Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 10, 2013 @ 05:46 AM

Inactive

on a related note: THEY LIVE is an amazing movie and where the original obey thing comes from. amazing fight scene:

March 10, 2013 @ 08:30 PM
HWYS - Joey

Fairey is nothing but a scammer and a rip-off fuck. He has never credited any of the people he has ripped the artwork from, which is used on his shirts. It's unbelievable the amount of idiots who would buy a shirt without even learning wtf the artwork means or where the fuck it comes from.

I only wish some of the people he plagiarized would come together and demand their dues...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 10, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
fdamgaard

because it's too mainstream,
inb4 hipster
March 14, 2013 @ 10:10 PM
hypebeast96

its way to hype and designs lack..
March 15, 2013 @ 01:49 PM
jamesjebbia

obey and stussy are both sold at zumiez. yet obey is hated more. who wears obeys? Piasas and Pinoys.

I've only seen a few Stussy clothes at zumiez but the walls and shelves are overflowing with obey and diamond, I was at the mall last week zumiez even carries ice cream now
was a very sad day when that happened 
March 15, 2013 @ 02:36 PM
logojones

and the box logo shit but a bunch of brands just doing it now

this shit kicks ass
wow diamond is garbage. they sometimes have good shit but for the most part graphic wise... big 2 thumbs down. 

as for obey.. I like old school shepard fairey who stuck to graffiti not clothing. 

r e a c h 4 t h e s t a r s b u t d o n t g e t 2 c l o s e y o u m i g h t b u r n y o u r h a n d

March 15, 2013 @ 03:09 PM
Laurence of Arabia

lmfaoo 
March 15, 2013 @ 04:52 PM
schoolzonehats

I think people hate on obey only because it's so popular.

With streetwear being focused on smaller independent brands, something that's grown into a pretty much mainstream phenomenon doesn't sit well. I'm just surprised people aren't feeling the same way about diamond, it's everywhere. just look at above pic lol

Justin Holmander (owner & designer schoolzonehats.com) @schoolzonehats, @justschoolit

March 15, 2013 @ 05:28 PM
hellyeatica

I don't hate it, it has gotten popular but sometimes they come out with a good design. I recently a few months back bought the camo 5 panel it didn't have the box logo on it, it was different than the usual shit they pump out. I keep it around because I like his art and style, but yeah I agree some of his clothing is ridic, especially that box logo.

However...art, design all that shit, nothing is original. It's always pulled from here and there. I'm a designer we always google shit and take ideas and make them our own. It's just how it is. 

http://foodiesaurus.tumblr.com/

March 18, 2013 @ 12:42 PM
ides-of-march

Ive been a collector of art for about 10 years and first heard about Shepard Fairey (Obey) and was immediatley impressed with his work. I'm not a fanboy but I respect the dude who has been in the scene since 1989, way before Supreme was even a thought. To say Obey copied Supreme is laughable. Supreme didnt invent white text in a red box. Shepard Fairey explaines the logo which is inspired from a movie called "They Live" which uses the same font. If anything, Shepard gives props to it, I didnt see Supreme mention it. He is a street art and graff legend who is hated mainly by elitists who think graffiti is only done by writers who dont get famous and dont make money off their work. I say, good for you, if you can make money off of something you love. Way better than working a 9-5 for someone else. Were all in it for the same reasons, to hate on Shep for being made is hypocritical. Read the guy's bio and give him respect, he hustled way harder than any of us did in a game that was 3 times as hard. All you bandwagon kiddies need to get some knowledge. Alot of you kids were hating on that jacket in the first page without a clue who the artist was behind that image. Read up on a guy named Keith Haring. The dude was huge and a founding father of "street art". That "dude in the fetal position" is one of his works called "Radiant Baby". I read some of the comments and laughed how utterly clueless you little kids are. No worries tho, ignorance is cured with knowledge. I suggest you get some books and read up on street art and graffiti. Shepard is respected by graff kings from all over the world. Sure, he has "repurposed" some images taken from old communist posters but thats part of his style, read up on it and you would understand better. I'd rather wear Obey than half the stuff on the market because unlike "The Hundreds", "Diamond", and whatever else, Obey has an entire story behind it which is pretty entertaining. Im surprised you guys dont diss on The Hundreds, I mean how many times can you copy a team logo and replace it with "The Hundreds"?. Thats hella lame. Im not an Obey/Shepard Fairey fanboy but I give respect where its due because I know the dudes history. Its not his fault hipsters and trend kids wear his stuff. Its not like he can prevent who buys his clothes. I dont care if you guys hate him or not, but its like know your facts. Its like, you cant say you like hip hop but you go and diss on some of the founding fathers it. Respect.
March 18, 2013 @ 03:37 PM
adoboFosho

