July 7, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
caycepolllard

be better or be different.
July 7, 2012 @ 03:59 AM

Inactive

Giving out freer stickers!!
July 7, 2012 @ 01:49 PM
HWYS - Joey

I may be on the other side of the norm but I think exclusivity will set you apart better than free stickers and coupons and all that other free stuff.

I mean, we ALL want something we can't have right. And we all want to feel special wearing it. Whether it be cause the piece of clothing is more expensive or harder to get. Anyone here can go to "name a regular clothing store" and buy $500 worth of shit, but at the end of the day, when you wear their clothes people will know how much you paid for them.

Here's my plan if I ever do decide to get a clothing line going;

Connect with my target audience - skateboarders, hip-hop people and nuwave artists.

Give, yepp FREE, a bunch of items to them to rock. You have to spend money to make money.

Photograph the shit out of them and promote those pics.

Ask them to promote your shit on their own for more free stuff.

Once they do so and you start getting a following, prepare a release date.

Now, if you think you have done your job well enough and you know you can sell 200 pieces, make only 150. Don't oversaturate the market. Leave 50 people waiting and salivating at the mouth for the next drop.

Then build up from there...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

July 15, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
noneotherclothes

have sales! we are having a sale right now at None Other Clothing

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

July 15, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
cityofsavages

Events are crucial, don't just rely on the internet, organize your own pop up shops etc or find a way to set up and other events around your area.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

July 15, 2012 @ 09:01 PM
noneotherclothes

@cityofsavages hey pm me about that! thanks i tired to pm you but it didnt work

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

July 15, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
cityofsavages

@noneotherclothes just tried to pm you, don't think it worked, something must be wrong on here.

July 15, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
noneotherclothes

@cityofsavages yeah idk whats up.

July 15, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
noneotherclothes

@cityofsavages I think i got it to work

July 16, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
Doughknots

give your shit away for free. das how nigo did it breh
July 16, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
em0rtal

Stickers. Lots of stickers. More sticker than you could even imagine.

THIS.
July 16, 2012 @ 01:52 PM
casein_point

I think what many people are forgetting when talking about marketing is the ROI (return on investment). Marketing efforts are useless if the money you are spending is not being put BACK into your companies pocket. A lot of these posts will definately help with the perception of your brand. But marketing is more than just how you appear and if people are noticing your logo. Marketing efforts should help increase brand awareness, capitilize on new potential markets, inform consumers of a new product, and to induce more sales.

Find a way to track your marketing efforts and a way that you can analyze them. Here is a quick example of one way I myself may attempt a new marketing strategy and how I would track it.

QR Codes are a fairly new technology in the business world and I'm sure many of you have seen them. One looks like this:

This QR Code would have a direct link to something your company is offering or would direct the consumer to a webpage with certain information.

So with that being said we'll then move forward and say that these QR codes were sent out with stickers or a t-shirt that you sent to a consumer. This QR Code that was sent could get the customer 5 dollars off an item or could allow them to have access to a limited edition item that only people that purchased that t-shirt or recieved those stickers. What this does is it allows you to actually find and analyze data from your specific marketing action. If the QR Code sent out is redeemed by 40 out of 60 of the people that it was sent to then this could be a good marketing effort. Once you know things like this you can begin to crunch numbers and see how much money that your particular marketing effort is bringing in versus how much you spent on getting it rolled out.

Basically my biggest thing in terms of marketing is try and figure out a way to TRULY (numbers, information, raw facts) know if your marketing investment is worth the money that your company is putting into it. After all, companies are a business and the main goal of any business, with the exception of a non-profit, is to make money.
July 16, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
angelooo

Th3kid pretty much summed it up for starters; helpful info indeed!
--

FREE BUTTONS anyone?

Join the STANDARDZ® newsletter while supplies last [ standardzzz.com/intheloop ]

- peace

+ + +

December 6, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
Krak Baby

I started up a brand in Cairo, Egypt so everything we make is 100% Egyptian cotton so quality is legit. The issue I'm having is that the streetwear culture doesn't really exist here. People don't really catch on to local brands too much here and are more interested in higher end designer brands from Paris and shit. I realize my target market is everywhere but here, does anyone have any tips on how I could get the word out internationally? I'm on facebook, twitter and tumblr but I'm not sure I'm using them in the most effective manner. Any insight would be great!

www.KRAKBABY.com

February 13, 2013 @ 01:13 PM
wcfrontrvnners

As far as marketing, everybody is on the right path from the advice I've seen. One thing that has really worked to my benefit is Social Networks. People may complain about having thousands of followers or following a ton of people but with all pride aside you''re getting your brand out. 

Another thing that has worked for me is putting people on your team that already have a nice gathering and are around a lot of people who are basically "family". I've lost count how many people see one of my friends wearing our gear and instantly want the same thing. It's always good to have random people wear your gear also but try to target people who have good reputations in your local community. People that are respected wear & shout out your gear. 

Like one of the dudes said before is presentation. I invested in a Nikon D3200 to take my own pictures whenever things drop. All of our Instagram pictures receive 400-900 Likes given the quality of the item/picture. 

