Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 29, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
shapeyfiend

Does anybody else find it's starting to get a bit exhausting that cheap brands jump on every trend so quickly? I know it's been going on forever with womens clothes but for menswear I've found the lead time you have with a look before Top Man and River Island flood their shops with really badly executed, poor quality copies is getting shorter and shorter. I really like good streetwear but when everybody is wearing poor quality sweatshirts, hats and patterned stuff it kind of makes me lose enthusiasm for the good stuff.

I don't particularly like buying stuff online because I can't try it on first see that the fit suits me. Now it's got to the stage where before the kind of brands that are cool in the US have arrived in Irish retail their looks have been ran into the ground by cheap fashion chains over here.
August 29, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
slap

Who ever said you had to jump on every trend?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 29, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
shapeyfiend

Well it isn't that I'd be inclined to jump on every trend. But the cheap brands are rotating through new looks which such increased frequency that it's getting more and more difficult to avoid overlapping with what they're doing. I do genuinely try to swim against the tide as much as I can without being reactionary.

Maybe I'm just getting old. smile
August 29, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
b-r-ate

ooh ooh .

did i do good?

ja sam tu zbog para.

August 29, 2012 @ 04:26 PM
slap

What's your complaint?
That trends change too fast, and you can't keep up.
Or
That trendy items are made cheap by brands like Topman.

Just fyi, trend forcasters predict trends more than an year in advance.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 29, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
shapeyfiend

Probably got a bit fixated in the term trend? I think it's got to the point that everything is made cheap by the likes of Topman.
August 29, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
balto

worry about what you are rocking and not what others are

Please login first to reply.