300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
April 11, 2012 @ 05:21 AM
ashtonmcmxc

I've been living in the DC metropolitan area for a bit now, an in comparison to other major cities, this area's streetwear scene is a bit lacking. Sure we have Commonwealth and Palace5 and have somewhat good brands like Spokesman and some real wack ones like swavor. Can anyone get me hip to any brands from the DMV who really what streetwear is supposed to be? A ++ if it's a female brand.

only for the mcmxc's

April 11, 2012 @ 05:54 AM
stillwild

Borgata.
Good shit for saying "get me hip"
Check out the Stussy store though, they have girl stuff, it's at the bottom of Adams Morgan.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

April 11, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
hypoh

For more shops, check out Major and the soon to open Flagship.
April 11, 2012 @ 02:48 PM
brett.tye

Palace Five has been horrible lately, definitely check out Major
April 11, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
totalespionage

I've been living in the DC metropolitan area for a bit now, an in comparison to other major cities, this area's streetwear scene is a bit lacking. Sure we have Commonwealth and Palace5 and have somewhat good brands like Spokesman and some real wack ones like swavor. Can anyone get me hip to any brands from the DMV who really what streetwear is supposed to be? A ++ if it's a female brand.

The thing is to many niggs here in th DMV look alike. Everyone here has dreads, Northface Steep Tech, Levis 511, and foamposites. So it's not hard to see why the streetwear scene here is pretty much non-existing.
April 11, 2012 @ 04:36 PM
paulywalnuts

streetwear is horrible anyway

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

April 11, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
ashtonmcmxc

I know, Palace5 has been slackin and Major's storefront shut down a few months ago because the stores next to it collapsed. It's been surviving off its online store and a pop-up shop here and there.

Yea the DMV has too many people who dress alike, need some new innovation. Good looks on Borgata, I've heard of them and their pocket tees.

only for the mcmxc's

April 11, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
fuckgeorgina

YES. i wish DC had more streetwear for chicks. Nightmare Inc blows too. Borgata is whatever. they need a real message first

Ridin' Round Town More Change More Steelo

April 11, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
malcolmilfhunt

Flagship is opening in May. fucking stocked

Yayo from the Bayo

April 11, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
reesehiawatha

Definitely about to follow this thread, because I've been thinking the same thing.
Hopefully FLAGSHIP will be the beginnings of a better selection out here.
Haven't been to Palace 5 in a while, but y'all making it seem like I shouldn't go back lol

April 11, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
stillwild

I mean if you've got bread to drop, P5 isn't just P5 anymore, they split the shop in half and now there's Federal.
http://www.complex.com/style/2011/10/federal-opens-october-28-in-washington-dc

April 12, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
ashtonmcmxc

Yess I've been following Flagship, hope they really bring some authenticity and culture to the streetwear scene here in DC. There aren't just hipsters and thugs in DC haha

only for the mcmxc's

April 12, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
SanchezWc

its hard to get anything poppin in this city to many haters

Download And get high now http://www.mediafire.com/? i40fsdvfh31n4zo

April 12, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
wordtomarsh

its hard to get anything poppin in this city to many haters

exactly. it's sad. there's hardly any camaraderie and there's not really an authentic culture. the skate scene, and street art scene both need to be bigger.
April 12, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
Quezz

The thing is to many niggs here in th DMV look alike. Everyone here has dreads, Northface Steep Tech, Levis 511, and foamposites. So it's not hard to see why the streetwear scene here is pretty much non-existing.

April 12, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
wordtomarsh

shake my head everytime i have to ride the metro...DC can't be known for this shit anymore
April 12, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
reesehiawatha

shake my head everytime i have to ride the metro...DC can't be known for this shit anymore

Shoutout to Gallery Place / Chinatown lol

April 12, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
stillwild

I'm an

Shoutout to Gallery Place / Chinatown lol

hahaha ^ this

April 12, 2012 @ 05:34 AM
stillwild

But seriously, I forgot the mention Durkl, they're pretty gnar.

April 13, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
ashtonmcmxc

wow i can't believe I forgot DURKL haha yea they're dope. I feel like they've kind of lost their way in the past year. I loved their early stuff. Now they seem to do what every other brand is doing

only for the mcmxc's

April 15, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
brett.tye

Yeah the split Palace 5 in half so half of it is hipster shit and they just don't have anything worthwhile in the other half. Im hyped for flagship though. haha true about the steptech and foamposites though. you can't go anywhere without seeing someone in some foams
May 17, 2012 @ 03:22 PM
ashtonmcmxc

Flagship's opening has been delayed again.....fuckin DC zoning laws/paperwork...

only for the mcmxc's

May 17, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
stillwild

Does Spokesmen have a real store?

May 18, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
ashtonmcmxc

nahhh they have dope product but they don't have a boutique/storefront. DURKL lost their original one but is moving to a new one. MAJOR recently lost their showroom too but is now at a pop-up shop next to its original location. DC boutiques need to get on their shit! lol

only for the mcmxc's

May 23, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
totalespionage

This shit is a fucking horrible representation of what the youth of the city look alike, but it's true. SMH

May 24, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
ashtonmcmxc

Too many sheep following sheep. We need more shepherds. More free thinkers.

only for the mcmxc's

May 24, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
malcolmilfhunt

HAHA with the vast push of foams by Nike the past 2 years, they nade sure niggas in the DMV never had a chance. poor wasted youth

Yayo from the Bayo

May 27, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
pocketfulofjays

elite got some nice clothing too

Use YEEZY1 at checkout for 20% off first purchase at Karmaloop. http://tayography.blogspot.com/

May 27, 2012 @ 02:54 PM
stillwild

HAHA with the vast push of foams by Nike the past 2 years, they nade sure niggas in the DMV never had a chance (to live). poor wasted youth

June 21, 2012 @ 03:51 AM
malcolmilfhunt

so is Flagship ever opening???

Yayo from the Bayo

Please login first to reply.