December 26, 2007 @ 02:12 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

So, Derrick Barnes(my real name) age 16, has the most money I have had to myself in my short lifetime which is 490$. Very suprising amount since I was aiming for only 170$....

Now, I need to manage my money for my next cops/purchase, so I would like to put my fellow HB'ers in my position....

Basically, what would you get if you had 490$ or 500$ to spend?

I have decided on copping LP's the cool, Alicia Key's As I am, a hoody and 1 pair of denim from H&M....thet rest is still in my thought process...

That altogether will probably leave me with 394$...

Feedback. THX.
December 26, 2007 @ 02:15 PM

ok derrick..go into your closet and see what you are lack of. What you wear more often.
December 26, 2007 @ 02:34 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^Im thinking about getting another pair of shoes, either a pair of playoff 8 or chukka wtaps...I don't know between the two....

Playoffs is 144$ or is wtaps 75$ no ship.....

I already know Ima stock up on some tees....IDK, I some outer influence....

Oh yeah, Mr. Frankie Lymon is the name...
December 26, 2007 @ 03:03 PM

^that is actually very true.
December 26, 2007 @ 03:03 PM

Inactive

get the taps...cheaper and nicer than the playoffs
December 26, 2007 @ 03:12 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^Youngin, I was thinking that, but better than the playoffs....IDK...

thanks for the advice Kickapop.....

I do need a nice jacket....H&M?? good place since not so expensive....I was looking for a camo jacket though, Army surplus is best bet...

"Poor Dad, Rich Dad", Ima look that up...And Isse Miyake, I heard it is sweeet so you never know...
December 26, 2007 @ 03:57 PM
Dom

3. Swagger
this costs the most, i suggest you read Poor Dad, Rich Dad cuz after you do your whole world will start at that day.cool Or I can teach you the ways for a small fee.

my jewish friends dad gave that to my once holiday season years ago
December 26, 2007 @ 04:54 PM

Inactive

^Youngin, I was thinking that, but better than the playoffs....IDK...

thanks for the advice Kickapop.....

I do need a nice jacket....H&M?? good place since not so expensive....I was looking for a camo jacket though, Army surplus is best bet...

"Poor Dad, Rich Dad", Ima look that up...And Isse Miyake, I heard it is sweeet so you never know...

not better than the aquas, but yes, better than the playoffs imo
December 26, 2007 @ 05:15 PM
dtrader

1. take the music off your list. Download limewire (for free) and then download those albums (along with those recommended in the classic/slept on albums thread...for free).
2. Follow kicks advice and get a new cologne. I'd add jean paul gaultier to the contenders list.
3. Go ahead and get the new winter coat. It's end of the season sale time so deals are everywhere.
4. Forget the playoffs. You'll be able to find them for awhile, and later you might be able to trade for them and not spend anything. Check the for sale listings on ISS/NSB and get some cheap older heat that every kid at your school won't be wearing.
December 26, 2007 @ 06:44 PM
Piers

Step into your local American Apparel,

I just finished my christmas shopping, 350 dollars

all at aa, tees, sweaters, this sick red windbreaker,

Your money will go far in American Apparel!
December 26, 2007 @ 08:23 PM
dennisbroadway

here is my advice...

trust me, im almost twice your age...

i know about grown man b-i...

find ONE $490 tee, and cop it. even if its plain, cop it and put that hoe in the closet. NEVER WEAR IT... I mean c'mon, its a four hundred and ninety dollar tee shirt.
December 26, 2007 @ 09:59 PM

Inactive

On the cologne tip. It's really a personal thing that depends on your taste. Like some people love Aqua Di Gio but for me I get nauseated when I smell it. You should just go to the counter and test out some different scents and get something you like.

Personally, I like the new Tom Ford that dropped recently, but thats just me.
December 26, 2007 @ 10:42 PM

Inactive

^^watch out...kick is touchy about cologne
December 26, 2007 @ 10:59 PM
hiphopspaz

70% OFF CLOTHING @ KEEPITCLASSIC.COM

Attention guys and girls. Save up to 70% on over 125 items on Keepitclassic.com .

Check out all the marked down items from your favorite brands like,
ADAPT, JEEPNEY, PANIC, RHYMES, SCIFEN, SOY, TRIBAL, WILDSTYLE TECHNICIANS, EVOLVE UNIVERSAL, RELAX, LISTEN, METHODS NYC, & MORE.

www.keepitclassic.com/20suclsa.html

December 26, 2007 @ 11:23 PM

Inactive

ahh gotcha...and yeah while im not the biggest fan of it nowadays the girls do love issey
December 27, 2007 @ 12:50 AM
no0 v.2.0

the new self edge imperial denim.
December 27, 2007 @ 01:09 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^Naw, I aint ODin off denim until I get a job, and plus Im still learning about denim, how to take care of em and etc....So before I drop a couple bills on some denim, Ima gather as much info as possible...

Ima just chill with a pair of H&Ms and these DC jeans got for Christmas which stacks and fits oh so well(very suprising)..

