FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
November 8, 2007 @ 05:30 AM
Cipherman

I can't wait till he comes out with his new stuff...I'm not a fan of his crazy Devo-esque stuff...but I think he'll kill it with the womens...and come out with some crazy wicked stuff...and you know the fashion community will come out and support him
November 8, 2007 @ 08:06 AM
DUNCAN99

why do ppl on hypebeast like dior anyway? is it because kanye wears it? is it cause it's expensive/aspirational??? i see the appeal in the fit but when i c ppl on here saying "u aint gone hav no babby cuz dem jeenz is 2 tite!!!!" kinna calls that into question.

nah i followed dior before even making an hypebeast account
November 19, 2007 @ 04:40 PM
Hannibal

Did anyone peep the Wallpaper* issue Hedi co edited a couple months back? Tons of info and some super rad pull out posters...
November 22, 2007 @ 03:34 PM
DUNCAN99

Heidi Slimane x COMME des GAR
November 23, 2007 @ 05:14 PM
Hannibal

Heidi Slimane x COMME des GAR
November 27, 2007 @ 06:41 AM

Inactive

Did anyone peep the Wallpaper* issue Hedi co edited a couple months back? Tons of info and some super rad pull out posters...

that was their biggest issue since their 100th anniversary issue....
November 29, 2007 @ 12:18 PM
abstrakt

If it is different from the previous F-system projects, I won't differ much from it judging on the pictures.. And Hedi Slimane will not become a household name in the near future. He has been offered to become so but he refused to, at this moment he is very busy with his photography and musical interests, especially with the eye on perfect stranger that has been launched in Paris this week, with the biggest party Hedi has thrown in a long while. I will go down there around christmas (I live in Holland), and I'm very excited right now.. However I do not agree with the people who claim that Hedi can work for any brandname. Sure, literraly he can, but not every brand would suit him, nor give him the freedom he needs. Not to offend anyone in this thread, but I think gucci its style differs a lot from what he did at Dior, and since he would not be setting up a name like he did with Dior Homme, but just take things over from the than former designer (Tom Ford I believe), he just can't swap things around too much. As well as, there is a whole different culture around Gucci, essentialy there is a huge gap between French and Italian Couture, and I'm not quite sure if Italian fashion would suit Hedi...
I wouldn't like to see him work for Gucci anyway, I think Gucci has produced quite poor mens fashion over the past years.. And all foreigners overhere are wearing Gucci footwear to look succesful. Overhere, Gucci has really become a clear example of an expensive brand that people with too much money and too little sense of fashion buy..
November 29, 2007 @ 05:06 PM
Hannibal

^

Tom Ford left Gucci in 2004. But I disagree with what your saying. As creative director of any brand you make the brand in your vision. I mean, look at Tom Ford, he turned Gucci around and made it what it is today. Gucci was near bankrupt before he came around. Wherever Hedi goes, he will do what he always does, and move any house into any look and direction he sees fit.
November 29, 2007 @ 05:08 PM
nogi-drew

i thought they pretty muc hlet him do what he wanted, cept 4 the womenswear thing. not that i think its relevant. we'll see more soon.

dior and hedi confirmed that was the reason for the split.
December 7, 2007 @ 04:44 AM

Inactive

i heard he signed with gucci. anyone got more info on this?

That would be terrible, I still have the Tom Ford lenses on when I look at Gucci. Slimane and Gucci would not work.
December 26, 2007 @ 06:12 PM
dex653

heard hedi's going back to lvmh. maybe starting his own line.
December 27, 2007 @ 02:11 PM
ashtoncvsg

Hedi and LVMH are in contract talks about the possibility of giving him his own fashion house, but nothing is certain. He stated that he hopes to get back into fashion in 2008, but for it not to totally consume him like at Dior.

Please login first to reply.