Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 14, 2012 @ 01:35 PM
mwhstuff

So I've got to do this essay sorta thing for my A2 Graphics. So i need some opinions and views.

The main points in my essay will be history, logo, quality, design and status. But is there anything else about a certain brand or brands in general that you think is important?

Help me out, by posting some replies.

www.britanniaculture.co.uk DS Gym Green Foams For sale, http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/175293/

June 14, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
mwhstuff

COME ON YOU LAZY ASS HYPEBEASTS. Help me out!

www.britanniaculture.co.uk DS Gym Green Foams For sale, http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/175293/

June 14, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
me>u

Their logo def. What would the hundrds be without their famous Adam bomb?
What would Supreme be with without the Box logo?
Diamond without the famous diamond?
Gucci without their stripes?

there you go.

instagram: funthera

June 14, 2012 @ 06:17 PM
JP Enemy

I think it's about what attitudes brands can impose. I for one love that in your face direction of a brand where they propose a certain type of toughness without sacrificing real life. A lot of brands can stray from their original direction and lose consumers such as myself who pride their brand choices because I don't believe in lies within hype.

So an overall answer is that brands that can emit a true vibe that reflects a brand's personality have an effect on certain consumers who can truly appreciate the culture set behind a brand's genre so to speak.

Make Enemies, Not Friends. www.anotherenemy.com

June 14, 2012 @ 06:20 PM
yung DZA

Their logo def. What would the hundrds be without their famous Adam bomb?
What would Supreme be with without the Box logo?
Diamond without the famous diamond?
Gucci without their stripes?

there you go.

I think it's about what attitudes brands can impose. I for one love that in your face direction of a brand where they propose a certain type of toughness without sacrificing real life. A lot of brands can stray from their original direction and lose consumers such as myself who pride their brand choices because I don't believe in lies within hype.

So an overall answer is that brands that can emit a true vibe that reflects a brand's personality have an effect on certain consumers who can truly appreciate the culture set behind a brand's genre so to speak.

haha your essay is pretty much done now.
June 14, 2012 @ 06:23 PM
xdylanx

Consistency in quality
June 14, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
Iggle

each brand has an identity behind them and consumers want to be associated with that identity, whether its streetwear, skating, or that outdoors lifestyle. its a way to stand out from the crowd and differentiate from everyone else. when that brand becomes too popular and you see every other nigga wearing it, that brand starts to be seen as a "poser" brand and so the original people start going off to different brands (i.e outdoor enthusiasts wore TNF but then every fratboy, rich mom/dad, wanna be outdoorsman starts to buy TNF so the original people jump to marmot, arc'teryx, mountain hardware, etc). its all about be associated with a specific identity.

#pedogangweindis

June 14, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
mwhstuff

haha your essay is pretty much done now.

Thats what i was trying to do ;)

June 14, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
SOLO1

in addition to the logos of each brand, the general fit of apparel for each brand is just important. I've noticed newer brands like black scale have less refined, baggier fits than some older brands.

For example, I'm 6 "1, extremely slender. Supreme's oxfords are "custom fit" if you will, and extremely slim, so they fit me close ta perfect. Therefore, i continue 2 buy
June 14, 2012 @ 08:23 PM
mwhstuff

I need some more design based views!

June 14, 2012 @ 08:29 PM
trevxv3

you need design based views? take a look at how almost everything supreme produces is a rip-off yet it is still wildly popular. go on the "supreme rip-offs" thread on ss and you can see exactly how much they copy from other brands. Then make a connection as to why consumers still choose to pay more for the same designs and wallah... there is at least two pages of work right there

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

June 15, 2012 @ 08:08 AM
zerotny

I THINK FENDI AND DIOR ARE WONDERFUL. SOME elements between them are something gentle and a little bit strong and that is cool can make ladies turn into being boyish,may be, a lady can be 'handsome' somtimes!!!Marvelous!
June 15, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
th3kid

you need design based views? take a look at how almost everything supreme produces is a rip-off yet it is still wildly popular. go on the "supreme rip-offs" thread on ss and you can see exactly how much they copy from other brands. Then make a connection as to why consumers still choose to pay more for the same designs and wallah... there is at least two pages of work right there

Not a good example because I can easily say they have the same inspiration or are trying to pay tribute to that design, person, or whatever it is. Streetwear brands in general are all going to have similar designs because they're all basically inspired by the same things/people/events. They're all catering to the "lifestyle" aspect of skating/extreme sports/graffiti. Supreme is most desirable because of their reputation and history.

Brands and logos are how people identify themselves with the product or the product alone. It says something about a brand with a weak logo or signature design. LV, Gucci, Coach, Doonie & Burke all have a very similar signature design. Doonie & Burke is a very Gucci esque Coach bite, Coach is a Chanel esque (as far as the C placement on bags) LV bite (as far as the all over print aspect).
June 17, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
mwhstuff

MORE MORE MORE!! MY TUTOR WILL NEVER KNOW THAT HYPEBEAST WROTE MY ESSAY!! Also it's got to be laid out as an article for creative review magazine. Does anyone have any ideas on that front?

June 17, 2012 @ 06:04 PM
Panther.

I think it has something to do with 13 year olds jacking off to ikat camp caps
yes???

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 17, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
Fitch

It's cause we care about status!
June 18, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
letterdelivery

We expect a certain quality from out products and when you know a brand is good you want that.
Status, you feel you'll get status from that brand.
With the status also comes recognition, from people who know about it and people who are fans of it.
The logo represents all of the above.
June 19, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
mwhstuff

Thanks Hypebeasts!

Please login first to reply.