May 9, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
twocommakidbrand

We have all seen Pyrex venturing into printing on flannels.

I think it is an interesting idea and am considering experimenting with the concept in some of our up coming products.
If you saw a printed flannel piece will a solid graphic that wasn't $500 would you be into it?

www.2CommaKid.com

May 9, 2013 @ 04:36 AM
NZOO

Don't badmind me.

May 9, 2013 @ 04:58 AM
Youthful313

If you can make it work at a good price point try it out. Either way anyone who's paying attention to trends will immediately compare it to Pyrex and call it off brand. 

www.legion-goods.com

May 9, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
cityofsavages

If you can make it work at a good price point try it out. Either way anyone who's paying attention to trends will immediately compare it to Pyrex and call it off brand. 
Right, also screenprinting on any type of design on flannel also takes away from tthe simplistic, rustic aesthetic that a flannel represents. Pyrex got away with it but I doubt you'll find much success duplicating it. Consider embroidering or applying some cool patches to some flannels if you're married to the idea of using them. That may go over better than screen printing.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

May 9, 2013 @ 07:04 AM
noonecares

pyrex sucks tho. @pissonthe_world
May 9, 2013 @ 07:48 AM
Youthful313

The Polo Rugby flannels Pyrex used are actually nice flannels. It's just crazy that Pyrex bought them on wholesale sale prices, took off the tags, screen printed them ,and charged $500 a piece. 

$24- Polo Rugby Flannel
$8- screen printing (this is a estimate on the high side) 
=$32 

Sold for $500 a piece. Super duper rape price. $200 would have been rape price. $500 was just disrespectful and greedy but fuckbois still bought into it. smh. 

www.legion-goods.com

May 9, 2013 @ 01:53 PM
yippeekifyayMF

Not something I'll wear. Flannel shirts are meant to be chill and relaxed, this just makes them look tryhard.
May 9, 2013 @ 04:35 PM
Bobby

I think it makes it look cheap like something from the H&M child department.
May 14, 2013 @ 04:14 PM
twocommakidbrand

Thanks for the all the responses.
Looks like the consensus is Pyrex has pretty much commanded the printed flannel. Disappointing. Think it could have been a cool idea if it didn't have such a negative association due to price. Still thinking of innovative ways to work with a flannel that hasn't been done before. Perhaps changing up the fabric patterns?

Or drawing something original out of the mixed flannel shirts with different color sleeves and pockets from the body of the shirt potentially moving away from the traditional buffalo print/ plaid designs?

Really trying not to draw off anything already out there and stay original. Any comments with ideas, concepts or things you have seen and liked are welcome!

www.2CommaKid.com

May 14, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
jamesjebbia

you can't make it work because everyone will just assume it's a pyrex knockoff 
May 14, 2013 @ 06:14 PM
twocommakidbrand

From previous comments I have decided not to print on flannel. The last comment I posted was just with regard to flannels in general. No printing.

www.2CommaKid.com

June 18, 2014 @ 01:51 AM
josueestrada64

pyrex is a fucken joke of a brand 
June 18, 2014 @ 01:52 AM
josueestrada64

i'd still print on a flannel fuck pyrex, straight garbage

Please login first to reply.