FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
December 4, 2006 @ 02:16 PM
truses

supreme & y-3
My Unc brought me two supreme tees home from NYC in the mid 90's cuz he said skateboarders rocked it. I used to get ragged for rockin my supreme shirts in the hood. Then again skatin wasn't all that cool for a young brother either. Then I lost interest until...like 02 when my aunt told me about her visit to the Y-3 showroom and brought me back some hoodies (which I still rock) and it has been on and poppin ever since. Damn I should write a book!

peace peace peace
December 4, 2006 @ 11:24 PM
fudatskee

I was wearing gap/Abercrombie/Hollister for a long time when I spotted these kids at the mall rocking fitted New Eras, baggy jeans, hoodies, and bapes. I thought it was a fresh look so I started googlin streetwear. Now, I'm all about the Hundreds, C&C, and Ten Deep. I don't even skate but I accessorize w/a skateboard.....chics really dig my lifestyle.
December 4, 2006 @ 11:52 PM
freshbook

I was wearing gap/Abercrombie/Hollister for a long time when I spotted these kids at the mall rocking fitted New Eras, baggy jeans, hoodies, and bapes. I thought it was a fresh look so I started googlin streetwear. Now, I'm all about the Hundreds, C&C, and Ten Deep. I don't even skate but I accessorize w/a skateboard.....chics really dig my lifestyle.

I THINK THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?
December 5, 2006 @ 12:05 AM
mackelface

I THINK THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?

Yes you idiot, how can you even ask that? Get educated, dunce.
December 5, 2006 @ 05:22 AM
profecy

I got into it through L-R-G, ya they are mainstream but they havent really sold out. Through looking for online shops or shops that would carry L-R-G i stumbled onto the stores carrying(triumvir, mighty healthy, upper playground, the hundreds, etc) and started looking up more info through sites and mags
December 5, 2006 @ 09:34 AM
FACE

it consists of what i love....shirts w/ ill graphics that fit, nice jeans and sneaks since i'm a shoe head

Orlando, FL. OG as fuck.

December 5, 2006 @ 12:48 PM
tommyroks

streetwear is just part of what i like. I am into the whole fashion game.
December 5, 2006 @ 01:13 PM
unltd.

Dudes started talking about it a fashion forum I mod, got curious and started looking around. I don't really wear any of the brands associated with it as of yet really, but I appreciate some of the style & culture.
December 5, 2006 @ 02:04 PM
embark

think ive been rocking street wear for a long long time. ive been wearing nike sine birth.. for some reason my mom always had this bias for nike. Even when i first started working and copped a pair of converses she beefed like those look ugly and theyre going to kill your feet. plus my second job was with nike so ive always been loyal. When it comes it comes to other brands, ive started with pnb, too black guys, and good helping of 40 acres and mule (spike is froom my hood and i had the hook up at his store) and Karl Kani (i know...). I actually started moving Away from streetwear late in hs because the brands went through a little lul. But my older cusin is pretty deep in the Ol skool Lo-Life scene and the skating scene so I never lost the love, but I just starting experimenting with other brands and since providence was THE WORST place to shop in the late 90s and early 2000s i stopped shopping. when I came back from college in 02, I started going to norte (the old store) like every week for sneakers and found recon (right next door). I loved all the clothes they had there and and started copping alot of the other brands they only had in their store (Futura, some Bape, Nike white label) And then lo and behold.. about 2 years later the scene BLEW THE FUCK UP.
December 5, 2006 @ 05:53 PM
truses

oh snap!!!
^^^does anyone else here remember the lo-life heads??? and the polo & columbia boosters oh my god! memories for real.
December 5, 2006 @ 06:01 PM
sherman_vu

i think i got into street wear stumbling upon this site looking for a sick hoodie for my bday and till this day im hooked on it..
December 7, 2006 @ 12:33 PM
neutral

back when i graduated from high school in 2000. things progressed from me rocking iceberg joints, platinum fubu, and others then it progressed. I got tired of buying white air forces everytime then i started looking around and started buying terminators and dunks for $30.00 in urban outfitters ( a shame uh). but back then in houston i didn't realize anything about streetwear or anything, i was just into different colors and stuff. Then i started buying lacoste when the store opened up. Then diesel jeans and paper denims ( hate em now). but you get the picture, it was just a subconcious progression that led me to joints like comme des garcons play, undftd and other pieces. Hype didn't do it for me. I just did me
December 7, 2006 @ 02:35 PM
Kurt Hustle

Not exactly sure, yet here I am. God damn streetwear.
December 7, 2006 @ 03:20 PM
1ahB