Thx for the advice everyone....

Damn Hunter, you lucked out on that one, $10 for an M-65 but what the hell you doing all the way up in Frederick?....I want to go to Social Study, but that is a long ass ride...I thinking about just chillin out in DC for shirts(Cmonwealth, UATW in Gtown, Palacefive etc) or go out to Elite or cop some stuff on Karmaloop...

American Apparel, hmmm there's no stores currently in DC area I know of that carry it....So Ima have to check out the online selection...

Issey M, how do they usually run for?

And the playoffs, lol, no where in site, most are sold out I guess....So Wtaps probably are going to be my best.
December 27, 2007 @ 01:42 PM
the capo 2007

cop shit, that you like...
but no one else has...cool
December 28, 2007 @ 11:05 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Decided to pick up the Vans guts no glory Hi Blk/White off of Ebay for 110....

Is that too pricy?
December 31, 2007 @ 10:49 AM
ImperiusRex

theres an AA store in Downtown Silver Spring my man...
right up the street from Majestic Theater
December 31, 2007 @ 03:48 PM
Wu Dynasty

Definitely cop The Cool. Album of the year in my opinion.
December 31, 2007 @ 05:41 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^true

Oh yeah good look on the AA stores, I was just at Majestic a good month ago, surely Ima check it out this weekend...

Everything is in NW.....
December 31, 2007 @ 08:03 PM
localcitykid

damn *****.. 490??.. m0st def buy s0me bathing apes
December 31, 2007 @ 08:04 PM
localcitykid

It don't matter if you like it, as long as the ladies do. Issey has a 100% kill rate.

^ Not really, but I did an 11th grade paper on the seductive ingredients of colognes and actually had a pretty conclusive tests with various colognes and it came on top.

Dont listen to him.. you dont wanna wear the cologne of frat guys world wide
January 1, 2008 @ 01:42 AM
ImperiusRex

^true

Everything is in NW.....

CUAS ITS THE PLACE TA BE!!!!
UPT/Takoma Park FTW!!!!

lol, sry i had ta shout out my hood cool
January 1, 2008 @ 03:02 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^hmmm not to knock your "hood" but Takoma Park is not UPT nor does it classify as a "hood" but its nice to see fam in rep. the area.

But no BS, all the streetwear based stores are in NW.
January 1, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
e

the newest taps (006) ?
January 2, 2008 @ 12:56 AM
xxxchrisngoxxx

The 3 things a man needs in life regardless:

1. Good cologne arsenal
limit your choices to any POLO for a classic scent, Acqua de Gio, and Issey Miyake

2. Clean clothes
Get something that will last a decade and you can still wear

3. Swagger
this costs the most, i suggest you read Poor Dad, Rich Dad cuz after you do your whole world will start at that day.cool Or I can teach you the ways for a small fee.

A nice jacket can also add to swagger. Keep in mind though that nice doesn't equate to expensive. Think classic yet hip.

After you have fulfilled these 3 cardinal rules, save the rest cuz you know something great is bound to come out.

-Peace be with you.

The books actually called Rich Dad, Poor DAD. I had to read it for a business class....good stuff. You should defiantly cop that. Everything else he says is on point too.

P.S. Add Marc Jacob to the cologne list.
January 3, 2008 @ 01:10 AM
ImperiusRex

^hmmm not to knock your "hood" but Takoma Park is not UPT nor does it classify as a "hood" but its nice to see fam in rep. the area.

But no BS, all the streetwear based stores are in NW.

last time i checked Takoma Park was in NW. NW = UPT. UPT = UPTOWN. Therefore Takoma = UPT. lol, and dont get it twisted, ALOT of shit happens in the in SPC/TKP that ppl dont hear about cuas we dont air our shit out like that. I've lived everywhere from Benning Rd NE ta 16th st Adams Morgan so all of DC is my "hood"

but yeah, NW is the place ta shop. you might want ta just wait a lil while and hit up the Stussy flagship store when it opens this month. itz gonna be near commonwealth
January 4, 2008 @ 02:43 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

last time i checked Takoma Park was in NW. NW = UPT. UPT = UPTOWN. Therefore Takoma = UPT. lol, and dont get it twisted, ALOT of shit happens in the in SPC/TKP that ppl dont hear about cuas we dont air our shit out like that. I've lived everywhere from Benning Rd NE ta 16th st Adams Morgan so all of DC is my "hood"

but yeah, NW is the place ta shop. you might want ta just wait a lil while and hit up the Stussy flagship store when it opens this month. itz gonna be near commonwealth

Oh yeah I just was debating about Takoma park being in Md instead of DC...yeah your right but calling takoma park a hood is false, there's no hood bout that place. The entire NW isn't upt though, just along Georgia Ave's strip and the different areas that run of it.

I spend a lot of time DC since I go every 2 weeks to pops house but I am very more of a PG baby but yeah...

I may wait until the STussy store open up cause I surely wonna check it out, thanks

I need a jacket as well

As always appreicate the advice.

Please login first to reply.