November 5, 2007 @ 05:00 PM
onlyonetime

so i was checking out the recent interview that format mag had with karmaloop's CEO and when he's asked about how crooks came about dropping their shit at the store, he mentions this:

"But it is not just Crooks some other ill brands like Mighty Healthy, aNYthing, CTRL, Lamar & Dauley, Diamond Supply, Rocksmith, XLarge, Fuct, Kilo Goods, Married to the Mob, Made Me and Rocksmith have dropped or will be dropping on the site this fall."

is this for real? i'm not too sure about some of these brands being on karmaloop, especially diamond. but i dunno, what do you guys think??
November 5, 2007 @ 05:17 PM
HB ruin mylife

why yall people hatin on Karmaloop anyways,,,,they're are exactly what all your "exclusive small boutiques" are...except they just been doing it ALOT longer ,,,so there for they are more noticable and recgonizable., and with that, they've made more money and are able to do more and better things,,,,yall should be lovin and thankin KL, most of you cant live without them......every boutique you go to strives for that.............they just giving the people what they want
November 5, 2007 @ 07:22 PM
onlyonetime

i'm not hating. i shop from KL all the time. i was just wondering what everyone thinks and since you're the only one that replied, thanks! haha.
November 5, 2007 @ 07:25 PM
-NegRepBandit

why yall people hatin on Karmaloop anyways,,,,they're are exactly what all your "exclusive small boutiques" are...except they just been doing it ALOT longer ,,,so there for they are more noticable and recgonizable., and with that, they've made more money and are able to do more and better things,,,,yall should be lovin and thankin KL, most of you cant live without them......every boutique you go to strives for that.............they just giving the people what they want

lol except our "small boutiques" have way better customer service.
November 5, 2007 @ 07:44 PM
HB ruin mylife

^^^well, thats because they have to....you agree? ..they have to try their hardest to compete, but KL has good service too........but then again,,,,people dont shop for customer service ,they shop for products
November 5, 2007 @ 08:21 PM

KL got decent customer service. I mean i waited a long to get my gift code approved. When it comes to returns and refunds. They do it quick.

Stop hating on KL..
November 5, 2007 @ 08:24 PM
Hyperbeast

yea, i got to agree, they got good customer service tho, really quick and shit, and good prices.
they getting big now tho, can't denied it.
except for that long wait for the points to be approved and that horrible e-mail alert service for that jason hoodie that din't work, as i never receivel a e-mail alert for it lol
November 5, 2007 @ 08:32 PM
The24th

so i was checking out the recent interview that format mag had with karmaloop's CEO and when he's asked about how crooks came about dropping their shit at the store, he mentions this:

"But it is not just Crooks some other ill brands like Mighty Healthy, aNYthing, CTRL, Lamar & Dauley, Diamond Supply, Rocksmith, XLarge, Fuct, Kilo Goods, Married to the Mob, Made Me and Rocksmith have dropped or will be dropping on the site this fall."

is this for real? i'm not too sure about some of these brands being on karmaloop, especially diamond. but i dunno, what do you guys think??

why do you say especially diamond??? thats the first brand i would think would be sold at karmaloop same with all the other shit....its all about the money dont you guys understand and karmaloop sells alot of shit so there you go .
November 5, 2007 @ 08:39 PM
HB ruin mylife

damnn hope they got all those brands,,,,got all these rep codes around here to use.
November 5, 2007 @ 09:31 PM
onlyonetime

why do you say especially diamond??? thats the first brand i would think would be sold at karmaloop same with all the other shit....its all about the money dont you guys understand and karmaloop sells alot of shit so there you go .

well cause diamond is all about exclusive drops and shit, so IMO i just feel that it's not their style to let such a well known webstore like KL sell their products. just a personal opinion, but i guess if it's about the money...then more power to them.
November 5, 2007 @ 09:46 PM

Inactive

i just wish their site didnt look so corny
November 5, 2007 @ 09:50 PM
HB ruin mylife

^^^yea thats damn true,,,,not the site itself,,,but the way they incorporate a brand's image into their model shoot,,,,which is okay, but they do it in hella corny way,,,,i wonder why Greedy genius is in their kazbah section
November 5, 2007 @ 11:27 PM
shotgunn1n

