May 29, 2013 @ 12:33 AM
masterjona

I am going to start screen printing my own shirts and I am wondering if you guys have any tips
May 29, 2013 @ 11:42 AM
kumasiii

what's your your set up & experience with it?

one thing i can say tho is don't let yourself get frustrated or discouraged easily, it takes a lot of time and experimentation to get good at. do not expect to just have the equipment and be able to dive in and start making quality prints

also there are forums dedicated specifically to screen printing, they'd probably be more helpful than hb
May 30, 2013 @ 12:07 AM
masterjona

what's your your set up & experience with it?

one thing i can say tho is don't let yourself get frustrated or discouraged easily, it takes a lot of time and experimentation to get good at. do not expect to just have the equipment and be able to dive in and start making quality prints

also there are forums dedicated specifically to screen printing, they'd probably be more helpful than hb
Word thanks a lot man
May 30, 2013 @ 02:55 AM
Elusive

Word. A quick google search will turn up with a lot of methods and techniques.. Also check out YouTube for tutorial videos, you will learn a lot.

But as he was saying. You will get a lot more from hands on experience than anything else. You'll encounter a lot of issues from registration to ink application, but you will learn from trial and error. 

Be prepared to throw away a lot of tees, have a lot of old tees on hand so you can experiment and test methods/pressures and such. 

Best of luck to ya.

196 Jackson St. San Jose, CA www.elusiveca.com

May 30, 2013 @ 04:40 PM
masterjona

Word. A quick google search will turn up with a lot of methods and techniques.. Also check out YouTube for tutorial videos, you will learn a lot.

But as he was saying. You will get a lot more from hands on experience than anything else. You'll encounter a lot of issues from registration to ink application, but you will learn from trial and error. 

Be prepared to throw away a lot of tees, have a lot of old tees on hand so you can experiment and test methods/pressures and such. 

Best of luck to ya.
Thanks man!
August 12, 2014 @ 04:57 AM
urbanmonument

It's funny I started screen printing back in the day because I wanted to start a clothing line. Look at me now, no clothing line, but a full blown Custom Screen Print Shop.

If I were you I would start with water based ink because you can air dry the print.

also start print on light colored garments. when you get the hang of water based ink then you can move onto printing white ink on black shirts,

White ink is what drives most new printers crazy, but its is really simple, the trick is making sure your pallets have enough tack to hold the shirt down. Make a print, flash cure the print, then let the print cool and print a second time.

Visit the Monument Limited website for a full rundown on the printing process from an actual screen printing shop.
August 14, 2014 @ 10:25 AM
terryduran2014

Screen printing is very suitable for your shirts.Screen printing is nice and it give more attraction.You can select suitable  matching colour.Extra resources are available on the  internet and the tips also available.

Please login first to reply.