Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 31, 2006 @ 01:03 PM
fiest

Been wondering for a while now on how these brands get New Era hats as part of their collection.

Is it the same process as getting blank garments from a manufacturer, like AA or something?

Or is it a process in which New Era x "Brand Name" are both involved in that specific aspect of the collection?

I guess what i'm saying is, how do you go about getting a fresh-ass New Era cap with your embroidered logo on it?

Thanks in advance...
May 31, 2006 @ 01:07 PM
sygyzy

New Era will print caps for anyone. You can go to them with money and ask.
May 31, 2006 @ 01:55 PM
fiest

so, basically New Era has nothing to do with the label, besides actually making the hatss. Desing/maerials/etc all are specified by the label, not New Era?

It makes sense. But i was just confused as to why people promote a new hat as being a "New Era x Label" if all New Era does is manufacure the hat.

Its funny, but in this instance why dont pepole tout "American Apparel x Label"???? if its basically the same thing.
May 31, 2006 @ 02:21 PM
inquirtyy

didnt you hear, new era bough supreme, undefeated, and all the other stores.

you're thinking too hard. new era just makes caps customade for companies.
same thing as baseball. yankees x new era.

you've been browsing too many ebay auctions. the x is just a promotional tool.
May 31, 2006 @ 02:41 PM

Inactive

u need at least 500 hats to start, u do the math, so it aint that easy to do..

unless ur also connected
May 31, 2006 @ 02:56 PM
sygyzy

so, basically New Era has nothing to do with the label, besides actually making the hatss. Desing/maerials/etc all are specified by the label, not New Era?

It makes sense. But i was just confused as to why people promote a new hat as being a "New Era x Label" if all New Era does is manufacure the hat.

Its funny, but in this instance why dont pepole tout "American Apparel x Label"???? if its basically the same thing.

Your question is a good one. Basically the x just means a collaboration. What's funny is that it's used nowadays as a marketing tool. Think about it. When Sean Jean releases a pair of pants, they probably come from the same downtown/Asian factory as most other manufactuers but they don't say Sean Jean x Chang's Denim of Brooklyn. Why? Because Chang isn't famous.

Since New Era is like the fitted cap manufacturer, companies want to team up with them. Alot of it also has to do with the fact that New Era's marketing department is moving them from a manufacturer (behind the scenes) to a real streetware brand with name recognition. Personally, I'd prefer they stay behind or at least a good inbetween like American Apparel. They have their own flagship stores and the owner is always in the spotlight, promoting his company. You'll see companies say " Printed on quaity American Apparel shirts" but you will never see Supreme x American Apparel, though that's basically what it is.

I don't think New Era has anything with the design aspect of the product except for possibly providing blueprints and dimensions and setting limitations on where and how designs can be laid down. New Era just makes caps.
May 31, 2006 @ 03:14 PM

Inactive

^good call

Ive been wondering why everyone always acts like New Era helped design the hats.
Im wearing my fruit of the loom x k mart special boxers right now. Comfiest collabo of 06
May 31, 2006 @ 03:26 PM
sygyzy

The rule is, from now on when you post in "What are you wearing today" you have to list all the collaborations.
May 31, 2006 @ 04:10 PM
fiest

yo sygyzy,

thanks a lot man. that really shed light on some stuff for me. I get it now.

peace
May 31, 2006 @ 04:23 PM

Inactive

I think you need more than 500 hats.

More of like 10,000
May 31, 2006 @ 06:53 PM
nextup85

Really you need 112 hats for your own custom logo, I know this girl that works for new era and thats what she told me...
June 1, 2006 @ 12:28 AM

Inactive

i thought it was 140. i went to a skateshop today. i think every skate brand has a new era hat. goliath, lakai, 4star,.... everyone!!!!!!overload to death.
October 4, 2007 @ 01:20 AM
nisco

New Era will print caps for anyone. You can go to them with money and ask.

thats not 100% true
October 4, 2007 @ 01:24 AM
nisco

i thought it was 140. i went to a skateshop today. i think every skate brand has a new era hat. goliath, lakai, 4star,.... everyone!!!!!!overload to death.

you think goliath is a skate shop?, as goliath in harlem, NY?
October 7, 2007 @ 03:02 AM
orkomunja

i went to new era. and they told me 2,500 hat minimum.
October 7, 2007 @ 10:57 AM
lazylilsnoop

hahahaha... every one's trying to make their own cap. what fun would it be if it isnt rare/authentic anymore?

most limited version comes in 144 caps... so i gues the min should be 140

Please login first to reply.