I've never been big on giving out free stuff, but from all the local brands that are successful in my area, that's what they do. Whether it's a sweepstakes like repost this flyer for a chance to win, or seeing a person who's known and shooting them some free gear as long as they shout you out etc. 

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of little details but what has worked the BEST for me other than Social Network, is face to face interactions with people. From playing football and being a college student, I was interacting with a bunch of people weekly. Every time I would wear my brand around my peers they'd instantly want it, and the same thing would happen when I posted it on a Social Network. I'm more of a to myself type of person, but the more people you genuinely interact with will boost your brand a lot. There hasn't been on item I've released that didn't sell out within the first 3 days. 

Marketing is pretty simple, like the guy before me said you have to put your shoes in the head of a customer. What attracts them to this brand, and what keeps them interested. There are tons of brands that I personally dislike, but they're marketing is on point and has made them successful. Just stay consistent and efficient with your grind and you should be coo.

For anybody curious to see my brand check us out on instagram @Wcfrontrvnners

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

February 19, 2013 @ 07:51 AM
Calborn

This is one of those things no one can tell you, every brand is different, there is no right way. You have to put in your own trial and error work, this is a perpetual issue with a clothing company, you deal with it everyday, you have to learn it yourself if you want a fighting chance.
this is why tech companies hire me, because marketing strategy is usually what makes/breaks a company (besides the actual product).

one thing i can recommend (which has been proven successful) is developing your social media efforts via twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.
the main market that streetwear companies target are aggressive users of social media, and they stay on that.
use trial&error to figure out how to get your brand some virality which is comes at no cost but has a tremendous impact on your company's efforts 

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

March 3, 2013 @ 11:14 PM
LonelyJake

I think it would be really dope if people trying to get their clothing company out there to make something like a graffiti stencil, they take one, and tag your name on a wall or somethin
March 3, 2013 @ 11:29 PM
cityofsavages

I think it would be really dope if people trying to get their clothing company out there to make something like a graffiti stencil, they take one, and tag your name on a wall or somethin

We've been doing that lately, ANTI Luxury type shit

March 5, 2013 @ 02:16 AM
MoneyKingsClothing

I don't know how late i am on this thread lol, but yeah i've tried alot of stuff on how to advertise my up and coming brand , i would love some fool proof advice (if there is any)

and if its not too much trouble you guys can take a look at my brand
http://www.countachclothing.bigcartel.com/
March 5, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
best clothing co

Research, Research, and more Research. Hypebeast is a good way to learn some of the Ins and outs. 
www.wearebest.com
March 5, 2013 @ 08:40 AM
protag0nist

Identify a gap in the market, take more time than you want to, or than anyone else will in order to gain the skills and experience needed to exploit it better than anyone else can. Success is a long term gig, happens with time and good product, not transient marketing schemes. Make good product and people will follow.
March 5, 2013 @ 07:54 PM
dopesocietyaaron

i'd say the best way to get alot of attention is stickers, social media sites, and making personal relationships with all the right people. a kick ass design wouldn't hurt, but mainly its all about building relationships with people. that's what has been working with me. its not what they can do for you but what you can do for them. Alot of my homies and just random people promote for me just cause im always humble. 

Forever Dope, Dope Forever. www.dopesocietyclothing.com

March 19, 2013 @ 12:28 AM
BarryGoods

No such thing as fool proof. Some things work for some people. People are different. Meeting people worked for me. Tumblr and Instagram Worked for me. Twitter sucked and so did Facebook but I know a ton of people who have great facebook and twitter followings. Even doing events work. Some better then others but you have to go out and do them. Sneaker shows, record vending, dance shows, skate demos, everything.

People buy usually because they've seen it a few times.

P R O V E R S E | WWW.PROVERSE.COM | INSTAGRAM.COM/PROVERSEGOODS | PPP

April 3, 2013 @ 01:55 PM
noneotherclothes

April 8, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
Reikwon

^^ Don't do what these 2 just did. Don't spam shit. Ever.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

April 11, 2013 @ 07:52 AM
unotready

one of best ways is to sponsor a rapper or up and coming rapper who you see potential talent in
April 11, 2013 @ 07:55 AM
unotready

Somehow meet asap rocky and pay him to wear it LOL. If you're shit is really hot, that man can single handedly do more for you by wearing your shit in his video than any other artist can right now but doubt that'll happen so you'll need to find a up n coming dude. Try contacting him though.. he's best marketing tool right now
April 11, 2013 @ 07:59 AM
unotready

Also, try making a video on youtube that can generate many hits and have the person wearing your brand. Think outside the box.. it aint hard to do
February 12, 2014 @ 06:54 PM
Breze

People nowadays don't want to do the work locally. Sitting back following people on Instagram ain't gonna help as much as getting out there and building relationships by having events
February 16, 2014 @ 04:09 AM
jaeizmeeh

https://www.behance.net/gallery/BORN-WILD-JERSEY-TEE/14567109

DOPE NEW TEE : BORN WILD JERSEY TEE.

COP WHILE THEY LAST LIMITED TIME ONLY.

Please login first to reply.