FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 23, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
ROC

They are fake because shouldn't they come with a box?, plus why shipped from China...oh dear.

I know that the Visvim factory is in China...as far as not having a box, I'm not sure why, but people sell Jordan's and Nike's that are real all the time without the box.
January 23, 2008 @ 11:53 AM
ClockworkJ

I think these bags are one of three things, factory overstock, bags that didnt pass visvims own qc checks for whatever reason (spelling mistakes on labels etc), or unofficial visvim bags (bags that were made in the same factoy using the same materials but without visvims own knowledge) so if they didnt go through visvim to official visvim dealers, they wouldnt have been given a visvim/f.i.l box.
If they are fake they are very good fakes, I dont think anyone can say for sure unless someone could compare it directly with the same bag bought from an official visvim dealer.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:23 PM
Raskol

visvim has OCD when it comes to quality. thats pretty much their mission statement. to make high quality, functional everyday pieces that last. thats why all their items have the best material and excellent construction. this means you shouldnt feel that the material is too thin somewhere or that the stitching is off somehow. it certainly shouldnt be misspelled. it might be like you say, that these particular bags didnt pass inspection but i really doubt visvim would go ahead and release a b-grade version that is subpar. if it doesnt pass inspection, it is most likely discarded.

im not sure where the visvim factory is located. i thought it was in korea, but assuming it is in china, you would never have a real visvim bag shipped directly from the factory. also, bridge is not an official visvim account. so they are somehow getting their visvim through the back door.

trust your first instinct. its not just one thing wrong with this bag. its many: the shady store, no box, shipped from china, misspelling, poor construction. too may things wrong for it to be coincidence. i listed even more inconsistencies with the visvim tags in that other thread. im sure if you compared it side by side to a real visvim backpack, you would find many more differences (ask that dude from hip if he can bring it in his pack so you can see for yourself).

all this means that it is definitely not an official visvim backpack. best case its a b-grade. worst its a fake.

you can keep it if you like, but it's not like you are getting a great deal on it either. 360 is a fair price. its more than japanese retail (especially for when these came out). shit, the ecats were selling at union for 380. these were never going for 600+ like that dude thinks. if i paid 100 i might consider keeping it. but 360, never. thats paying full price for a subpar/possible fake. complain to bridge. accuse them of selling fakes. get your money back. buy yourself a real one for the same amount.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:26 PM
Raskol

I think they may have gotten these from a retail door or VISVIM factory (similar to what goes on with Air-Randy and Jordan releases prior to them coming out in stores). I've never seen VISVIM knockoffs other than the CLOT x VISVIM Christo sandals and that was purely a hype thing IMO. I think if people are going to knock something off they'll do Jordan's and Air Force 1's before doing backpacks that are so detailed and intricate.

I've asked another friend whose very in with the Japanese streetwear brands and he said if it's a fake then even VISVIM wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I trust his opinion over a lot of people's and I'm happy with the backpack as it's been great thus far. A Mac laptop would certainly fit in either one I think, I have the 20 Pack and it's great.

there are lots of visvim fakes nowadays. just search ebay. visvim hype went out of control last year. fakers know this.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:29 PM
ClockworkJ

there are lots of visvim fakes nowadays. just search ebay. visvim hype went out of control last year. fakers know this.

I think Im going to contact bridge and see what they have to say, but I dont think theyll give me a refund unless I hassle them. Ill try though, cos I think I rather put my monety towards something I know to be legit. Well Ill see what they say before I dcide to keep it or not. Thanks for all your help.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:49 PM
Raskol

good choice. when you contact them, make sure that it comes across that you feel cheated. seriously, accuse them of selling fakes. and just general irresponsibility. they know their shit ain't legit. you can even threaten to contact visvim directly. visvim is actually surprisingly responsive. i remember some dude had a blowout on his fbts. sent that shit to visvim and they fixed it for him. ive also read of other dudes emailing visvim asking if a particular item was fake and actually getting a response from them. search sufu for how to contact visvim.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:55 PM
ClockworkJ

good choice. when you contact them, make sure that it comes across that you feel cheated. seriously, accuse them of selling fakes. and just general irresponsibility. they know their shit ain't legit. you can even threaten to contact visvim directly. visvim is actually surprisingly responsive. i remember some dude had a blowout on his fbts. sent that shit to visvim and they fixed it for him. ive also read of other dudes emailing visvim asking if a particular item was fake and actually getting a response from them. search sufu for how to contact visvim.

Yeah I saw those threads on sufu, crazy stuff actually getting a reply from hiroki himself. Anyway, Ive sent them a polite email to start with saying im not satisfied that is legit and that I would like to send the item back for a refund, we'll see what they say.
January 23, 2008 @ 05:32 PM
phelen

Hideout says its fake, it shouldn't come from China full stop.
January 23, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
ROC

Yeah I saw those threads on sufu, crazy stuff actually getting a reply from hiroki himself. Anyway, Ive sent them a polite email to start with saying im not satisfied that is legit and that I would like to send the item back for a refund, we'll see what they say.

You guys certainly seem to know what you're talking about, so I give you props for that. I've had multiple people look at the backpack and all have said that these aren't fake, but that's besides the point. When I ordered mine through Bridge they were quite courteous and replied to my emails in a short amount of time. Good luck.
January 24, 2008 @ 06:09 AM
ClockworkJ

You guys certainly seem to know what you're talking about, so I give you props for that. I've had multiple people look at the backpack and all have said that these aren't fake, but that's besides the point. When I ordered mine through Bridge they were quite courteous and replied to my emails in a short amount of time. Good luck.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bridge, Ive exchanged several emails with them and they are absolutely on the level and really nice guys. They say they are confident the bags are legit and that they have had union NY check them out, they also explained they have a partneship with a store in beiing, hence why they come from China. Basically, as far as Bridge are concened they are selling legit bags but I explained to them why I wasnt happy with the bag I recieved and they have accepted to refund me if I return the bag.
To cut a long stoy short, I dont really know what the deal with these bags is but I dont believe that Bridge would be selling them if they knew they were fake, they were very cool with me and we sorted the matter out between us so its all good.
January 25, 2008 @ 01:55 AM
UKingdom

dope bag but i don't like the bulky flaps that are supposed to wrap around your waist. not everyone wants to use this like a camping bag.
January 25, 2008 @ 02:39 AM
loxdupe

those are dope!
January 25, 2008 @ 04:24 AM
ClockworkJ

dope bag but i don't like the bulky flaps that are supposed to wrap around your waist. not everyone wants to use this like a camping bag.

Those are removable

Please login first to reply.