Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 14, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
KookFLC

Me and a friend of mine are getting into an argument about weather not you have to skate to be able to wear supreme or any other skate brand to not get ragged on. Even though its a petty little argument it's a serious topic and wanted peoples input ( well people who actually own tons of it and their experiences)
October 14, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
sparkythedinosaur

a lot of the times supreme designs suck but it's just the novelty of wearing/owning rare and limited products and thats where the hype is. either that or some people see a good money making scheme out of it. can guarantee 80% of supreme owning people know nothing of its skateboarding heritage, but see it as an opportunity to have things which other people cant/find it hard to get hold of.

street bound

October 14, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
ImNotAHypebeast

You might get called a hypebeast
October 14, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
UnlimitedSusNiqqa

James jebbia, Creator of supreme never skated, so if you have to skate to wear it, the owner can't even
October 14, 2012 @ 11:34 PM
KookFLC

@rsomers6 thanks thats what im saying
@mikeford01 and this is supposed to insult people?
October 14, 2012 @ 11:36 PM
3>2.96

You definitely do not have to skate to wear that brand. If you skate you can wear any brand it does not have to be one brand. I know many people who wear Supreme and do not skate some do not even know what skating is.

3296.us “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas A. Edison

October 14, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
ImNotAHypebeast

@brougesandhats well i was just answering you're question. idk if itd insult you but u mgiht get called poser , hypebeast , etc
October 14, 2012 @ 11:44 PM
KookFLC

@mikeford01 I wasn't meaning for it to sound like i was giving you attitude if you took it like that i was simply just asking another question but thanks for the replys
October 14, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
paulywalnuts

You definitely do not have to skate to wear that brand. If you skate you can wear any brand it does not have to be one brand. I know many people who wear Supreme and do not skate some do not even know what skating is.

ok well not skating is one thing but not knowing WHAT skateboarding is...that's fucking pathetic and sheltered

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

October 14, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
paulywalnuts

a lot of the times supreme designs suck but it's just the novelty of wearing/owning rare and limited products and thats where the hype is. either that or some people see a good money making scheme out of it. can guarantee 80% of supreme owning people know nothing of its skateboarding heritage, but see it as an opportunity to have things which other people cant/find it hard to get hold of.

and a lot of times their designs DON'T suck...and 100% of the time which designs are good and bad is completely subjective.
yes, when products are rare people will find a way to make money. that's part of the hype, sure.
how could you possibly GUARANTEE that 80% of people "know nothing of it's skateboarding heritage"? sounds like a horseshit statement that you can't back up at all.

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

October 14, 2012 @ 11:57 PM
sparkythedinosaur

and a lot of times their designs DON'T suck...and 100% of the time which designs are good and bad is completely subjective.
yes, when products are rare people will find a way to make money. that's part of the hype, sure.
how could you possibly GUARANTEE that 80% of people "know nothing of it's skateboarding heritage"? sounds like a horseshit statement that you can't back up at all.

woah man chill, i was giving an opinion and tried for it not to sound bad or judgemental, you seem to have your dick in supremes bumhole man

street bound

October 15, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
snoopdoug

suspended

^ lmao this pauly nigga sounds like a college professor wanting stats and shit. chill b, he didnt mean it that literal, shit

jonjakob.blogspot.com

October 15, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
bvsed

Depends probably get flamed by skaters for wearing it lol.
October 15, 2012 @ 06:32 PM
KookFLC

is the poll not working?
October 15, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
3>2.96

ok well not skating is one thing but not knowing WHAT skateboarding is...that's fucking pathetic and sheltered

I know it is crazy. Some of them have no idea about skateboarding.

3296.us “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas A. Edison

October 15, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
KookFLC

I don't think you have to skate to wear it, but at least have an understanding of what the brand was founded around, which was mainly the NY skate scene. Can't stand people that know fuck all about the brand but wear it (that goes for any brand).
thank you that is what im saying
October 15, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
rabbitman

I don't think you have to skate to wear it, but at least have an understanding of what the brand was founded around, which was mainly the NY skate scene. Can't stand people that know fuck all about the brand but wear it (that goes for any brand).

be careful what you pretend to be

October 16, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
Gwyn

Do you have to be an animal to be at the zoo?

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

October 16, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
sparkythedinosaur

we're all animals brah

street bound

October 16, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
KookFLC

yes.... but this doesnt apply to my question
October 16, 2012 @ 12:11 AM
illestmind

Nah, you can choose whatever the hell you want to wear. Got hated on? Who gives a shit. Nobodies going to stop you from wearing what you choose on wearing. Especially if it's random people hating. When are you even going to see them again in Life? QQ
October 16, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
KookFLC

yes.... but this doesnt apply to my question
do to the fact that being an animal in a zoo is such a broad topic.
October 16, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
etzel

I never really see any skaters around here wear Supreme, it's cemented as a hype brand pretty much.

That being said, if you don't skate and you wear Janoskis, a thrasher hoodie and a 5 panel,
skaters aren't going to like that too much.
October 17, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
swel666

thats exactly what im sayin man
(im the kid hes talking about)

October 17, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
yooooo

supreme was and still is a skateshop and used to only be recognized by skaters. Then the hype came. Now not too many skaters even wear it now. You can wear whatever you want, and skaters most likely wont make fun of you.
October 17, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
brdisthewrd

boom
October 17, 2012 @ 10:50 PM
SantaDuJuan

no, and honestly skaters in NY don't hold Supreme that high outside of what they've done in the past tense. there are much better skate brands in NY and in general that do what preme does better

though to be honest if you wear a shit ton of Preme and you don't live in NY, appreciate NY skateboarding, or skateboarding in general I would consider you a cornball or some rich kid that follows hype.

James jebbia, Creator of supreme never skated, so if you have to skate to wear it, the owner can't even
The nigga opened a fucking skate store so it's safe to say he had a foot hold in the skateworld even if he wasn't on a board himself.
October 17, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
Luvian

this

Please login first to reply.