Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 16, 2007 @ 11:28 AM
PCook

The site is hatland.com

I have pictures to prove it (I have an authentic New Era on the left as a reference; the hatland.com cap is on the right). I called them on it and they said I could send the hat back but I'd still have to pay for shipping. I disputed this and they said I "have too much time on my hands." This is NO EXCUSE for selling FAKES.

ps I got a hat from them a few months ago and it was legit but this one is definitely a fake; I guess they have both. A friend of mine had a bad experience with them too.

i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/tops.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/stickers.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/insidetag.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/hologram.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/holes.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/flags.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/Crowns.jpg
February 16, 2007 @ 11:43 AM
Shes So Fly

I always heard they were legit *shrug*
February 16, 2007 @ 12:04 PM
SSBSTS

i ordered a hat from them something like 4 years ago that ended up being super shitty quality. it had the hologram so i never considered that it could be fake but it was definitely shitty compared to every other new era i've had. all floppy and whatnot.
February 16, 2007 @ 12:45 PM
1ahB

wow nice job cook, expose those hoes
February 16, 2007 @ 01:19 PM
JPhamBam

now thats a shitty hat...good job on informing
February 16, 2007 @ 01:26 PM
hypnotiq

ive bought a few from them.. my shits legit.
February 16, 2007 @ 01:32 PM
Piffman Champ

I've never ordered from them, but you also gotta be careful on ebay copping fitteds as well I'm always seeing fake Diplomats/Haze/Supreme/Huf/10 Deep fitteds from shady sellers.
February 16, 2007 @ 01:34 PM
owensA

ya they're the prolly one of, if not , the biggest new era seller on the net. Do u actually know if it's fake or is it just a crappy new era or a B-Grade as new era's are usually(or always? ) "handmade" and are thus prone to imperfections. I've never ordered from em but have heard nothing but good things otherwise, I mean there such a big new era dealer that new era stopped at their shop when they did that big nationwide tour last yr... odd. u ought to contact new era and get their verdict on the situation if possible
February 16, 2007 @ 02:38 PM
PCook

yeah I'm definitely aware that they're probably the biggest NE dealer next to Lids (that's why I ordered from them), but dude, you have no idea how shitty this thing is. There's a lot you can't see in the pictures (my cam isn't the greatest), but if it is a real New Era it's the shittiest one they've ever turned out.

my biggest problem though was how they were huge assholes about it. direct quote from the email they sent me:

"Please send your hat back and follow these instructions...We have
already informed New Era about you and we have sent them a copy of
your email so that they can see the types of people we rarely deal
with but there are always a few in a crowd...

New Era will be glad to know that they are producing fake hats...If
you reread your email, you will know that you have way too much time
on your hands...We sell HATS, we do not sell medications needed to
sustain life..."

come on, fuck these guys.
February 16, 2007 @ 02:41 PM
PCook

Yeah, I know they're probably the biggest New Era dealer online besides Lids (which is why I ordered from them), but seriously you have no idea how shitty this thing looks up close (my cam isn't the greatest). I've seen fakes before, and they were better than this.

I honestly think this goes beyond a couple human errors; it'd be ok if one or even two things was wrong with the cap, but man, it's EVERYTHING.

smart-assy customer service reps too.
February 16, 2007 @ 02:43 PM
Pedestrian252

Honestly man, I think you just copped a bad New Era bro, me and this Hatland cat have the same New Era sales rep and he is my reps top account. My opinon is to reach out to Hatland and ask for an exchange, i can assure you he is selling only legit products, i myself sell New Eras and sometimes man they come out like that. Sometimes you have to see if it was made domestic or imported. Imported New Eras in my opinion arent as high quality as the domestic ones. Reach out to the kid before you put him on blast for selling fake shit!

QUOTE=PCook60526;395677]The site is hatland.com

I have pictures to prove it (I have an authentic New Era on the left as a reference; the hatland.com cap is on the right). I called them on it and they said I could send the hat back but I'd still have to pay for shipping. I disputed this and they said I "have too much time on my hands." This is NO EXCUSE for selling FAKES.

ps I got a hat from them a few months ago and it was legit but this one is definitely a fake; I guess they have both. A friend of mine had a bad experience with them too.

i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/tops.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/stickers.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/insidetag.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/hologram.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/holes.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/flags.jpg
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/PCook60526/Crowns.jpg
February 16, 2007 @ 03:01 PM
bomber

Every new era I have ever bought has been a little off to be honest...I am not sure about their quality control in general.

