March 28, 2013 @ 12:15 PM
lewisthomas04

I've been thinking a whole lot lately. The large majority of upcoming brands i see lately are only in the game for one thing, money. I'm not criticizing money as it obviously holds a large motivational pull and is important. But to the extent where each brand replicates each other, the endless sticker motifs and animal prints just to sell a product. Looking back it kind of makes me miss the days where brands stood and meant something, where each tee or jacket symbolized a way of life.The feeling maybe The Hundreds or Stussy used to bring, the ideals of freedom and a sense of openness these brands used to bring. Take a brand like Award Tour as an example, the brand stood for a way of life, the hype it managed to create by the little touches. The one to one readership, combined with hand written parcels the brand created something which many other massively successful brands haven't. A sense of belonging, no ordinary brand can do that. The brands that do aren't massively interested in the money, they want to create something, not just a product, but a lifestyle. I miss that, nowadays the marketplace is flooded with brands without souls and really it makes me think are we really experiencing the death of fashion? O am i just a lost soul living in the past?

Young Columnist, Follow On Twitter @Lewis_Thomas_

March 28, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
alisanity

There are brands out there. They are just really small and probably not getting the attention they deserve. With money you get exposure, which personable brands cannot afford, and probably die out...  

"See Differently"

March 29, 2013 @ 05:19 PM
Fly MigoBankroll

suspended

Streetwear is definatly oversaturated

Please login first to reply.