April 24, 2006 @ 07:00 PM
bapeboricua

I had to cut up guys for a minute just to fit and hope that spots carried kicks in my size. shit has been ruff 4 a girl in this game trying to stay fresh, they just weren't makin it 4 us... the new emergence of female brands is dope ive seen married to the mob, brown babies and mama get the most press. i can def rock married tothe mob they keep it gully no-apology style, brown babies haven't seen any tees, have they even come out yet? is the product their asses hanging out of their skirts? But this mama shit... why is it on this site? if i wanted dime a dozen shirts i can go to dr.jays or marshalls, can we get some respect??? i havent seen any guy shit that corny on this site and it gets a free pass cuz its a chick? im all for girls doing there thing but if its trash its trash male or female, hypebeast you need to respect our gangsta!!

suckarepellent.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=131&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
(dr. jays!!!!)
April 24, 2006 @ 07:13 PM
danegerous

i'm making a girls line very shortly...problem is the few girls that would wear it are loud...so it seems like a lot of girls want it, but in reality, there isn't that many...
April 24, 2006 @ 07:31 PM
BSmoove201

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Those Shirts Are Hot And Offensive At The Same Time. I Like To See What Dane Stuff Is Going To Look Like.[/FONT]
April 24, 2006 @ 07:40 PM

Inactive

You ladies should really check out Mama Clothing. Gab and her crew are sick with it!!!
April 24, 2006 @ 07:50 PM
My Pal the Crook

What you posted are Gab's designs from I think over a year ago. The new Mama stuff seriously blew me away when i saw it. She really took her game to another level. The new stuff has not yet dropped and looks nothing like what they've done in the past.

Besides that, PAM, Silas & Stussy all make full girls lines as well.
April 24, 2006 @ 08:32 PM

Inactive

Hey Mike,

Yeah, I was chilling with her while peeping the new stuff at Magic and I'd have to say... she totally stepped up big time!
April 24, 2006 @ 08:59 PM
DrewDogg

hellz bellz! and married to the mob!
April 24, 2006 @ 09:43 PM

Inactive

MTTM rocks.

thats the shirt brownbabie$ made

better image here

like someone said there are a lot of cool girls brands out there. like silas, PAM (highly recommended), stussy, x-girl, hysteric glamour and a lot more.
April 24, 2006 @ 10:50 PM
KillaKate

Gabriella is one of the hardest working females in the industry, if not the hardest.She doesnt get "a free pass"..shes all over hypebeast because mad people respect her, both male and female.

You just aggrivated me.
April 25, 2006 @ 03:21 AM
Diamond

EH & Co. X Diamond Supply Co. Hoodie for girls.

Available sometime soon.... Yadadamean!

April 25, 2006 @ 03:39 AM

Inactive

Hahaha dang Nick... That is nuts!
April 25, 2006 @ 10:51 AM
DisoBAYish

yeah my girl lookin too cute in that hellz bellz shit i just copped for her
April 25, 2006 @ 12:52 PM

Inactive

for every 2 brands you see here theres like 10 for girls in japan. or guys/girls but that shits always tiny sizes anyways. damn my rotund figure. seriously, you need hysteric glamour.
April 25, 2006 @ 04:06 PM
anh

Thanks for publicizing our site on Hype Beast, we have already received almost 100 hits in the past 2 days from your whining post.
It's easy to hate when your just a spectator, or are you a designer too?

"But this mama shit... why is it on this site? if i wanted dime a dozen shirts i can go to dr.jays or marshalls, can we get some respect??? i havent seen any guy shit that corny on this site and it gets a free pass cuz its a chick? "

For the record I didn't feature Gabriella on the site just because she is a female, she got no free pass for that. She's featured on the site because her shit is hot, point blank, and she's making serious moves, not just posting on some message board straight hating.
\Get a hobby .
peace , Alexahttp://www.suckarepellent.com
April 25, 2006 @ 06:32 PM
bapeboricua

Since when has sharing your opinion become hating?!!!??? hating would be if that shit was fire and i called it trash. B, if u got hits off of my sharing my opinion, more power to you homie, (looks like u need it). It just seems like mad carbon copies are poppin up and they get as much love as the ones who r really bout it. I thought this site was for a different market, guess not, or maybe the game is just gettin mad diluted
April 25, 2006 @ 08:22 PM
KillaKate

What I dont get is, your saying all there are all these carbon copies of those who are really bout it..but your callin Mama a carbon copy? Of what? Out of like a 2 or 3 really credible female brands, G and mama are the furthest from a carbon copy.
April 25, 2006 @ 10:10 PM
nextup85

I dont think ol girl was hating , she was just saying there aint too many dope brands for females out in the streetwear tip, and thats true females invented this fashion shit and its time for yall to stunt in some other shit, fuck logo tees.