Ive been a collector of art for about 10 years and first heard about Shepard Fairey (Obey) and was immediatley impressed with his work. I'm not a fanboy but I respect the dude who has been in the scene since 1989, way before Supreme was even a thought. To say Obey copied Supreme is laughable. Supreme didnt invent white text in a red box. Shepard Fairey explaines the logo which is inspired from a movie called "They Live" which uses the same font. If anything, Shepard gives props to it, I didnt see Supreme mention it. He is a street art and graff legend who is hated mainly by elitists who think graffiti is only done by writers who dont get famous and dont make money off their work. I say, good for you, if you can make money off of something you love. Way better than working a 9-5 for someone else. Were all in it for the same reasons, to hate on Shep for being made is hypocritical. Read the guy's bio and give him respect, he hustled way harder than any of us did in a game that was 3 times as hard. All you bandwagon kiddies need to get some knowledge. Alot of you kids were hating on that jacket in the first page without a clue who the artist was behind that image. Read up on a guy named Keith Haring. The dude was huge and a founding father of "street art". That "dude in the fetal position" is one of his works called "Radiant Baby". I read some of the comments and laughed how utterly clueless you little kids are. No worries tho, ignorance is cured with knowledge. I suggest you get some books and read up on street art and graffiti. Shepard is respected by graff kings from all over the world. Sure, he has "repurposed" some images taken from old communist posters but thats part of his style, read up on it and you would understand better. I'd rather wear Obey than half the stuff on the market because unlike "The Hundreds", "Diamond", and whatever else, Obey has an entire story behind it which is pretty entertaining. Im surprised you guys dont diss on The Hundreds, I mean how many times can you copy a team logo and replace it with "The Hundreds"?. Thats hella lame. Im not an Obey/Shepard Fairey fanboy but I give respect where its due because I know the dudes history. Its not his fault hipsters and trend kids wear his stuff. Its not like he can prevent who buys his clothes. I dont care if you guys hate him or not, but its like know your facts. Its like, you cant say you like hip hop but you go and diss on some of the founding fathers it. Respect.
shepard when did you join hb?

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

March 19, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
ides-of-march

shepard when did you join hb?
Herp Derp
March 20, 2013 @ 03:59 AM
imran

This also sums it up pretty well - http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/obey
nailed it
March 20, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
donadamsky

because they made a brand by ripping off shepard fairey's andre the giant piece

March 22, 2013 @ 05:45 PM
tj_flacko

I used to be into obey up until they began selling it at boathouse and other generic mall skate/surf shops. Nowadays it seems that the only kids who wear obey are the same ones who wear bucket-ass high top adidas or the bulky DC's with the diagonal logo near the heel. anyone else know the kids im talking bout?
March 22, 2013 @ 11:40 PM
upvote

i dont like obey but i won't judge somebody if their wearing obey
March 23, 2013 @ 02:51 AM
kingxcreature

I hate obey because grimy weird people wear it

NJ

March 23, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
Detergent

cuz pinoys
super played out and everyone thinks its "swag", gets even worse when you see people screenprint the obey logo on sweatshirts themselves

-___-
March 23, 2013 @ 04:17 AM
Glo'bito

Obey is a sus boy brand.

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

March 23, 2013 @ 05:00 AM
delasteez

seems like its just "in" to hate Obey they have some tight designs here and there

yop

March 23, 2013 @ 08:17 AM
tezzz

yea it is his fault for making so easy for these fuck boys to get the hands on some obey tees ect.. they sell it at zumies moron

fat boy need a 10 piece

Please login first to reply.