Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 13, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
sunshiii

I'm just curious if anyone would be interested if a brand solely used natural dyes for coloration (dyes that come from bark/grass/bugs), and were on Egyptian/Sea Island Cotton? Extremely high quality cotton with only natural coloration.

I'm just curious to see if this actually appeals to anyone? Or do most people not care too much about the process?

*Edit* I forgot to explain it would be a jersey knit cotton, so t-shirts pretty much.

Detail is everything.

August 13, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
SHARKlN

a lot of high end brands don't even use 100% natural dyes just because of how costly it is.

i see no value in it whatsoever, but obviously someone out there cares enough to pay for it.
August 13, 2012 @ 03:38 PM

Inactive

^ Natural dyes fade and wear much differently than synthetic dyes if that's what you're looking for. It also provides some inconsistencies in dyeing so each piece isn't always the same. Tender Co. do this, but they're style and cuts are more vintage inspired. I know a few lesser known Japanese and Korean brands also do shirts like this, but you'll have to search them out.
August 13, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
sunshiii

^ Natural dyes fade and wear much differently than synthetic dyes if that's what you're looking for. It also provides some inconsistencies in dyeing so each piece isn't always the same. Tender Co. do this, but they're style and cuts are more vintage inspired. I know a few lesser known Japanese and Korean brands also do shirts like this, but you'll have to search them out.

Tender has been a huge inspiration to me for this, the woad dyeing is unbelievable. That's awesome that you know of them.

And yes I would sort of be going for the complete "natural" approach. Veg dyed leather only, natural dyed cotton only, and like strictly raw denim that's indigo/woad dyed. I really appreciate the feedback!

Detail is everything.

August 13, 2012 @ 09:38 PM

Inactive

Persimmon dying is very big in Korea and to some extent in Japan. Less for fashion and more from traditional methods, but I guess both are interrelated.
August 20, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
susanfellmclean

Gidday
I'm am Australian researcher artist.

my first time here on Hypebeast. Can anyone enlighten me as to the nature of this beast??

My main field is eucalyptus dyeing - currently preparing a paper for ISEND WEFT conference in Kuching .
Sept 24-Oct 3. ISEND - Interenational Symposium and Exhibition of Natural Dyes and WEFT -
World Eco fibres and Textiles.
Would anyone working in Eucalyptus Dyes care to share - I've done heaps of research and my own extensive explorations,. I am very keen to see that this wonderful field is represented extensively and that I do justice to its beauty - please talk to me.

Please login first to reply.