Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 23, 2013 @ 05:27 PM
sarahhellen

Obviously recently there has been a boom in British Menswear, Is the british industry different to any other fashion capitals? what is it's appeal? and what do you think it will look like in ten years time? 
January 23, 2013 @ 05:38 PM
valleyla

British menswear is pretty lame in my opinion. It's not up to speed like Japanese, Italian, French and other designers. 

If you're speaking on British streetwear, well, to be honest British streetwear is helping destroy the industry. Rolled up sleeves on short sleeve shirts, calf socks with shorts (taken from OF), hats halfway off their head, and more.

British fashion is pretty lackluster
January 23, 2013 @ 06:22 PM
ukbam

I hate it. I walk down the street and see everyone wearing Hollister and Jack Wills mixed with Topman and Burton t shirts and chinos with snapbacks dangling off their back of their heads and a pair of vans or cheap high street high tops. And most of those in 'streetwear' are  hipster dicks who are just trying to be different by ruining skate and true street brands. Only British brand I really like is Addict for the coats and jackets which deliver consistently every season with at least one or two being nice. UK needs something decent asap. Worst bit is that these hollister/jack wills/superdry bum boys think they're the freshest guys about and look down on you if you wear any different. -rant over-
January 23, 2013 @ 11:39 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Streetwear here is horrendously shit.
January 23, 2013 @ 11:40 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Fashion better than most though, 10x better than America anyway.
January 24, 2013 @ 12:42 AM
ukbam

I should have said though, we have A LOT of potential to create some great shit, we have a rich history and a strong yet mixed sense of culture. But all small upcoming brands are just taking the generic route of making tees with just their logo on it or an Illuminati triangle and other shit like that with female tumblr models with rolled sleeves and their custom beanies that they all seem the hype about making. I don't see originality of spirit behind their designs or anyone trying something new. They all sell the same stuff and just stick their own brand name over the top of it.

Edit: I found of the twats I'm talking about on facebook, prepare your eyes: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=493435934018500&set=a.151901354838628.33669.100000562942058&type=1&theater
January 24, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
Brosef

Man fuck the UK, it's fuck nigga central out there. Bunch of frail ass white dudes running around looking homo thug.
January 24, 2013 @ 03:49 PM
ukbam

Man fuck the UK, it's fuck nigga central out there. Bunch of frail ass white dudes running around looking homo thug.
You obviously haven't gone into any cities if you think it's all white dudes lol, you see way more blacks and asians, but I agree there are too many walking round like homos. 
January 31, 2013 @ 06:55 PM
PhantoMermaid

British menswear is pretty lame in my opinion. It's not up to speed like Japanese, Italian, French and other designers. 

If you're speaking on British streetwear, well, to be honest British streetwear is helping destroy the industry. Rolled up sleeves on short sleeve shirts, calf socks with shorts (taken from OF), hats halfway off their head, and more.

British fashion is pretty lackluster
British streetwear sucks dick i have to agree. But british fashion is wear you go wrong... The british know how to do it when it comes to formalwear... *lacklustre 

Also no one wears calf socks here... 

Topman coloured chinos and fred perry polos is what most lame ass niggas wear over here

Please login first to reply.