Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 5, 2013 @ 03:55 PM
axcie

Recently I've been looking and exploring the different threads containing the new brands and them promoting their new brands. First off, some brands look GREAT! But there are a few that need a little tweak (or a lot). I just wanted to create a thread explaining what you should do BEFORE going live and start advertising your brand.

#1. Passion- If you're in the clothing industry for money then just stop here and turn back and leave. If you find the lowest cost for everything and want the most profit then you won't be very successful. Passion is what helps create unique create designs and takes criticism from their customers. 

#2. Name- I guess every one here by now knows that they need a unique name. Please stay away from create a name from 2 different names that are popular. Ex. Supremely Dope. Try something that has a meaning because it connects to customers and if it doesn't have meaning to you go back to #1

#3. Brand Type- What type of brand are you are what type of customers are you targeting? This means everything in the world. If you were supreme and you targeted, 40-50 year olds living in beverly hills I can guarantee you the brand would be terrible. This is the most critical because this is what tells you what type of logo you want, what type of website to get, what type of sponsors, models, etc.. If you can't find your niche than you're just a bird flying forever with no where to stop.

#4. Logo- Now since you got #2 and #3 figured out, its time to do one of the most critical things ever. Brand Representation is  hella of a thing. Its like even if you didn't know nike, but you saw the check mark you would know who it was. This is critical because this is how you get your clothing brand out there and get FREE advertisement for other people wearing YOUR brand. PLEASE, I am begging you not to do this by yourself if you don't know what to do and can't create a unique logo that represents your brand. Do not do this is paint or have a simple Arial Font Logo. Hire someone. Would you want to deliver your wives baby by yourself? No you want someone else like a professional to do it, but you still get to help and say what to do.

#5. Social Marketing- Brands are made and spread by friends to friends which increases the number of people that know about you're brand. Create a professional website and make it appeal to your brand type(#3). First thing is create a website, please have something on the website. It is such a turnoff when you see a good brand with good clothes then you go to their website and it looks sketchy as hell and nothing looks good and its hard to use and figure out how to do anything. I am not saying spend $500 to create a custom website and whatnot. I am asking you to look for what website you are going to setup your brand at. (shopify, bigcommerce, magento, wordpress, etc.. just google online ecommerce) and look for templates for these websites.

(will add to this but i have a broken arm and i need a break. lol)

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

January 5, 2013 @ 04:19 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Some good words, but I don't think you can really speak when:

1. Your brand is called Axcie Supply Co.
2. You've been selling pocket tees.
3. One of your tees has the word FRESH emblazoned on it.
January 5, 2013 @ 04:41 PM
kamil

January 5, 2013 @ 04:42 PM
axcie

I am not even advertising my company cause its all under construction and thats not why i even made this thread.... First off, I am guessing "AXCIE" isn't original enough but putting Supply Co. behind it makes it unoriginal. Second, That was an experiment and now we got our shit together and we are revamping our stuff, 3rd we sold it to a friend and see if anybody else wanted it. But Thanks for visiting our website!

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

May 29, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
KJ247

Dam,, I just visited OP's website and with that look book, it seems like he made ya eat your words. lmao.
May 29, 2013 @ 02:08 PM
kumasiii

these are a few basics that someone starting a brand should understand

edit: lmao i remember u you're the one that did the celebrity lookbook
you're not in the position to be writing any sort of guide to starting a brand b
May 30, 2013 @ 03:03 AM
Elusive

One that should be near the top of the list is DESIGN.

Design alone can drive the brand.. after all, how are clothes manifested in the first place?

Good points on name, passion, and logo (design). Social marketing can cover so much ground.. anything from social media to the details within the whole marketing aspect of society.

Keep hustling kids.

196 Jackson St. San Jose, CA www.elusiveca.com

June 1, 2013 @ 01:39 AM
adoboFosho

Design alone can drive the brand.. after all, how are clothes manifested in the first place?

Good points on name, passion, and logo (design). Social marketing can cover so much ground.. anything from social media to the details within the whole marketing aspect of society.

Keep hustling kids.
your name is elusive but your logo says flusive
lol

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

June 2, 2013 @ 09:28 AM
Elusive

Keep hustling kids.
your name is elusive but your logo says flusive
lol
Right?

196 Jackson St. San Jose, CA www.elusiveca.com

June 2, 2013 @ 04:28 PM
birdyman18

Keep up with our series of interviews on developing a brand. We'll be adding more soon

http://swagsyndicate.com/category/how-to-make-it-in-america/

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

June 3, 2013 @ 11:43 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Dam,, I just visited OP's website and with that look book, it seems like he made ya eat your words. lmao.
You talking about all the famous people in his shit? If so, it's photoshopped. All of it.

hot water

March 30, 2014 @ 06:53 PM
gla.streetwear

lol……..

Gods Last Army . com

Please login first to reply.