts, and they said they dont even make a lot of money although im not sure how much "not a lot" is.
February 26, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
Black Forest

I'm suprised they're even opening hiring like that. Usually these high end boutiques are really insular in who they hire. It's like Supreme putting a "now hiring!" sign in the window.
February 26, 2008 @ 09:11 PM
Daddy Wellfare

It's like Supreme putting a "now hiring!" sign in the window.

ha. comedy!
February 27, 2008 @ 04:17 AM
Dorfmeister

it's most likely minimum wage with commission. Just like all the "high end" stores out there.
February 28, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
bloxheads

i need to get a job there ASAP
February 28, 2008 @ 01:34 AM
bloxheads

i have to get one, or im gonna kill every one i know.
February 28, 2008 @ 01:35 AM
bloxheads

fuck i need one.

i wish it was a bbc store tho.
February 28, 2008 @ 01:37 AM
bloxheads

if its no discounts fuck them.
February 28, 2008 @ 02:12 PM
Mc sushi

YOUR HIRE!

You can Thank me now or later by using RepCode: "N4E1" Karmaloop.com//Plndr.com.

February 28, 2008 @ 03:28 PM
camthraxFHK

I thought Bape workers just got flowed a few pieces every once in a while because they have to wear BAPE while working.

And is this shit for real? How did this link wind up here?
March 1, 2008 @ 11:08 PM
aquamonkie17

crazzyyyy... i would work there and hook my friends up sometimes....
seriously... and to know all the release dates / products early ould be useful
March 2, 2008 @ 09:11 AM
outlawzsm

Just sell the shit they give you, thats how you pay the bills.
March 2, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
Rogue Artist

Well I'm sure you have to wear their shit to work there, so they probably give you a small discount just to buy your "uniform", very doubtful that they pay very much, even high end designer labels only pay their employees descent wages, nothing great.

"Cool jobs" usually don't pay very much because its a cool place to work. I worked as an art director at a major record store, but because it was a "cool job" with free promos and concert tickets, it payed next to nothing.
March 8, 2008 @ 09:24 AM
line-one

yeah they could get tons of kids to work for minimum just cause its BAPE. I know a couple years back ambercombie got suied cause they required their employes to buy their uniform with ot discount
March 13, 2008 @ 02:26 AM
xxxchrisngoxxx

they probably get an allowance every season so they get free gear. bape in LA huh?
March 13, 2008 @ 05:02 AM
Evileg

i thought they have no discount and allowance at all..
March 13, 2008 @ 05:02 PM

Inactive

who cares....why work a retail job that you have to deny everyone all day

you got this in size 10?
nope
size 10.5
nope
size 9.5
lemme check.....nope

its the most depressing shit. answer the phones? its even worst!! deal with jerks all day thinking they hot shit. poor ass people that cant afford to buy or rich kids with their parents money. place is empty of customers and inventory mid season and a line of 400 people buyign to resell and makign more money than your minimum wage ass.

its the WORST RETAIL job you can get.

best case senario you get bless with a few pieces.....you have to rock bape at work....so you dont want to run it off work. you get a discount on shit you have to see and wear every day.

only only benefit is maybe seeing celebs. and the kinda celebs that buy bape personally and dont have their stylist buy it arent real celebs anyways.

--eric

prove me wrong.

PS get a real job....go to school, start your own shit. i rather you make a t shirt and hustle it than this. at least you get some skills doing so. or resell. learn a business learn a trade.....instead of getting rich kids a size 9 sneaker that your prob out of stock anyways
March 13, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
Phlipstar

who cares....why work a retail job that you have to deny everyone all day

you got this in size 10?
nope
size 10.5
nope
size 9.5
lemme check.....nope

its the most depressing shit. answer the phones? its even worst!! deal with jerks all day thinking they hot shit. poor ass people that cant afford to buy or rich kids with their parents money. place is empty of customers and inventory mid season and a line of 400 people buyign to resell and makign more money than your minimum wage ass.

its the WORST RETAIL job you can get.

best case senario you get bless with a few pieces.....you have to rock bape at work....so you dont want to run it off work. you get a discount on shit you have to see and wear every day.

only only benefit is maybe seeing celebs. and the kinda celebs that buy bape personally and dont have their stylist buy it arent real celebs anyways.

--eric

prove me wrong.

PS get a real job....go to school, start your own shit. i rather you make a t shirt and hustle it than this. at least you get some skills doing so. or resell. learn a business learn a trade.....instead of getting rich kids a size 9 sneaker that your prob out of stock anyways

any retail job is depressing as shit... who wants to fold clothes and count inventory for a living. But this has its perks... discounts, first dibs on items to resell... and best of all the ability to network yourself out there. You know many hookups you can get by hooking other people up?
March 15, 2008 @ 01:04 PM
hollermcdollar

^lol @ "network yourself out there."

bape is dumb anyway.
March 15, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
Advantage

^ someone give this man a job, 4 post commitment to how much he wants to work, now that's an employee any employer would want

I lol'd
March 15, 2008 @ 08:08 PM
Phlipstar

^lol @ "network yourself out there."

bape is dumb anyway.

Yes network, ever heard of it? It gets you ahead of life if you can do it successfully. And im pretty sure there will be more people that will try to "befriend" you if you worked at bape, where you can use them how ever you please, then if you were to work at the mall.
March 16, 2008 @ 01:24 PM
hollermcdollar

lol. newsflash: "bape" and "getting ahead in life" do not belong together, ever.

no one will ever get ahead in life by working for bape.... ever. networking in college, doing something with your life, that makes sense.

you might make lame, streetwear-wearing, sheep friends that will overpay you for your lame hoodies, yes. but you can find them anywhere. (peep ISS)
March 16, 2008 @ 05:09 PM
Phlipstar

lol. newsflash: "bape" and "getting ahead in life" do not belong together, ever.

no one will ever get ahead in life by working for bape.... ever. networking in college, doing something with your life, that makes sense.

you might make lame, streetwear-wearing, sheep friends that will overpay you for your lame hoodies, yes. but you can find them anywhere. (peep ISS)

Ok... i don't know if your misunderstanding me. Of course i would hate to make bape a career and would not reccommend it... retail is the fucking worst. But for that person in HS or in college right now looking for a part time, why not? I mean im going to college right now hopefully to one day be a CRNA while taking some classes on the side to become an EMT. But as of right now im working some bs job, working backroom at a department store i wouldn't even want to mention.... and yes i would take a "lame" bape job over this any day of the week as im sure ill be making around the same money plus the extra bucks i make flipping hoodies to ISS kids.

Please login first to reply.