Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 28, 2013 @ 06:07 AM
finnahfabulous

Particularly I just wanna hear your guys take on which type of style you favor.

In my opinion, I favor menswear due to stability and loving affection like a pair of leather dress shoes and a navy blazer can have on a man. I also feel that streetwear a bit too feminine, by that I really mean thats streetwear is basically derived on whats popping or whats the latest shit kanye or rocky have been wearing rather than menswear where it has cult classic shit that are just staples.
March 28, 2013 @ 01:18 PM
mproc

You're on a streetwear website so I really hope you don't expect to get an unbiased opinion.
March 28, 2013 @ 04:47 PM
Reikwon

Unless you can honestly tell me you were heavily into DB blazers, tassle loafers, or knit ties 2 years ago, the idea of menswear is purely a trend. Not to knock on you, but I see this all the time in my line of work. I know guys who are extremely into "menswear", but just a year ago they were into Stussy and Supreme. All of a sudden they're all fashion experts who are constantly advising their guy friends to invest in "staple pieces" like a blazer or a pair of leather wingtips. I mean, you're right, they are staples and every guy should have them in their wardrobe, but to knock on streetwear and frown upon people who prefer that style is so stupid to me.

To say streetwear is derived from whats currently popular isn't completely out of the picture, but menswear is exactly the same. That's just fashion for you. You mention Kanye and Rocky, well there's Nick Wooster. Wooster is like GOD to menswear enthusiasts. Whatever he wears is considered hot, just like how streetwear cats look up to Kanye's fits.

At the end of it all, it's all fashion. Shit is revolving all the time. Have some originality when you're picking out your clothes. Have some fun while you're at it. Who cares if it's menswear or streetwear, as long as that shit fits on you properly and it looks good, cop it.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

March 28, 2013 @ 09:19 PM
HWYS - Joey

Lookatmeism at its finest!

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 29, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
jacobsever

Niether. I just prefer Ivy League/Preppy styles. (one could argue that is menswear, but I disagree. I don't like and of Wooster's outfits)

March 29, 2013 @ 06:26 AM
Benchwarmer

Both.

Dressing well is knowing what to wear in any given situation. You can't wear a blazer to everything and you can't wear box logos to everything either. Gotta be versatile.
March 29, 2013 @ 07:17 AM
primez

A mix of them both would be nice, too.
March 30, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
loteq

Looking at his outfit objectively, you can't tell me that shit isn't fly.

I still prefer streetwear op.
March 30, 2013 @ 01:07 AM
cheyaaa

men wear gets the women. streetwear gets the girls

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

March 30, 2013 @ 01:30 AM
adoboFosho

men wear gets the women. streetwear gets the girls
not really, this guy gets the men

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

March 30, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
benouah

I always adjust my style according to the places I go and people I met.
For work I will be more menswear/preppy style and will be more streetwear on weekends.
However when I see guys over 30 wearing Supreme/Vans/Skinny tapered jeans I find this a bit silly.

In my opinion streetwear shall be an appetizer to menswear, look at Pharell's style evolution....

Carpe Diem

March 30, 2013 @ 06:49 AM
adoboFosho

I always adjust my style according to the places I go and people I met.
For work I will be more menswear/preppy style and will be more streetwear on weekends.
However when I see guys over 30 wearing Supreme/Vans/Skinny tapered jeans I find this a bit silly.

In my opinion streetwear shall be an appetizer to menswear, look at Pharell's style evolution....
what

if anything it showed how the menswear trend picked up 

example: mr bathing ape wasn't even invented till recently until then people were gettin their mayimbe on

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

March 31, 2013 @ 06:45 PM
artfullydodged

I feel like growing out of street wear is inevitable. I usually buy heritage/menswear shit for jacket and boots and other things I want to last. In the summer i like to play around with street wear looks.

Buy for the future. Don't get played. Quality over hype.

March 31, 2013 @ 07:18 PM
kinguah

I don't think that anyone should have to pick one and stick to it. My style probably fits into Streetwear more than menswear right now, but I certainly appreciate Menswear, and even wear typical Menswear pieces now. I can imagine myself being fully into it when and if I want to be seen as a formal adult. And I don't mean to say that Streetwear is immature either, I think it's equally likely that I'll choose a career in Streetwear and continue wearing all the brand logos and bright colors I do now. 

WTB: Supreme Ombre Flannel red/brown '09 Medium/Large

Please login first to reply.