Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 22, 2012 @ 01:39 AM

Inactive

I know I should wear what I like but I was thinking of getting rid of my jordans, supreme, stussy, raw denim, and undefeated etc... to get other clothes such as red wings, visvim, common projects, jcrew,etc... I was wondering what should I do. Is it that time to just dress nice upper class shit. Im only 18 and I think since I'm going to college why not look clean. It seems better, but what do yall think HB.
August 22, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
VOMITSPIT

perfect 2012 hypebeast example lol.

Sell Thread 1: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175504 Sell Thread 2: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/161251

August 22, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
craigsagersuit

beeez in da trap beez beez in da trap

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 22, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
dillasaysgo

is this really a question? common projects will always be superior to jordans, visvim to supreme, etc in terms of quality and (imo) aesthetic. a pair of acne max cash is infinitely cleaner than roughed up raw denim (though raw denim, esp. APC will always be a staple in my collection). not a fan of red wings / j. crew --- faux-americana / vintage-inspired workwear is a trend you might want to avoid. but with regards to "higher fashion" (things like raf, cdg, visvim, geller, etc) if you can afford it, i say go for it. makes for a far more striking statement and overall cleaner look than the diamond/stussy/supreme you see all over this forum

wtb: supreme ss11 leaves camp in KHAKI any condition

August 22, 2012 @ 01:51 AM

Inactive

AHAHA I had a feeling I was gonna get shit for this. I always liked it, but I just feel like I have been so attached to streetwear. I use to have 50-60 pairs of sneakers, but I dont wear all of them so I sold majority of them, and now I feel like why not get rid of all of my streetwear clothes, and get stuff I can always wear and look presentable. Not saying streetwear is not presentable but, classy. Sneakers are addicting and I need to stop getting it and same goes with the clothes. AHAHAHA yes I know I am a 2012 member, and we are known for this stupid shit. AHAHA
August 22, 2012 @ 01:54 AM

Inactive

Style matures with time. Wear whatever that makes you feel good. You'll only get about a 5% serious response so dont expect much. Besides all those brands you named above are pricey. Thus unless you go all out and spend stacks, you'll have a mix of between in the end eitherway.
August 22, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
RAREakuma

Just buy nicer shit from these brands. Raw denim is good for going out if paired with some nicer stuff. You can still rep your streetwear side with classier pieces from these brands. Supreme has great chinos, and Stussy has some decent button-downs. Even bape has some alright, low key stuff. When I get older, I plan to keep rockin a bape small crest tee. It's not the brand, just the clothing itself. Jafeel?

Skinny as a fuck, still eatin' the food. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177620/

August 22, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
slap

Go for classy streetwear.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 22, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
illmattic

I've noticed over the past couple of years my style has progressed from mainly graphic tee's, cargo shorts, and jeans to a more classier style, more polo's, button-ups, basics, less loud shit basically. I try to combine both styles together to create something unique. And like slap said look into more classy streetwear.
August 22, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
casein_point

do you mang. you're 18 years old. go in their with you style, don't be like anyone else and make them bitches weak in the knees. find a blance of class and streetwear and roll with it!
August 23, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
adoboFosho

is this really a question? common projects will always be superior to jordans, visvim to supreme, etc in terms of quality and (imo) aesthetic. a pair of acne max cash is infinitely cleaner than roughed up raw denim (though raw denim, esp. APC will always be a staple in my collection). not a fan of red wings / j. crew --- faux-americana / vintage-inspired workwear is a trend you might want to avoid. but with regards to "higher fashion" (things like raf, cdg, visvim, geller, etc) if you can afford it, i say go for it. makes for a far more striking statement and overall cleaner look than the diamond/stussy/supreme you see all over this forum

mfw who wears diamond in this forum nowadays

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

August 24, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
jamestapoz

I know I should wear what I like but I was thinking of getting rid of my jordans, supreme, stussy, raw denim, and undefeated etc... to get other clothes such as red wings, visvim, common projects, jcrew,etc... I was wondering what should I do. Is it that time to just dress nice upper class shit. Im only 18 and I think since I'm going to college why not look clean. It seems better, but what do yall think HB.

if you can afford it
August 24, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
feathers

lol this is what im doing.Class 2013

bocks lowgo 416 سبحان @supnygungy | instagram

August 24, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
kmz

same
August 24, 2012 @ 02:00 PM

Inactive

Ya, Im gonna do it. Thanks HB for you opinions about to buy my first pair of red wings LOL its a start from there. Then get some chinos and J.Crew outwear. How many shoes do you need to dress like this though? LOL
August 24, 2012 @ 02:18 PM
pattshreds

you can looks classy in supreme, just depends on what you buy.

SUPREME MECHANICS JACKET FOR SALE. RED, M. we flex like 90 px || instagram: pattshreds ||

August 24, 2012 @ 02:29 PM
Ishyaboi™

You can have class and still wear streetware brands.

Look at Jason Dill.

diamonds are forever.

August 24, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
Brosef

It's not hard to dress nice, grab a gq, try that. You don't have to spend all sorts of bread on those high end brands, just gotta get shit that has a nice silhouette or get a good tailor, that's actually the first and foremost thing you need to do. Just like in streetwear (if you're not a herb) fit is everything.
August 25, 2012 @ 05:39 AM
m1k3E

faux-americana / vintage-inspired workwear is a trend you might want to avoid.

Why...?
August 25, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
Zzzz

Wear what ever you like that fits you and your life style. You can always buy a little bit of streetwear and have a lot of dressier clothes or visa verca.

http://instagram.com/z_zzz_ http://proxyme.tumblr.com/

August 26, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
merovane

I tend to have a mix of those, and I'm about the same age as you. I try to mix it up a lot, because the worst thing in my mind is not being versatile with your wardrobe. You can't be the guy who wears suits or sweater vests to parties and suits up everyday like he's a businessman when he's not even out of high school yet, but you also can't be the guy who wears Diamond or Supreme on a nice dinner out.
August 26, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
supremesam

Zara has some nice classy stuff. A lot of streetwear brands have pretty classy stuff too though. Supreme has a lot of classy shit, which is easy to cop because the classy stuff usually don't sell out.
August 26, 2012 @ 06:55 AM
frogprince

lol...if you can pull it off. otherwise just let the transition come naturally, the time will come and youll know it. but those brands you listed besides j.crew are real expensive and not worth the money imo.
August 27, 2012 @ 04:35 PM
99%Shit

faux-americana / vintage-inspired workwear is a trend you might want to avoid.

Why...?

Because it's not 'classy'? Workwear is casual at best. Class is wingtip oxfords, not Red Wings. Givenchy trousers, not LVC denim. This is not to say one cannot look 'classier' than most, but in the grand scheme, Red Wings and Levis are no more 'classy' than Supreme. Mix and match. GQ 'grown-man', workwear and streetwear can easily blend if you don't OD on one of them.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 27, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
hailthekingkids

Ditch the jordans 2012 is all about minimalism.
August 28, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
birdyman18

You may want to check out http://foak.co/rjja/c78y for nice button-ups and ties

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

August 28, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
neinei

Please login first to reply.