B, if u got hits off of my sharing my opinion, more power to you homie, (looks like u need it).
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well done, ;)
April 25, 2006 @ 10:11 PM

Inactive

Ya'll need to wait til Mama's new ish rolls out.
April 26, 2006 @ 03:00 PM
anh

Basically you can be apart of the problem
or part of the solution

I recommend you:

1. Starting your own publication and featuring female and male designers you think are really hot and keeping it whatever(in your def)

2. Start your own label and keep it hot, gully, or whatever you may call it.
\
(I'd love to do a feature on a woman who was disatisfied with what brands were out there, so she started her own)

Maybe you have enough drive and determination to do just that.?
Take a chance, put your self, and your time, and invest into something and watch it grow from nothing.

Or be a spectating consumer, we have enough of those.

We need more women starting their own businesses for women
and by women, whether it's in fashion, art, business, or whatever.

We also need more unity in the female community, females supporting eachother, this is included in real and forum worlds.
This site appears to be a good place for this.

Thanks for visiting our site, you obviously seem to know a bit about it if you feel, the MAma feature wasn't deserved amongst the other designers we have featured.

Gabriella has some new stuff coming out in the form of MISS, you should check it out, and peep her blog to watch how a indie label really goes down, it looks like hard work, but she obviously has love for what she does and alot of http://www.mamatheglamorouslife.blogspot.comsupport

There is also a brand called Mamasan? out in L.a. and one called Nopal that has some really nice looking graphic tees.
peace
http://www.suckarepellent.com
April 26, 2006 @ 11:30 PM
ice grillz

do BB$ make tees for guys?

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

April 27, 2006 @ 09:02 AM
conn

could someone post a list of online retailers that sell fine ladies' brands like married to the mob? thanks.
April 27, 2006 @ 09:15 AM
jaythestar

[QUOTE=conn
April 27, 2006 @ 03:02 PM
KillaKate

Basically you can be apart of the problem
or part of the solution

I couldnt have said it better myself

I think the streetwear scene for ladies is pretty under-par.I personally am not a fan of having JUST graphic or logo tees or whatever.Thats just not my steez.and I find that shit boring and a dime a dozen.This is why I too am trying to start my own thing with my homegirl.Its basically what I went to school for, and what Ive been planning to do for like the last 5 years of my life.And as much as I dont like the way this girl came in bashing my homegirl and her company mama, I do understand where she is coming from in the end as far as the whole scene is concerned, eventhough I think she could have gone about it in a whole different way.

There are companies out right now that I think are wack as fuck.But instead of talkin shit and lowering myself to that point, my goal is to show people whats really good as far as female brands go. and let them know not all female brands have to be about logo tees or whatever.

You cant talk about it, you gotta be about it...
April 27, 2006 @ 03:49 PM
sucia

4.27 shits official.....
there are plenty of whack brands getting mad attention
but those who are putting in the work will sooner or later get the recognition they deserve,
regardless of gender
there will always be good and bad
I like to think me and miss giovanna will be showing the dope part and let the others just continue to do their thing...
April 27, 2006 @ 07:25 PM
doodle

I'd say check out the new x-girl line up xgla at www.xgirlusa.com, tis looking good.
April 27, 2006 @ 08:16 PM
Facts

brown babies girls! wow.

Hellz Bellz line is dope

Mama is too!
May 14, 2006 @ 07:48 PM
sugarbooger

so, what are you gals wearing these days?
i find it very hard to believe that the only brands that would be considered "streetwear" for women are mama, bb$, mob, and hellz bellz.
May 14, 2006 @ 09:20 PM
Chad Jordan

Those four brands you mentioned are pretty much the only independent female run brands in this "scene." In terms of what's being considered here I think that's the defining factor. As far as male brands doing girl's pieces, Mishka has come out with some real fresh stuff in the past, and actually just dropped their Bear Mop Logo tee the other day for this season.

I do know a girl who bought an aNYthing logo tee and tailored it to fit her. That's dedication!

For the most part though most girls I know are rocking alot of American Apparel, big name skate/snow stuff like Stussy, We, Burton, Nikita... or just straight up random mall brands.
May 14, 2006 @ 09:25 PM

Inactive

I, personally, don't shop for any particular brand. I shop for fit, comfort and overall awesomeness. As far as t-shirts go, it's all about the artistical; anyone can print a logo or a couple of words on a shirt.
May 14, 2006 @ 10:50 PM
belladonna

i can't say what i wear...a brown baby jr. might steal my steel-o =x

Please login first to reply.