Supreme is unfairly suing Married to the MOB

May 08, 2013 @ 15:04:37 PM

^ As much as I like Supreme, I don't completely understand the point of singling out one specific brand and suing them for something that a lot of brands have been doing for years now. It's not like they own the rights to the box logo anyways...
O.K. to put it in simple terms for you guys, supreme isnt suing because MTTM used a box logo. If MTTM made a shirt called "MTTM bitch" they would not be getting sued because Supreme would have no case against them. the difference between MTTM and countless of other supreme rips is MTTM isnt using her clothes to make a simple joke or make a "statement". She using supreme success as a way to make her brand more successful There are already countless of people out there who know of supreme but doesnt know where to buy it. If MTTM is allowed to copyright "supreme bitch", they are stealing away hundreds of potential supreme buyers. Imagine if you were James Jebbia and knew you were losing millions of potential buyers because another brand is allowed to sell your gear in stores like zumies, forever 21, or hot topic. You would be pissed too. 

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

May 10, 2013 @ 07:38:01 AM
It is what it is....

Looking for: Nike Lunar Woven Chukka+ "Multicolor" Sz 12 Nike Lunar Rejuven8 Mid FCRB Sz 12 or 13

May 10, 2013 @ 09:33:33 AM

^ As much as I like Supreme, I don't completely understand the point of singling out one specific brand and suing them for something that a lot of brands have been doing for years now. It's not like they own the rights to the box logo anyways...
O.K. to put it in simple terms for you guys, supreme isnt suing because MTTM used a box logo. If MTTM made a shirt called "MTTM bitch" they would not be getting sued because Supreme would have no case against them. the difference between MTTM and countless of other supreme rips is MTTM isnt using her clothes to make a simple joke or make a "statement". She using supreme success as a way to make her brand more successful There are already countless of people out there who know of supreme but doesnt know where to buy it. If MTTM is allowed to copyright "supreme bitch", they are stealing away hundreds of potential supreme buyers. Imagine if you were James Jebbia and knew you were losing millions of potential buyers because another brand is allowed to sell your gear in stores like zumies, forever 21, or hot topic. You would be pissed too. 
True.  More of a business move than a claim of artistic injustice because he doesnt want MTTM to become known as the womens version of Supreme or as a knock-off of Supreme, both of which cost him money.  I think he's just flexing with this suit.  Probably be settled out of court though
May 10, 2013 @ 12:29:18 PM
Surely the fact that they had verbal consent form Supreme's owner would make this whole thing void?
Please login first to reply.
x