Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 16, 2007 @ 02:28 AM
UKingdom

i have a 10 deep hoodie from last season that i always thought was one size too big on me. it's 100% cotton, so i'm thinking it should shrink; i only wore it once then put it in the closet. looking at it now, it's way too big. i've thought about maybe selling it or trying to shrink it intentionally by hot water hot dry inside out, but was wondering if anyone here had any experience. i saw the other thread about shrinking tshirts and was wondering if the same principles apply here, although hoodies tend to have a lot of other factors as well (metal zipper parts, etc), i'm not sure if after shrinking all the parts shrink uniformly and in ther right proportions. any advice would be appreciated.
October 16, 2007 @ 02:51 AM
-NegRepBandit

dont do it UK.

shrinking is not that hard, hot water would do it.

bbuuuutttttttt...

when u shrink sweatshirts with zips, fabric will shrink, but that same zip alignment would stay the same. ur gonna fuck it up dude. ull have that whole middle bulging.
October 17, 2007 @ 12:07 AM
DrHuxtable

Take it to the cleaners instead of using hot water to shrink it.
October 17, 2007 @ 12:57 AM
Nikephantom

ive shrunken a couple 100% cotton hoodies perfectly. well they ended up fitted the way i wanted. all i did was wash em in cold, then dry them on high until no part of the hoodie was wet.

i recently shrunk a kayo hoodie in size L (i guess they run big cuz i usually wear xl-xxl in hoodies cuz im tall). but this L kayo hoody was seriously huge, it was so long. so all i did was wash in cold, n dried it inside out.

the finished product was perfect. fit exactly the way i wanted it to.
October 17, 2007 @ 01:56 AM
shindo03

dont do it UK.

shrinking is not that hard, hot water would do it.

bbuuuutttttttt...

when u shrink sweatshirts with zips, fabric will shrink, but that same zip alignment would stay the same. ur gonna fuck it up dude. ull have that whole middle bulging.

He's sooooooooo right...... dont listen to anyone else...... cause the zipper is plastic and polyester it wont match up with the shrinkage of the fabric....and then you got the whole bulging and wavyness thing going with your hoody....
October 17, 2007 @ 05:11 PM
Razors Edge

Yeah, sell it, then save up for a new one.

The zipper is gonna be all fucked up, and then you're not gonna be able to sell it, do not listlen to any dumbass telling you to do it, becuase they obviosley don't know fabrics, or plastics for that matter.

Sell it, save up and buy a new one.
October 17, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
p2theda

i agree not to do it but..if people have done it sucessfully how can u say they dont know fabrics or plastics? it obviously worked to their liking..
October 17, 2007 @ 10:10 PM
emgee420

better off trying to sell it and get one in your size
October 17, 2007 @ 11:04 PM
shotgunn1n

agreed, trying to shrink it is just gonna get u nowhere
just sell it and buy a new one, or something better
October 17, 2007 @ 11:06 PM
Rimbauldi

Hoodies aren't meant to be shrunk.
October 18, 2007 @ 01:41 PM
-NegRepBandit

Hoodies aren't meant to be shrunk.

unless its a blank pullover
October 18, 2007 @ 01:51 PM
Geo89

Hey i thought i would just ask the question here nstead of opening up a new thread.How can i shrink a xl tee shirt down to a Large?Thanks in advance.
October 21, 2007 @ 08:19 PM
Razors Edge

realize that it will never shrink to an exact large, it will shrink, but ussually it shrinks to short to really be able to rock right. It becomes wider then it is long.

Please login first to reply.