December 21, 2012 @ 06:47 PM
meankids

Hey,

Just got my brand up on the Karmaloop Kazbah. I really try and make my brand stand out from a lot of the other brands that seem more interested in just doing whatevers trendy and not taking any chances on doing something more original. Anyways Id appreciate it if anyone wanted to check out my store over on the Kazbah and give me some feedback. Thanks! 

http://www.kazbah.com/brands/Mean-Kids
December 21, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
Cokane

karmaloop is buns

Eggplant Foams sz 10 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/219681 BBC CREWNECK, ETC http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193923#3853259

December 21, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
minsct

Good work on getting on karmaloop. Personally, I would never put my brand on Karma, but thats just me.

If your looking for honest feedback, here it is:

Your brand doesn't project any real originality. You have a shirt that says 'Fresh Till Death'. How does that project even an ounce of originality? Overall, your graphics seem to cater to young teenagers. Not a bad thing if your catering to that market. I can't say I'm a fan. But then again, I'd consider my taste to be far more fashion forward then the 'average' consumer.

Good luck though.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 23, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
NBHDs

$35 for a shirt that says fresh til' death is pretty steep. and like the above said, it lacks originality, especially when you go "against the grain."
December 23, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I've always wondered, what are the advantages and disadvantages of being on Kazbah?

hot water

December 23, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
newkid

It seems you've put some solid hours into it.... but it still needs a lot of work. Like these other guys are pointing out; its lacking creativity and originality. Best of Luck.

www.nwkd.com

December 23, 2012 @ 08:39 AM
Cokane

name is lackluster, I would go back to the drawin board and set it on fire

Eggplant Foams sz 10 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/219681 BBC CREWNECK, ETC http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193923#3853259

December 24, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
minsct

I've always wondered, what are the advantages and disadvantages of being on Kazbah?
Obviously an increase in overall coverage of your brand, which may lead to higher sales. Kazbah is a good idea for startups if they want to be noticed by the masses quicker and possibly get a spot on karmaloop thereafter. Personally, I dislike Karmaloop. Although it has brought streetwear to the mainstream it has kind of ruined it at the same time. Most of the brands I truely respect to this day are not on karmaloop.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 24, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
Cokane

Karmaloop has a very minimal amount of integrity, which is always negative in a culture based off limited apparel.. plus there online presentation is chips from there site layout to there model pics.. sus

December 24, 2012 @ 09:38 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Obviously an increase in overall coverage of your brand, which may lead to higher sales. Kazbah is a good idea for startups if they want to be noticed by the masses quicker and possibly get a spot on karmaloop thereafter. Personally, I dislike Karmaloop. Although it has brought streetwear to the mainstream it has kind of ruined it at the same time. Most of the brands I truely respect to this day are not on karmaloop.
word up, i've only used karmaloop to cop some huf shit that was on high discount.

hot water

January 6, 2013 @ 12:26 AM
meankids

Good work on getting on karmaloop. Personally, I would never put my brand on Karma, but thats just me.

Your brand doesn't project any real originality. You have a shirt that says 'Fresh Till Death'. How does that project even an ounce of originality? Overall, your graphics seem to cater to young teenagers. Not a bad thing if your catering to that market. I can't say I'm a fan. But then again, I'd consider my taste to be far more fashion forward then the 'average' consumer.

Good luck though.
That shirt was inspired by Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool", its about this hustler who comes back from the dead. In the song he says "He came back, in the same suit that he was buried in. Similar to the one his grandfather was married in. Yes, he was still fresh to death." So thats why I did the front with those words and if you look on the back you can see I did a skeleton hand coming up from the bottom with blood on it to represent the hustler in the song rising from the grave, so that was the whole theme behind that shirt. However, you're entitled to your own opinions.
January 6, 2013 @ 12:32 AM
Dat1Dude562

I don't like it at all. Looks cheesy imo. Its good you got to kazbah I guess. That's a start.

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

January 6, 2013 @ 12:54 AM
abihype

Karmaloop is bittersweet. Great for starter brands but seeing big brands on karmaloop leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. 
January 6, 2013 @ 05:13 AM
fknfmsmag

Not bad, has some potential. Look forward to seeing what else you guys have in store for the future!

FKN FAMOUS | WWW.FKN-FAMOUS.COM

January 6, 2013 @ 08:12 PM
NBHDs

Good luck though.
That shirt was inspired by Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool", its about this hustler who comes back from the dead. In the song he says "He came back, in the same suit that he was buried in. Similar to the one his grandfather was married in. Yes, he was still fresh to death." So thats why I did the front with those words and if you look on the back you can see I did a skeleton hand coming up from the bottom with blood on it to represent the hustler in the song rising from the grave, so that was the whole theme behind that shirt. However, you're entitled to your own opinions.
the concept is dope but the execution makes it look generic.
January 8, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
meankids

Good luck though.
the concept is dope but the execution makes it look generic.
Thanks. My goal is to try and do cool concepts in my shirts that have some kind of theme or underlying meaning. As far as the design goes I was kinda going for a retro horror movie poster feel but maybe not everyone is in to that look. Either way thanks for the feedback. 

Please login first to reply.