Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 14, 2009 @ 10:09 PM
Scotiax

I was walking by the Hanon Shop in Aberdeen Scotland

When i saw these in the window.

didnt know how to take care of shoes at that time.
but hell, i loved them.

Must of been 2005 so not that long.
February 14, 2009 @ 10:11 PM
snuff_daddy

i put on a tee and some jeans...and some sneaks

and presto
February 14, 2009 @ 10:26 PM
Scotiax

i put on a tee and some jeans...and some sneaks

and presto

i bet your parents were soooo proud.
February 14, 2009 @ 11:34 PM
dvuuu

had a friend in jr year of h.s. who rocked some raw skulls and red authentics. i just thought that shit was so dope and recently got into it last summer.. he gave me his samurai's like two weeks ago, dang we must be bromosexuals.

too bad the north side of chicago is so unfashionable. the closest thing we have to hypebeasts are like hipsters and their fixies from logan/lincoln square
February 14, 2009 @ 11:36 PM
snuff_daddy

i bet your parents were soooo proud.

great post there
February 15, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
N.O. 4 life

in 06 i had wanted some high top sb dunks..somethin that not just anybody could get but my location limits me to shoppin online...my friend said go to hypebeast.com and look on the side theyre gonna have ads of legit stores...i cant recall the stores that had ads but i do know its like i got sucked in...before all i wore was roca wear top to bottom...then slowly i was brainwashed and now its just streetwear...the only thing i (might) buy from the mall clothes wise is some hoopin attire and polo stuff on sale
February 16, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
Mixfish

i got into it when i play skateboard .smile

www.soleawesome.com
February 16, 2009 @ 01:02 AM
Evolve

Yeah, about 4-5 years ago I got into Nike SBs.
From there I learned about the non-mainstream brands
February 16, 2009 @ 01:10 AM
flexi

i always wanted to dress fancier and flashy,
fitteds with matching shoes and what not.
Didn't have the money at the time, but then my neighbor started getting into it and kinda made me have the urge more then ever to buy more exclusive stuff.
Ever since i've had $ my closets been having less and less room.
February 16, 2009 @ 07:04 AM
JTAING

rapdancing rapscratching rapmusic and rapdrawing made me like streetwear.
February 16, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
clou

I was into skating and basketball when I was around 10. started skating in basketball shoes (no, not jordans, just some cheap shitty shoes) when I was about 12. I sucked at skating though and I had other sports so I quit, but I still wore the same shit (polo, vans, random baggy jeans, nike shoes, etc). When I was around 15 my friend introduced me to SBs...heard about the futura dunks and that got me interested into the whole graffiti thing...and some of my friends used to graffiti too. One of my friends showed me the main page of hypebeast and then like a year later i joined the forum.
February 16, 2009 @ 10:34 AM
FreshWang03

started off with baggy fits like 3 years ago, XL (now I usually wear Medium-Small). Played ball, my friend got me into Lrg, and then from there just started moving.
February 16, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
Scotiax

great post there

thanks!

i pride myself on great posts.
February 16, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
ClydeFrazier

friend took me to true in sf one day. i've been hooked since.

Melo Gang All Day

February 16, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
hatchofchi

[SIZE="5"]I was born this way.[/SIZE]
February 16, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
riceguyx

i was always into skating, hip hop, djing, and breakdancing, so getting exposed to street wear would kinda be inevitable.

but... i also wear wut i like, not necessarily wuts hot.... tho often times, the shit i like happens to be hot, which pisses me off coz people say im just goin with wuts "in". fuck it.
February 25, 2009 @ 02:41 AM
xkhol

About 2 years ago, I was taking a Japanese class and there was this one dude who usually wore side logo Supreme new eras. I asked him where got them and then I just kept going to the Supreme store in LA since then.
February 25, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
kbos

I was rocking a bunch of retro shit a few years back and i bumped into brands like rock smith and L&D. Looked up some good places to cop around boston and since then been shopping at places like bodegas, concepts, etc
February 25, 2009 @ 04:00 PM
bape_child

Me getting into the underground cluture was like a calling lol

When I was 12 i use to skateboard, and I was looking up skateboarding shoes nd shitt and I came across sb's. They were relativity new at that time I had just turned 12 which was march 2003. I don't know exactly when the sb brand started but i think it was sometime in 02. So i would always look up sb's cuz they looked cool to me different I liked them but couldn't afford them and didn't know where to get them other then the internet.

