June 2, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
KaiLumieres

Seem like we been stuck on the same phrase of boring plain tee and normal looking jacket for the past decade. I'm getting tired of seeing the same jacket or style of hoodie that every streetwear company put out. Like can't they come up with something new that we never see instead of going back and use the old trends. It's like our fashion world stuck on the same spot for a long ass time while everything around us like technology, music etc. is way far ahead... sorry for the horrible grammar but.. any opinions on this?

Twitter @KaiLumieres http://LumieresByKai.com Upcoming high end brand.

June 2, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
slap

You are a June 2012 member. Your opinion is VOID.

Anyways. So whats your idea of fashion? Please share examples.
Where do you see boring hoodies and tshirt in fashion?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

June 2, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
KaiLumieres

O_o does when I join really matter? for all you could know in real life I could dress way better than you, more fashion knowledge and such. Plus I don't know you and your opinion also "void" to me. I always been reading the forum and stay active for almost a year but forgot my old account password. Aside from that, not meant to diss but for example big brand such as obey and diamond supply often use the same design over and over again and simply twitching it.. I guess its understandable but what about hoodie, jacket and crew neck? I know Obey have few shawl neck and cardigan.. but why don't they try to mass produce those instead of just a plain black hoodie with simple white print? Or maybe put some extra quality into the hoodie using different type of neckline maybe?

June 2, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
Striker

i wouldnt give two fucks about a join date if i were you kaivici, its just a means of internet intimidation on this forum, doesn't mean much

then again, '11/'12 members have been pretty stupid
June 2, 2012 @ 06:49 PM
Panther.

O_o does when I join really matter? for all you could know in real life I could dress way better than you, more fashion knowledge and such. Plus I don't know you and your opinion also "void" to me. I always been reading the forum and stay active for almost a year but forgot my old account password. Aside from that, not meant to diss but for example big brand such as obey and diamond supply often use the same design over and over again and simply twitching it.. I guess its understandable but what about hoodie, jacket and crew neck? I know Obey have few shawl neck and cardigan.. but why don't they try to mass produce those instead of just a plain black hoodie with simple white print? Or maybe put some extra quality into the hoodie using different type of neckline maybe?

I disagree. Simple is the best.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 2, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
KaiLumieres

but don't you tired of wearing the same design everyday and the same as everyone else on this plannet?

June 2, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
black

God this thread is dumb. If you want some zany shit on a sweatshirt, put some zany shit on your sweatshirt, DONE.

blackmfg.co fitted goods

June 2, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
SHARKlN

haha pot kettle here.. every time I see your dumb avatar I see a dumb comment next to it.

kaivici, valid points, though not clearly made. men's fashion is very slow moving. In women's there are so many more points to draw the lines through and things often shape out in ways that men's fashion simply won't. a man will find something that works and wear it his entire life. we just want it to work without being complicated and to look good without trying hard. you have the right idea with the details. small changes can stretch much further in a men's line where things are pretty homogeneous. but don't forget, it's all a money game, and the classic, timeless looks will always sell.
June 2, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
KaiLumieres

haha pot kettle here.. every time I see your dumb avatar I see a dumb comment next to it.

kaivici, valid points, though not clearly made. men's fashion is very slow moving. In women's there are so many more points to draw the lines through and things often shape out in ways that men's fashion simply won't. a man will find something that works and wear it his entire life. we just want it to work without being complicated and to look good without trying hard. you have the right idea with the details. small changes can stretch much further in a men's line where things are pretty homogeneous. but don't forget, it's all a money game, and the classic, timeless looks will always sell.

Sound like slap is a common troll around here but very well say!

June 2, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
xxxyungoonxxx

shut the fuck up kavaici makes a really good point
June 2, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
slap

Aside from that, not meant to diss but for example big brand such as obey and diamond supply often use the same design over and over again and simply twitching it.. I guess its understandable but what about hoodie, jacket and crew neck? I know Obey have few shawl neck and cardigan.. but why don't they try to mass produce those instead of just a plain black hoodie with simple white print? Or maybe put some extra quality into the hoodie using different type of neckline maybe?

Because shawl neck and cardigan's aren't part of their game.
Why would they go into territories where brands like Jcrew and Gap and h&m already dominate?
Aren't they trying to differentiate from other brands?
If you're looking for simpler/dressier clothing, why buy Obey and Diamond? Lol.
Seems like you're just buying clothing for the streetwear brand.

Are you saying that you want a shawl collar sweater and plastered with OBEY logo on it?