I saw Kanye wearing the Dead Serious and I knew from then on that this is what I need to be into to get girls. cool
December 7, 2006 @ 03:21 PM
1ahB

sarcasm @ dictionary.com
December 7, 2006 @ 03:46 PM

Inactive

bad jokes @ hypebeast.com

took a trip all over taiwan last year and became friends with this guy wearing a supreme boxcap. i had been into skating before but had never even heard of supreme. i wasn't into supreme's aesthetic at first but was more attracted to the wild color schemes of bape.

since then i've gotten over the fruity colors but i still like bape quite a bit. i've been getting more and more into supreme everytime i visit the store to pickup a cap. now i have too damn many hats. but besides supreme, im still mostly into the asian stuff.
December 7, 2006 @ 03:57 PM
chris dibiase

in middle school & high school, i used to rock lrg and stussy shit all the time. dont know why, just the designs were always appealing to me. i guess those 2 brands were my starter kit. i was raised in hawaii and used to see japanese tourist rock that bape shit years ago but never really thought anything of it back then, neither do i now. never really got that deep into it till maybe 2-3yrs ago. digigrav really from what i remember gave me access to more independent brands tho which was cool. as far as shoes, i always was on the that nike/jordan shit.
December 7, 2006 @ 04:23 PM
BruhMan

I have 2 older brothers that got me into streetwear. They were always wearing different shit than everyone else. And they always got so much attention when we would be out. Its just something about wearing shit that no one else is wearing. Makes me feel exclusive.
February 14, 2007 @ 01:53 AM
Frank_White

I stumbled onto thegiantpeach while searching for something. That led me to workmens, dg, etc... I've been hooked ever since
February 14, 2007 @ 02:14 AM
slsk

Just wanting to be a trendsetter. I was wearing Diesel and Paul Frank in middle school, when kids were rocking GAP and A & F. If I could only spend a certain amount of dough on a tee when I was a kid, I'd buy the one for 30 bucks instead of 3 different ones for 40. It was always about quality instead of quanity. Shopping online was great for me too, because I had access to such products that I could never imagine. Pretty soon, I was just aksing for my moms credit card and a budget for birthday and christmas gifts. The media played a big part when I was younger and it was just a natural shift, especially watching rap videos and so on. I think anyone whos a beast, just had a natural pull towards it anyway and would eventually end up there.
February 14, 2007 @ 02:56 AM
DimDimsum

Saw people rock Bape Years ago... Couldn't find it anywhere in the UK till Bape Store Opened... The quest to find Bape pretty much got me into Streetwear..

But till this day i've still to purchase BAPE to wear myself :p..
February 14, 2007 @ 03:09 AM
miucus

about 5 yrs ago, got my first pair of air force 1's when i went to japan. wen i went bak to the states, everyone was like danmmm ive never seen that colorway before. i started getting more into shoes. and then looking for clothes to go with the shoes. and it went of from there
February 14, 2007 @ 06:05 AM
imsohappy

oh please the term 'streetwear' was created by the media we dress the way we dress because we like it, other people will appreciate it and sometimes to show off to other people what we got.
February 14, 2007 @ 06:27 AM
magneticman

I think I was looking for jordans and I found hypebeast I think..

Stussy was the first brand I got into but honestly dont remember how...
February 14, 2007 @ 08:18 AM
Tiffany Chan

sure, with your starship enterprise most definitely
February 14, 2007 @ 08:40 AM
why write

decided to wander off canal street and stumbled upon a few stores then did some research.
February 14, 2007 @ 09:13 AM
xklusivez

I was always into clothing even as a child..when i was in grade 8 i started goin to drjays.com and all the other sites out there, going on any fashion forums i found..just stayed in tune with things i guess..i was also obsessed with the beauty of kicks..and when LRG was new I was really into, started copping small amounts of clothing at that time and i was always looking for exclusive pieces..and now im 17 turnin 18 soon still in this fashion thing..i love it
February 14, 2007 @ 09:31 AM
RayRock

I was a little skate rat in the late 80's through the 90's

I rocked:

Vision Street Wear, Jordan I's and on, Stussy, etc.

I can't stand Stussy now though, makes me feel like a 10 year old

I went to the Stussy store in LA and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything

Listened to Hip Hop my entire life it seems...

I guess thats where it started.
February 14, 2007 @ 11:19 AM
tommyroks

thread is still alive!
February 14, 2007 @ 11:40 AM
1ahB

used to wear a bunch of Mixwell, ESDJco, all the DJ created brands since I spin. than eventually started wearing some LRG and stussy. fell farther into the rabbits hole from there.

Please login first to reply.