That said, that one definitely seems to have some problems (fake or not). Good luck.
February 16, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
jdygoldstar

hey guys. we are hatland.com and we are the largest APPROVED online dealer of New Era hats. everyone reading this that has ordered from us knows that we have the largest variety and the best New Era caps available on the internet and they will usually receive their hats in only a couple days from when they order. we have even given this person's email to the New Era management so that they are aware of this customer. we have our returns policy posted on every page of the hatland.com website. if a customer is not satisfied for any reason with their hat, thay are always welcome to send the hat back for a refund or exchange. as everyone knows that has ever owned a New Era cap, each fitted hat will vary from hat to hat and size to size. the stitching on each hat will vary. all of their domestic custom hats produced in the United States are hand produced and therefore the stitching will vary from hat to hat. we have a NOTES section on the order page that will allow a customer to put any requests about their purchase. if a customer would like us to find them the best hat they have ordered in their size with the best stitching or the best sizing available, they may put this in the NOTES section BEFORE the order is placed.
February 16, 2007 @ 04:58 PM
PCook

if a site is selling fitteds where the quality is so shitty that it looks faker than "actual" fakes, that's THEIR fault, not the customer's, and if I care about the quality of the caps I wear, it doesn't mean I have "too much time on my hands."

direct quote from the email hatland sent me:

"We have already informed New Era about you and we have sent them a copy of your email so that they can see the types of people we rarely deal
with but there are always a few in a crowd...

sustain life..."

come on guys, if you're selling subpar products you gotta be prepared to take a little heat. didn't know I hit it THAT close to the nerve, haha. whatever.
February 16, 2007 @ 05:26 PM
magneticman

they're legit

and NE's are handstiched, there are some crap ones..
February 16, 2007 @ 05:38 PM
Tetris

You didn't even compare the same hat, hell not even the same design. You act like defects can't exsist.

Comeback when you have 5+ valid examples, hatland is one of the most legit hat sites online.
February 16, 2007 @ 05:41 PM
ackbar

so..
you realize you're completely wrong, right?
February 16, 2007 @ 05:50 PM
ink x dye 2

I bought from hatland a couple times, they were all legit, authentic, etc.
February 16, 2007 @ 05:54 PM
bomber

sustain life..."

They didn't really say that did they? No company could be that stupid...
February 16, 2007 @ 06:20 PM

Inactive

Thats a pretty shitty email if thats what they sent.

Then again, they shoudl aknowledge they sent out a shitty New Era and replace yours. And you should aknowledge thats not how you spot fakes!
February 16, 2007 @ 06:58 PM
Knolok

I've had a bad experience too, the hat I got wasn't good quality and the customer service sucked as well.

I'll never order from them again that's for sure.
February 16, 2007 @ 07:35 PM
owensA

alright so damn near every1 recognizez that hatland is legit, so u really out to be taking it up with New Era and not Hatland right, hatland isn't the manufacturer of the product and so if ur so outraged by the quality u prolly ought 2 be talking directly to the source, just as Nike is the 1 that refunds a shoe if it falls apart after an hour of wear (they give u voucer although u prolly can take it up with footlocker, foot action, etc). That's my opinion at least. And i've really never heard of a major retailer carrying both legit and counterfeit products, especially one as large as hatland, i could be wrong tho....

And if that email response u posted is verbatim, then yes that's rather unprofessional of Hatland but at the same time to provoke such a response did u send a comparably rude e-mail??
February 16, 2007 @ 09:30 PM
repda916

i think you just got a Stupid dumb and hyphy hat
February 16, 2007 @ 11:37 PM
Response

u should really investigate and get your facts straight and confirmed before you post up your opinions and assumptions on an internet site defaming a seller....not everything that comes out is up to quality control standards (even though it should be)....sometimes bad products leave the manufacturing floor.
February 17, 2007 @ 10:43 AM
bigsink

hahahahhaha what a thread hypebeast is incredible at times
February 17, 2007 @ 10:48 AM
entangledvyne

thankyou guys in reading this tread, somehow my whole past has fallen into place. and i can understand everything clearly now! fo realz
February 17, 2007 @ 10:49 AM

Inactive

New Era makes shitty quality caps ALOT of the time because they dont make them in the same place.
February 17, 2007 @ 10:57 AM
why write

well even if its not fake, hatland shouldn't be sending out half ass hats that are all fucked up looking(that is def not a good rep_).....

And that email they sent to you was very unproffesional...
February 17, 2007 @ 11:31 AM
THIEF

koo peeps over at hatland
February 17, 2007 @ 12:03 PM
magneticman

so..
you realize you're completely wrong, right?

pwnt

Please login first to reply.