Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
July 16, 2012 @ 01:14 PM
casein_point

Alright, so this may be crazy this may not be (I guess I'll have to wait and see). I personally do some shopping online or through prevelant brands but the majority of my clothing I get at places like Goodwill and Salvation Army. Go ahead and hate all you want but I like shopping there or at places like thrift stores because I feel like there is a higher chance of getting a one of a kind item. Don't get me wrong I scoop plenty of stuff up through more well known brands for somethings like t-shirts and hats, but I can't seem to get away from searching for dope gear at places like Goodwill and Salvy's. Anyone else do this? I'll post some pics later of some of my favorite pickups from these places as of late. If you got some dope stuff throw it up I'd love to see it and if you wanna hate.... throw it up I'd love to see that too.
July 16, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
magmar

yeah, I love going to thrift stores, I initially go check the games section to see if they have any valuable games since I'm a small collector and after I check everywhere else. I would browse through the whole mens section for clothes that suit me. haven't really found anything notable, mostly old sweatshirts, an AA hoodie, A signed hockey jersey, and other stuff.
July 16, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
magmar

always check the denim section. went to Value Village just now and found a pair of grey Naked & Famous weird guys for $15.
July 16, 2012 @ 08:21 PM
casein_point

I'm tellin you there are so many gems that are at places like this and I think a lot of people overlook it because they are second hand. I just got a gray Polo Button up for 2.50. I'm going to post a pic of it later with some other of my favorites.
July 16, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
Stellar

always check the denim section. went to Value Village just now and found a pair of grey Naked & Famous weird guys for $15.

Damn, I needa find the nearest Value Village.

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

July 16, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
jacobsever

I worked at a Salvation Army for 3 years and had first pick over all donations. I made out with some crazy awesome stuff.

July 17, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
kujo

I go thrifting once in a while but I don't really strike gold with clothes.

I do better with the games and cd's.

Found the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure that I could sell for probably like $100.
I'm keepin' it tho.
July 17, 2012 @ 04:34 AM
magmar

I worked at a Salvation Army for 3 years and had first pick over all donations. I made out with some crazy awesome stuff.

I played around with thinking about working at Value Village just for this reason. they have a huge hiring sign every time i walk in so it's always tempting me
July 17, 2012 @ 04:49 AM

Inactive

Where dem pickup pics
July 17, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
magmar

well since OP hasn't delivered yet, here are some of my pickups.

N&F $15 - has a few dirty splotches but barely worn

hawaiian shirt I picked up for $4, usually not into hawaiian shirts but this design caught my eye and it fits! (albeit, a little short)

CLOT the colors of emotions pocket T $1.50, got this during a 50% off day. I know nothing about clot but the shirt caught my eye and less than $2 for a tee, you really can't go wrong.

vintage sweatshirt from a local ranch $8, not really much to say here

unlike OP though most of my wardrobe doesn't come from thrift stores since most of the time all I wear is a tshirt/button down shirt, my pair of nudie jeans, and one pair of shoes I wear all the time. i use these thrift store finds as extras in my wardrobe to sort of fill in for parts that need to be filled in.
July 17, 2012 @ 10:55 AM
DreamCast

Damn, I needa find the nearest Value Village.

lmao hell yeah.

"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king"

July 17, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
casein_point

Alright y'all here are a few a snapped quick with my phone quick so sorry about the quality.

This shirt I got for $2. I love the old school feel to it I feel like it should be in 1992.

This is another one I picked up for $1.50. I just like the simplicity of it and how the pocket design is tilted diferently than the pattern on the rest of the shirt.

This indian styled shirt was $2.50. I just couldn't resist that print.

And now we've got this Hornets colored polo I scooped for 50 cents. I just love that color combo.

Once again, sorry about the quality. If I get some time I'll try to post a little more.

@magmar that hawaiin shirt is pretty dope and that pocket tee is mean good pickups!

Also I don't do all my shopping at thrift stores, but I do do a good amount. I like to incorparte the pieces I get with some newer stuff like jeans, shoes, or t-shirt under a button up to try and give my style almost a hybrid style.

