July 26, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
Tyler

Since first getting involved in streetwear back in the mid-2000s, I've seen a lot of trends come and go in this niche fashion business. And though there has been a lot of progress in the garments produced over time, the t-shirt has consistently been the cornerstone of almost every brand's collection year in and year out. These days brands are a dime a dozen and the word 'saturated' doesn't even do the streetwear market justice, so t-shirts inevitably have certainly lost their value. The new black bart Mishka tee that dropped. Before, it would have had some real hype behind it, but now, it's just a Wednesday blog post on Hypebeast. So what I want to know from the Hypebeast community is A)Do you think that t-shirts will continue to be the cornerstone of streetwear or will it be something else and B)what will bring that extremely sought after quality back to t-shirts? Or anything else for that matter.

Tyler, The Fucking Hater My brand: WOODER www.woodersupply.com

July 26, 2012 @ 01:18 PM
SHARKlN

it's simply too easy. brands can use t shirts to fill the profits column on their financial sheets. scribble out a design, print it up, sell it, and profit $10 per shirt. easiest money in streetwear. why wouldn't hundreds of brands do it?

how to fix it? well, like most things, you can't. it's past the tipping point and lots of brands are hustling garbage. You're voting with your money, so buy designs and brands you like and abandon the ones you don't.
July 26, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
Jay_Bird

its hard to say,seem like the street wear hype is sorta dying

but i will,forever be in it as long as its here cause its not a trend for me
July 27, 2012 @ 02:30 PM
OddMenOut

Yes, the market has become crazier than it's ever been and there are a vast number of contributing factors. The brands themselves seemed to have shifted to meet generally young market demand at rapidly increasing pace and that has created the problems you mentioned. Consumers 'say' that they're more interested in quality and generally I think they are; however at the same time I'm not sure a large portion of the youth can always tell what good quality for price really is when they see it online or the corner shop. Brands just need to be true to themselves and the market will hopefully dictate the future. It's extremely hard to predict because simply pushing a product on a consumer doesn't really take place anymore, or at least not in the same way. Maybe they will learn to slow down and invest in what they're purchasing. But I do know that the t-shirt will be here to stay regardless.

ODDMENOUT | A Standard Apart

July 27, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
SHARKlN

http://www.netstyl.es/
as long as the companies are willing to push some boundaries, i think the t shirt game is a-ok.

July 27, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
stillwild

http://www.netstyl.es/
as long as the companies are willing to push some boundaries, i think the t shirt game is a-ok.

this the problem and most certainly not the solution.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

July 27, 2012 @ 06:06 PM
99%Shit

Those shirts are repulsive. I'll only fuxx with Bounty Hunter and Stussy tees. I have a few older classic tees from other brands, but I can't see myself buying any outside of those two.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 1, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
Acropolis

Acropolis[/url] items now available on Karmaloop Kazbah!! Since joining up with Kazbah just 3 months ago, Acropolis is definitely moving up the ranks. In this short time we have already sold out many of our new styles and past classics.

Keep an eye out for more new Acropolis styles on Kazbah soon as well..

August 2, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
RenAi beast

hmmmm... I'm interpreting this more as 'when will all these diluted brands waste away'.

I don't have an answer for that. As for T-shirts in general, I think it's beyond being the cornerstone for streetwear. They've been used as personal statements since forever; personal billboard, flier, etc are also applicable. They showcase who or what you affiliate yourself with in absolutely every aspect of that context (religion, politics, literature, blah blah), it's truly an infinite canvas of sorts. Can't say that about most other articles of clothing. The price point of tees are also a great incentive.... most times, at least. blah blah blah. My 2 cents: the value of the tee never went anywhere.

its hard to say,seem like the street wear hype is sorta dying

but i will,forever be in it as long as its here cause its not a trend for me

cool

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

August 2, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
Panther.

Those shirts are repulsive. I'll only fuxx with Bounty Hunter and Stussy tees. I have a few older classic tees from other brands, but I can't see myself buying any outside of those two.

im not the biggest bounty hunter fan but i fuck with stussy.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

August 2, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
mproc

only graphic tees I buy:

http://www.imaginaryfoundation.com/store/mens-t.html

Please login first to reply.