And I honestly was just trolling with the whole 2012 common. I didn't mean no offense or anything lol.
Just curious when you said.
It’s like our fashion world stuck on the same spot for a long ass time while everything around us like technology, music etc. is way far ahead
Fashion is going backwards dude. You think shawl collar and cardigans are new stuff? Your grandpa probably wore that stuff.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

June 2, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
Unuffin

You make your own style.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 3, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
Kamikaze

Stop caring about what other people wear.
June 3, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
KaiLumieres

^ huh? Its an opinion piece, people dress for others to judge... if we all don't care about what others wear... why the hell do we wear anything at all?... you make no sense ha. As someone want to start my own clothing brand. I do care about what others wear. You should be smart enough to know why

June 3, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
Kamikaze

^ huh? Its an opinion piece, people dress for others to judge... if we all don't care about what others wear... why the hell do we wear anything at all?... you make no sense ha. As someone want to start my own clothing brand. I do care about what others wear. You should be smart enough to know why

I do not dress for others to judge... I dress for myself in what makes ME feel comfortable, not others, fuck others. It's good to know that you dress yourself for others and not for you though shows the kind of person you are.
June 3, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
kr00kd

I do not dress for others to judge... I dress for myself in what makes ME feel comfortable, not others, fuck others.

then why are you on a forum to discuss clothing with others?

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

June 3, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
garonshanks

I do not dress for others to judge... I dress for myself in what makes ME feel comfortable, not others, fuck others. It's good to know that you dress yourself for others and not for you though shows the kind of person you are.

So hypothetically speaking, you could give a fuck about a Diamond shirt and what is on it as long as it is comfortable? If that's the case, you're a lot better off buying blank garments from Alstyle.

We all dress for someone else to judge us to some extent, but not all of us accept that.

http://geoffscottintl.net | http://blog.geoffscottintl.net

June 3, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
almightymints

So hypothetically speaking, you could give a fuck about a Diamond shirt and what is on it as long as it is comfortable? If that's the case, you're a lot better off buying blank garments from Alstyle.

We all dress for someone else to judge us to some extent, but not all of us accept that.

This.
Why do you think certain clothing items double or triple in price SIMPLY because it has a certain well known/prestigious logo on it? Its because the people who buy it want others to know that they're not wearing some cheap Target/WalMart brand shirt. They want to stand out. To pass others judgments.
June 3, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
Kamikaze

I do not dress for others to judge... I dress for myself in what makes ME feel comfortable, not others, fuck others.

Because I like clothing... However, I don't pick and choose my clothing based on what I feel others opinions will be of me. A lot of people do care what others think and that's fine that is their thing, you say this is an opinion thread? Well my opinion is people shouldn't care, it's one thing to share thoughts and ideas which is what this forum is about, but another to not be yourself because of what others will think about you.

Oh and also, don't insult my intelligence when you can't even form a simple English sentence and have to apologize for your own grammar. That's just silly.

Good day.
June 3, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
kr00kd

Because I like clothing... However, I don't pick and choose my clothing based on what I feel others opinions will be of me. A lot of people do care what others think and that's fine that is their thing, you say this is an opinion thread? Well my opinion is people shouldn't care, it's one thing to share thoughts and ideas which is what this forum is about, but another to not be yourself because of what others will think about you.

Oh and also, don't insult my intelligence when you can't even form a simple English sentence and have to apologize for your own grammar. That's just silly.

Good day.

lol wut? who insulted your intelligence? i asked you a question bro, nothing more or less.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

June 3, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
Kamikaze

Good day.

lol wut? who insulted your intelligence? i asked you a question bro, nothing more or less.

Not you man, OP. Sorry wasn't clear with my quoting.
June 3, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

Inactive

ITT ppl who dress for cosigns on da internet
June 3, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
KaiLumieres

I just have to say that you're one interesting person lmao.

June 4, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
Kamikaze

ITT ppl who dress for cosigns on da internet

Second that.
June 4, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
valleyla

I buy Diamond Supply, Supreme, Black Scale, Mishka and a bunch of other brands but nobody around my area has the slightest clue how much the brands cost and my friends who do think it's stupid. I understand what Kamikaze is saying. My shirts aren't meant to "wow" anyone, I just like the designs and quality which I find to be far better than a lot of other companies and lines.
June 5, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
dailydosage

if you like or don't like the clothes then buy or don't buy them, simple as, if you're so bothered by seeing 'boring' box logos and 'simple' designs (less is more IMO) then make your own clothes.
June 6, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
sweetfingers

YES
June 6, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
fac-en

so what is the future..
like fucking rick ownens and nasty shit like that??

ICNOCLST

June 6, 2012 @ 05:19 AM
Jay_Bird

on the cool im tired of all this illuminati bullcrap and santanic crap popping up on shirts

i wish that fad hurry up and leave

Please login first to reply.