June 6, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
KaiLumieres

So...This is not a hate thread, I simply asking questions and wondering why people do what they doing. Maybe you do it too? So let me know your opinions one this one! I been doing research on some new clothing brand lately such as Givenchy, Supreme, Stussy and others high end clothing brands. Not to be a dick but I do think Givenchy graphic t-shirts are bad, simply just a 100% cotton and a normal print.. we seen art like that everywhere.. but why does it cost so much??? Do people just buy the clothes for the brand name?. As for Further proof that celebrity backing is way more important than good design when launching a new brand. And since when did two t-shirts constitute a "luxury" brand? If they were made of cashmere or had 24kt gold stitching, sure, but they ljust 100% cotton. Whats going on? So let me know your opinions one this one! if you're one of them why are you buying it?

As for me I do own rottweiler shirts, only because I got it as a birthday present and the print actually pretty cool. I do own jeremy scott and other designers stuff. But I bought it because its actually look good.

Twitter @KaiLumieres http://LumieresByKai.com Upcoming high end brand.

June 6, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
UnaFashionista

U already know that Givenchy isnt only making T SHIRTS right? They make good stuff, real art.

Cant deny that they're overpriced, lots of brands are... how did they succeed being so overpriced?
June 6, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
KaiLumieres

U already know that Givenchy isnt only making T SHIRTS right? They make good stuff, real art.

Cant deny that they're overpriced, lots of brands are... how did they succeed being so overpriced?

I know their designers stuff are beyond amazing. But Just because of those "designers" stuff, that people really buying t-shirt for $300? razz what about Jalil Peraza the brand just debut?? they didnt have any designers stuff... just because Kanye and Jay Z wore their stuff.. they can over priced it? ... the world of marketing is amazing.

June 6, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
yonge&stclair

big fashion and haute couture houses such as versace, givenchy, jil sander, JPG, galante etc. use only the finest of materials on this planet to make their products. as stated, givenchy just doesn't make t shirts with dog prints on them. i hope you're aware of that. you are paying for a name, no doubt, but the quality in the material is something that you simply can't cop at your local wal mart or target store. just because it says 100% cotton doesnt cheapify the shirt. also, just like different types of wool and other fabric materials, there are many different types of cotton. i can guarantee you that the cotton used in a givenchy shirt is not the same cotton found in your average hanes or fruit of the loom shit.

yes, you pay for the name/brand. thats the culture and society we live in. but behind those box logos and funky prints, there is a real, undeniable quality.

overdose.

June 6, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
Moises Arias

So...This is not a hate thread, I simply asking questions and wondering why people do what they doing. Maybe you do it too? So let me know your opinions one this one! I been doing research on some new clothing brand lately such as Givenchy, Supreme, Stussy and others high end clothing brands. Not to be a dick but I do think Givenchy graphic t-shirts are bad, simply just a 100% cotton and a normal print.. we seen art like that everywhere.. but why does it cost so much??? Do people just buy the clothes for the brand name?. As for Further proof that celebrity backing is way more important than good design when launching a new brand. And since when did two t-shirts constitute a "luxury" brand? If they were made of cashmere or had 24kt gold stitching, sure, but they ljust 100% cotton. Whats going on? So let me know your opinions one this one! if you're one of them why are you buying it?

As for me I do own rottweiler shirts, only because I got it as a birthday present and the print actually pretty cool. I do own jeremy scott and other designers stuff. But I bought it because its actually look good.

well lets start off with reason number 1. givenchy, supreme, and stussy are nowhere near a new clothing brand
2. supreme and stussy is not a luxury brand
3. many people seemed to like givenchy designs regardless of kanye west and will continue
4. givenchy was always expensive
5.there is difference between a givenchy t shirt and hanes t shirt

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 6, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
KaiLumieres

well lets start off with reason number 1. givenchy, supreme, and stussy are nowhere near a new clothing brand
2. supreme and stussy is not a luxury brand
3. many people seemed to like givenchy designs regardless of kanye west and will continue
4. givenchy was always expensive
5.there is difference between a givenchy t shirt and hanes t shirt

2. supreme definitely an high end imo.
3. what about the new brand just came out? Jalil Peraza and etc.? They debut with crappy design and getting weird ass huge recognition

as for thats thanks for clearly that up! I did not know that there more than 1 type of cotton hah, guess you learn something new everyday. So their inks and fabric materials are the thing that make them luxury? I gotta do research on what type of cotton they use then

June 6, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Inactive

dude if you're definition of high end is supreme and stussy then u shouldn't be talking shit about brands cuz u simply aint bout it bout it
June 7, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
KaiLumieres

dude if you're definition of high end is supreme and stussy then u shouldn't be talking shit about brands cuz u simply aint bout it bout it

You sir, can't read and too arrogant therefore you're ignorant. When I added in supreme and stussy, I means the vintage supreme that peeps break their necks and pay over 100-200 for.

June 7, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
slap

Jeremy Scott isn't luxury.
100-200 is no where close to luxury.
A stupid camp cap going for $200 does not make it luxury; it had a retail price of $40.
Supreme and Stussy is no where close to luxury.

Beanies or hats that retail $200+ is luxury.

And celebrity brand status has always been the most important.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

June 7, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
KaiLumieres

And celebrity brand status has always been the most important.

I understand that if brand like supreme, givenchy, versace, LV and others that go a long way back, reputation over the years for their quality and such. But it's plain unfair that some crappy brand debut with a crap design/quality that get that "luxury, high end" names... <== now I'm hating haha But its cool. They smart with marketing I guess

June 7, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
slap

Again. Supreme is not "luxury, [or] high end".