If they already sell the gr Diamond stuff at Zumiez, why should it even be a problem if Kloop carries it.
November 5, 2007 @ 11:31 PM
DJ Pwelbs

Karmaloop is a good way to expand and make more money. If a company doesn't care about its "street cred" you might as well use Karmaloop. Street Cred doesnt matter any more anway.
November 5, 2007 @ 11:57 PM
HB ruin mylife

trust me dude you will still be as cool and exclusive as you wanna be,,,, your average joe has never heard any of these brands
November 6, 2007 @ 12:06 AM
p2theda

ya'll act like karmaloop is like jimmy jazz.

i mention karmaloop to most people and they dont even know wtf im talkin about.

iv never had a problem with karmaloop..especially since i know someone who works there now.

but ya'll hate on them way too much..what other sites gives u 20% every order as long as u use a fresh email?
November 6, 2007 @ 08:35 AM
FreshAddict

yeah karmaloop has great marketing and karmaloop can help expand any company that comes to them
November 6, 2007 @ 11:26 AM
creep3

Shit i hope they start to carry those brands. I will be able to get so much free and discounted gear.
November 6, 2007 @ 11:42 AM

ya'll act like karmaloop is like jimmy jazz.

i mention karmaloop to most people and they dont even know wtf im talkin about.

iv never had a problem with karmaloop..especially since i know someone who works there now.

but ya'll hate on them way too much..what other sites gives u 20% every order as long as u use a fresh email?

so its new email the trick of re-using the code? thanks man
November 6, 2007 @ 12:47 PM
wallychamp

wow the Paid Bless fishscales shirt is in the interview! I heard theres less than 50 left.
November 6, 2007 @ 02:21 PM
DeNfAcTa

November 6, 2007 @ 03:43 PM
Citizen-16657

If Nick Diamond sells his line to Karmaloop so be it but the way I see it is Streetwear was built upon being uncorporate and niche, exclusive as you will and I have heard Nick is picky about who sells his line (this is all hear say but he likes to sell to mostly skate shops but their are always exceptions).

I personally think Crooks sold out for the big check, most companies gauge there success by how much they make such as a LRG or Artful Dodger yet some can contain there growth and keep there exclusivity by offering a premiere product at a higher then normal price point but the quality is worth the money.

Use Stussy as a for instance.....they became the sell outs and have now pulled there rains back in and yet they still sell to Karmaloop but you wont find everything that Stussy makes on Karmaloops pages and what will be found in a store wont be found there either.

This is the reason you don't see lines like, Maharishi, Neighborhood, Visvim, Stussy(still pretty exclusive), Original Fake, HUF, Addict, Supreme, Undftd and companies as such.

Also if you look at it this way it's is a fine line to stay exclusive, be profitable and build quality into your products. The easier battle is to become a mass production company and ride the wave while you can.

Think about it.....Whate happened to(and these examples do not only cover streetwear) Starter, Z cavarichi, Rockawear, Echo, Airwalk, Cross Colors......where are most of these companies now? Either in every store in the world, or being knocked off by sweatshops or out of business. Exclusivity is done correctly can make you a decent chunk of change (probably not as much as selling out) and still hold a demand for your product.

Also keep in mind Karmaloop is cashing in which is great for them but this will also create a backlash in this industry as to more people that don't want Karmaloop to sell there product because it devalues there name........do you really think LRG is gonna be banking forever? Every market has it's ups and downs. So if your a business minded person that wants to cash in on Streetwear before it goes to sleep for the next 10 years then follow there company profile and if not keep supporting the people that are interested in supporting the boutiques and not the Karmaloops of the world.

FYI Barneys was sold to the largest Investment firm out of DUBAI for 854 Million dollars and their #1 idea was to become the high end Streetwear and mens clothing retailer in the US. Also remember companies like Barneys have done so well because of companies like Karmaloop.

Karmaloop will become the Circuit City's of the world and Barneys will become the high end home audio/video Stores of the world.

It's like this you can either run a sprint or run a marathon. I personally would rather run a marathon.

Just my 2 cents.

Please login first to reply.