Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 20, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
branny

Would really like to see some feedback on whether or not it matters to you in any way when buying clothes offline if the garments are modeled or if they are just shown by themselves and why?

Does it deter you away if a certain type demographic is wearing them?

Thanks to anyone who participates.
April 20, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
branny

Is the poll not working?
April 20, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
branny

and now its gone cool..
April 20, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
slap

I can't see a poll.
It never hurts to have more pictures.

If you do decide to model the clothing, make sure to state the model's height and chest/waist and the size of the clothing that he's modeling. I like to be sure on sizing when I'm buying clothing online. More measurements, the better.

I don't care about the race is wearing the clothing, but there are definitely racists out there.
The attitude and look of the model should reflect the brand.
I think using a white model would be the safest... unless you sell like urban ghetto clothes lol.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 20, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
branny

I just re did it hopefully it stays up.
Yeah I know what your saying, I'm just curious to see if it affects the sale end of the buying online.
April 20, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
th3kid

It all depends on the product I'm buying and the brand I'm buying from. At the moment I'm looking for sweatpants, I've never bought a pair of sweatpants that fit me correctly. I'm looking for something slim fitting with a tighter fitting ankle, so I like to see them modeled because I'd like to see just how slim they are. Same goes for denim, I'd like to see it on a model because I'm picky about my leg openings. For shirts (mainly tees) it doesn't really matter because they aren't as varied size wise, but it's still nice to have more pictures and whatnot. I'd say jackets is another one where it's more convenient as well, because with parkas some come longer than others, so it's nice to see just how long the parka is. Again, depends on your product.
April 20, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
backlikethat

Eh I don't prefer a model. I prefer the shirt to be shown laid flat (not on a hanger) with a white background.

If there is a model, then state the model's height and sz they are wearing.
April 20, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
ignorantian

i like when there is a model, i like to have an idea of how it looks worn. karmaloop does it right. but if im shopping online and its not being modeled, i usually just google the product to find pictures of it worn before copping
April 20, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
branny

Yeah so basically its good to have a model to understand the fit of the garments themselves, for instance urban outfitters crops out their models at the eyes and above due to some sort of demographic or maybe just to draw more focus to the product
April 21, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
pherkan

A model ofcourse.
Or even better: a video (like ASOS)

Please login first to reply.