So i was on a group on myspace about skateboarding and some kid who wore sb's was talking about bape (summer 03) I looked up bape and I found alot of stuff that i liked but then I converted the yen into us and was lik wtf I could never, but i still followed the site downloading and tht shit everytime reading about the news and the new drops

Later, summer of 05 i was wit my cousins in NY
(I moved to baltimore when i was 10 and go to NY every summer)
and one of there bestfriends who I am still friends wit today
who I call my cousin as if he was apart of my family was deep in the underground dude
lik knew people who worked wit 10.deep and mishka and a few other brands
so I get all that stuff threw him for cheap and before
most sotres even get anything in stock from that season
I basically went around wit him alot learning alot making firends wit managers, such as Leo the OLD manager to Bape but now manages Union/Stussy (although stussy was recently shut down) still cool with him

and 06 when I was 15 i got a job through somebody that payed me 11.50 and hour starting, that's when I started buying alot of stuff I like Bape especially. I made a hypebeast account around this time but never used it cuz I was always on a bape forum. I still have that job I get 16 an hour (+ a lil hustle I do lol dont ask) I no longer like bape like I use to but It is still my favorite brand in the sense of if yu look at everything they did in comparison to any other brand who is fuckin wit them, i realized that when I went thru the anniversary book

but thats my story
February 25, 2009 @ 04:10 PM
brewski

Back in 06 I tried a pair of SBs and ever since then i kinda looked for cooler models and whatnot
February 25, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
REESOKOOLE

A shop opened near me called The Candy Store, went in there once didn't think much of it, then one day on myself i went in there again and brought a 'Second Son' T-shirt, and been interested since.
February 25, 2009 @ 09:31 PM
estoybien

nike sb -> iss -> hb
February 27, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
debs 168

saw a dude at my school in like 04 with a pair of hunters on. after that i knew i had to have a pair too. didn't ask the dude what kind of sneakers he had on...searched for them on the net by looking up nike and finding things that looked similar. came across pickyourshoes.com

saw the hunters on there. saw the price, haha.

...go them and have been hooked since then. once i got hunters, i had to get more and more stuff, so..

nike sb -> iss -> hb

this. except i registered for these sites in this order, iirc

nt > iss > hypebeast > crooked tongues > bapetalk > bapetalk2 > mynudies > strictly supreme

i might be missing a forum. oh; weak ass nsb.
February 27, 2009 @ 05:49 PM
AbDizzy

I put my t-shirt on. No but really I've been rocking street wear since Kani was the bomb.
March 1, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
ZachBlack44

I quit skateboarding a while back and i wanted to startup again so while brosing the web and i seen a supreme board and did some research.
March 1, 2009 @ 02:19 PM
closetm0nster

nike sb -> iss -> hb

same same
March 1, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
todrunk2walk

skateboarding.

co-sign
March 1, 2009 @ 02:24 PM
ZachBlack44

A shop opened near me called The Candy Store, went in there once didn't think much of it, then one day on myself i went in there again and brought a 'Second Son' T-shirt, and been interested since.

Second son is the shit...good thing its sold close to me in the US
March 1, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
AbDizzy

Second son is the shit...good thing its sold close to me in the US

They have second son in the US I thought it was an exclusive UK thing anyways their jeans are the bomb
March 1, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
Tommy Boy

Some of my mates dissed my attire and now I steady beast them.

Please login first to reply.