Start diggin in those Salvy's, Goodwills, Value Villlages, and thrift stores!
July 17, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
magmar

^ love that indian style shirt
July 18, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Inactive

I usually just buy my underwear at thrift stores.
July 18, 2012 @ 02:18 PM
Jay_Bird

hawaiian shirt I picked up for $4, usually not into hawaiian shirts but this design caught my eye and it fits! (albeit, a little short)

Damn nice find

I find myself shopping at thrift stores and getting my gear from eBay a lot now too

CLOT the colors of emotions pocket T $1.50, got this during a 50% off day. I know nothing about clot but the shirt caught my eye and less than $2 for a tee, you really can't go wrong.

unlike OP though most of my wardrobe doesn't come from thrift stores since most of the time all I wear is a tshirt/button down shirt, my pair of nudie jeans, and one pair of shoes I wear all the time. i use these thrift store finds as extras in my wardrobe to sort of fill in for parts that need to be filled in.
July 20, 2012 @ 12:24 AM
VOMITSPIT

Under rated thread, I cop some nice shit at thrifts. Some of my favorite pieces are ones that I've made myself.

High/Low end

Sell Thread 1: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175504 Sell Thread 2: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/161251

July 20, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
mrcoupe

i can relate thirft stores are like the junkyards of clothing they have alot of junk and some treasures.
July 20, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
Gwyn

aren't you guys scared the clothes have aids on them? Or whomever wore them last was sick?

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

July 20, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
VOMITSPIT

aren't you guys scared the clothes have aids on them? Or whomever wore them last was sick?

lol you obviously wash them. dead @ aids on them

Sell Thread 1: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175504 Sell Thread 2: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/161251

July 20, 2012 @ 02:00 AM

Inactive

Naw, people always buy used shit on here and you never know how they wore it.
July 20, 2012 @ 12:12 PM
casein_point

Under rated thread, I cop some nice shit at thrifts. Some of my favorite pieces are ones that I've made myself.

High/Low end

Lets see some of em bruh @vomitspit
July 20, 2012 @ 12:41 PM
nikita

you scooped a clot shirt at a goodwill?? that's mindblowing

we trippy mane

July 20, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
casein_point

you scooped a clot shirt at a goodwill?? that's mindblowing

I'm tellin you man you'd be suprised. You just gotta do a little diggin and huntin to find some god damn gems at these second hand stores. Plus its dirt cheap, sounds like a win win to me.
July 20, 2012 @ 04:30 PM
mrcoupe

that clot tee find is really lucky, cal thrift stores have some descent clothes for the price but ive never come across anything that unusual.
July 20, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
magmar

@nikita never heard of clot before I saw the shirt. is it a big deal? I googled some images after when I got home and it seems the shirt is pretty faded from the original color but its all good.
July 20, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
VOMITSPIT

High/Low end

Lets see some of em bruh @vomitspit

lol I'm not gonna have a fashion show for 'em, but just get creative with the fabrics. Thrifts got a large variety of materials, you don't even gotta wear whole pieces.

July 20, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
nikita

@magmar CLOT is, right now, one of the biggest and most hyped up brands in China right now. The shirt you got probably costed 80 or more. It would be easier to find Supreme in a thrift store than it would be to find CLOT. That's a really good find.

we trippy mane

July 22, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
Upscale Popeye

My dad picked up a classic Yves Saint Laurent trench coat from a Salvation Army store once. I was amazed, was in perfect condition too.. only $50. sad
May 8, 2013 @ 12:22 PM
casein_point

annnndddddd macklemore ruined everything
May 9, 2013 @ 12:52 AM
Stellar

Goodwill put up signs with Mackelmore lyrics on them razz

Found some pretty interesting stuff at Goodwill
Couple of Bounty Hunter Tee's

Back

$2 cool

Back

I've found both fake and real Nike SB Takashi's 

I've also stumbled upon Triumvir tee's, DS Nike Blazer Lows, Vans Vault "Eco" Sk8-Hi's, and a Supreme x Miles Davis tee, but sold it a day after.

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

Please login first to reply.