Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 5, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
magmar

I just joined the forums and I have been seeing a lot of negative comments about obey. I'm just wondering what happened and what they did to make so many people dislike them.

I'm not a fan of the brand myself, I'm just wondering.
June 5, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
xdylanx

more leik OGAY
June 5, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
Stellar

It's the poor-mans box logo.

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

June 5, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
iAmSofaKing

Too much lames rocking Obey x Stussy dick

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

June 5, 2012 @ 04:26 AM
kr00kd

i dont like the fact that kids can walk into their local zumiez, pick up an obey snap and a diamond shirt and call it swag

it diminishes the integrity of what i believe streetwear is supposed to be.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

June 5, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
dellzz

It's overrated and looks corny
June 5, 2012 @ 04:30 AM
aldrxn

It's a zumiez brand. Lame high school kids have their parents buy it for them to look "swag".
June 5, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
ndrew

same reason why people hate hollister and abercombie,

www.headhunterla.com

June 5, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
kelleydenham

I went to Cincinnati towards the end of my Sophmore year with my dad to see Shepard Fairey's exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. I bought one of the OG black and red snapbacks in the gift shop and I really liked the brand at the time. I still enjoy his art, but the brand as of late has been a no go. Its sad it became just another mall brand carried at Zumiez and Buckle. sad

FOR SALE >>> Bape XXL tees and Nike Dunk Low Pro B Size 10 - PM me! #GardnerGang #FloralFam

June 5, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
Unreachable

There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it has a really interesting backstory. The problem with Obey is it's consumers.
June 5, 2012 @ 05:28 AM
judgemyjoindate

fairey makes loads of money off copying other artists' works. not only is he completely unoriginal, on top of stealing the art he slaps his brand all over and calls it his.

MATERIALISM YESSSSSSSSS

June 5, 2012 @ 05:34 AM
Moises Arias

fairey makes loads of money off copying other artists' works. not only is he completely unoriginal, on top of stealing the art he slaps his brand all over and calls it his.

this. and shepard is know for trying to sue the shit out of people who copies him even though 98% of his work is stolen.
that added with shitty designs and seeing it every where you go is annoying.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 5, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
juliusmyth

Like everyone else said, OBEY is extremely mainstream, and it's really the people that wear it that ruin it, not so much the brand itself.

I got a few pieces of clothing from OBEY that are heat in my opinion, and I'll continue to rock them no matter how "lame" anyone says the brand is, because to be honest I could give a fuck what other people think. That being said you won't see me copping anymore OBEY gear these days. This boy has moved on to better things, lol.

My 2c.

Have an account from '07... so don't even start with the '12 members shit.

June 5, 2012 @ 05:39 AM
Moises Arias

heres a good article to read about his stolen work http://www.art-for-a-change.com/Obey/index.htm

supreme also is know to steal work too. but they dont obviously rip others work off and still have a good amount of original ideas

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 5, 2012 @ 12:42 PM
thad

U can get the shit at nordstrom. That sucks.
June 5, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
obscurities

I like their five panels.
June 5, 2012 @ 05:48 PM

Inactive

I like their five panels.

they do have solid 5 panels. But Obey never really stood out to me.

GVCCI TEKS

that shit is sus

DEPRE$$ED BOYS

paulywalnuts

their shit is not just sold at corny places like Zumiez, but at places that supposedly sell really nice clothes like Bloomingdales and South Moon Under
that place has gone downhill recently tho, they used to sell a lot of Lacoste and Tommy and Nautica
now it's just Obey, RVCA and corny shit i've never heard of like Scotch&Soda

Fuck Obey, their shit is just stupid looking and cheap

i master bait from time to time/// WTB: anti hero/sup jersey...medium... white>black>kelly

June 5, 2012 @ 06:21 PM
DaPark

Some pieces from OBEY can get a pass if it doesn't contain the obvious shitty box logo

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

June 5, 2012 @ 06:27 PM
dailydosage

nowadays, it's a corny as fuck brand that every tom dick and harry have, and it's got a shitty box logo which is typical fairey who steals everyone's art and clearly logos, some stuff that doesn't have that infamous box logo on (like the meadow something 5 panel) are solid but they don't really seem to stand out anymore
June 5, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Pretty Joseph

It's the poor-mans box logo.

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

June 5, 2012 @ 06:40 PM
Hunter

I don't give two shits who can buy it and where it's sold but when they started aping that horrible faded smedium fit trend with most of their tee shirts in combination with predominantly horrible designs that look more in place on an Affliction tee years ago (along with most of his artwork starting to suck a big dick as well) I lost interest. I have to give Shepard props for hooking me up years ago directly at wholesale when nobody outside of CA or NY (or online) was carrying his shit, though it still doesn't excuse how downhill it's gone over the past few years.
June 5, 2012 @ 06:49 PM
B Haht

Exodus 20:3 "Shepard fairey is a douchebag"
June 5, 2012 @ 06:56 PM
Hunter

I'd give him more props if he would get off of Obama's dick already (the same President whose Justice Department is about to put his ass away) and put his support behind Gary Johnson.
June 5, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
kingofspain

It's a zumiez brand. Lame high school kids have their parents buy it for them to look "swag".
June 5, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
thrillmatic

I don't give two shits who can buy it and where it's sold but when they started aping that horrible faded smedium fit trend with most of their tee shirts in combination with predominantly horrible designs that look more in place on an Affliction tee years ago (along with most of his artwork starting to suck a big dick as well) I lost interest. I have to give Shepard props for hooking me up years ago directly at wholesale when nobody outside of CA or NY (or online) was carrying his shit, though it still doesn't excuse how downhill it's gone over the past few years.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 5, 2012 @ 07:12 PM
Hunter

As much as I agree with this statement, his savings account begs to differ.

Oh I have no doubt that his sales aren't hurting any by my lack of purchases these days HAHA
June 6, 2012 @ 02:35 AM
jeanralphio

spot on.
June 6, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
Jake Ocean

i dont really wear it but i dont have a problem with it. shepard fairy found a way to turn his passion that he couldn't make money off of into a multi million dollar clothing brand.

http://www.distantlight.co

Please login first to reply.