Life isn't fair. Everything in life is like that. Not just clothes. Celebrity endorsement is in everything.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

June 7, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
Moises Arias

this guy really cant understand that supreme aint a luxury brand. luxury doesnt means "peeps are breaking their necks and paying 100-200 for an item." anybody can afford to buy a 100 dollar shirt that retails for 45. but when you start spending 300+ on a shirt for retail price that when you enter luxury market.

and half of the givenchy items especially the rottweiler and bird of paradise shirts that you see on blogs are fake anyway

June 7, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
KaiLumieres

face palm, you guys searching for a small opinion and bash on it and ignore what I'm really saying lol. I guess some people can't read.

June 7, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
Moises Arias

face palm, you guys searching for a small opinion and bash on it and ignore what I'm really saying lol. I guess some people can't read.

or maybe you cant write to get your point across. when you have multiple people correcting you it just might be you who is wrong

June 7, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
slap

1. why does it cost so much???
2. Do people just buy the clothes for the brand name?
3. And since when did two t-shirts constitute a "luxury" brand?
4. why are you buying it?

1. Because of brand name.

2. Yes. It's always been that way. Why do you think people rock fakes? Obviously not for the quality, but for the brand name and the "respect" and "adoration" for having brand name stuff. It's very sad.

3. Never, those brands you listed have much more than 2 t-shirts.

4. Even if I could afford it, I don't see myself ever buying "luxury" brands. I feel no point in "buying the brand name". I've seen $100 outfits trump $1000 outfits. And honestly, most people that I know with "luxury" items are douches (with a few exception of course). They get so tied up with the costs of item that they value other individuals based on what their net worth is and what they own. I rather gain respect from my actions than my material possessions. Material items are material items. Why chase worldy things when I can obtain riches in heaven?

June 7, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
KaiLumieres

or maybe you cant write to get your point across. when you have multiple people correcting you it just might be you who is wrong

Lol or repeating the same thing 1-3 ppl had say just plain dumb? lol its like me coming to america and claim to be Christopher Columbus all over again. But I guess I am wrong, I always viewed supreme as a high end clothing brand for some reason.. I guess all that just changed now I'm actually look at the prices.

4. Even if I could afford it, I don't see myself ever buying "luxury" brands. I feel no point in "buying the brand name". I've seen $100 outfits trump $1000 outfits. And honestly, most people that I know with "luxury" items are douches (with a few exception of course). They get so tied up with the costs of item that they value other individuals based on what their net worth is and what they own. I rather gain respect from my actions than my material possessions. Material items are material items. Why chase worldy things when I can obtain riches in heaven?

Thanks! the opinion i'm really looking for! But I think if you have money things might be different... but what you said definitely just make you pretty damn awesome.
Aside from givenchy do you guys know any luxury or high end clothing brand that adore by street wearers and hip-hop heads?

June 9, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
jaeyoung

Do people just buy the clothes for the brand name?. As for Further proof that celebrity backing is way more important than good design when launching a new brand. And since when did two t-shirts constitute a "luxury" brand?

Givency has been around for decades considered as a luxury brand. these questions are too premature. you are asking very blindly; your "research" was definitely lacking in some parts.

as for labels, yes people do buy for the branding but quality is the stronger (or so i do hope it is) reason to do so.

Aside from givenchy do you guys know any luxury or high end clothing brand that adore by street wearers and hip-hop heads?

probably Louis Vuitton and Gucci. but don't be worrying about what Yeezy or Jay or any other rapper is wearing. just do you
June 9, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
KaiLumieres

Givency has been around for decades considered as a luxury brand. these questions are too premature. you are asking very blindly; your "research" was definitely lacking in some parts.

as for labels, yes people do buy for the branding but quality is the stronger (or so i do hope it is) reason to do so.

Lol? you obviously only read the first post. void. I obviously did state that I know givenchy been around for decades

probably Louis Vuitton and Gucci. but don't be worrying about what Yeezy or Jay or any other rapper is wearing. just do you
Honestly I never heard of givenchy until 3 months ago, I just want to know more luxury fashion brand that have influence on streetwear/hiphop

June 10, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
Kamikaze

Lol? you obviously only read the first post. void. I obviously did state that I know givenchy been around for decades

Honestly I never heard of givenchy until 3 months ago, I just want to know more luxury fashion brand that have influence on streetwear/hiphop

How strange you all of a sudden do not care what others wear and say just to do you? Yet argued with me in your other post about caring about others opinions. No wonder you are getting so much hate.
June 10, 2012 @ 05:39 AM
"MERCY"

man, OP is pretty ignorant in his view of luxury brand. Ur knowledge of "streetwear" and "luxury brand" is limited to literally what's been hot in 2011 and 2012, and when people try to correct you, you act like your point went over their head. Face it, u literally just browsed hypebeast, stumbled upon a culture, and now act like you know shit.

Thinking Supreme is "luxury" is ignorant enough. Just cause you can't afford Supreme shirts at $100 resell value, doesn't make it luxury.
and this "do you guys know any luxury or high end clothing brand that adore by street wearers and hip-hop heads?"
Street wearers? Hip hop heads? What does that even mean. Unless you're a 12 year old kid still watching 106 & Park, u got a lot of "researching"
June 15, 2012 @ 08:28 AM
zerotny

i do think if u look at the pretty clothing, u can feel the light brings into your heart that makes u chirpy and feel good!!
When u were a kid, u desired to have some luxurious clothing and u studied hard that these brands are your motivation by now!
June 15, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
Kamikaze

i do think if u look at the pretty clothing, u can feel the light brings into your heart that makes u chirpy and feel good!!
When u were a kid, u desired to have some luxurious clothing and u studied hard that these brands are your motivation by now!

Please login first to reply.