Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
April 10, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
wordtomarsh

I recently got a backpack from Herschel Supply Co.'s new line and am pretty pleased with it, but I've recently seeing a lot of comments about how Herschel products have been going to shit after a few months use. I've had mine for like 3 months now and it's still great. What's the word out there though? What other companies out there have a similar classic style but is better quality?
April 10, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
ashtonmcmxc

ive heard both negative and positive. let us know in a few months

only for the mcmxc's

April 10, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
rabbitman

I need a backpack pretty soon, can't decide between herschel or dakine

be careful what you pretend to be

April 10, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
micksixsix

Got a Herschel about a month ago. The only thing I've noticed is that there are random stitchings coming out. Not a lot, though.
April 10, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
slap

I recently got a backpack from Herschel Supply Co.'s new line and am pretty pleased with it, but I've recently seeing a lot of comments about how Herschel products have been going to shit after a few months use. I've had mine for like 3 months now and it's still great. What's the word out there though? What other companies out there have a similar classic style but is better quality?

You bought it and are using it already. So don't be worried about it.
Is it fulfilling its task as a bag? If so, it works.
Try not to be too picky over these little nuances.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 10, 2012 @ 11:06 PM
aqueduct

I've had mine for almost the entire school year now.. It's pretty nice quality wise but yeah some stitchings do come out, not anything you can't fix with a trusty pair of scissors however. The leather on the bottom of mine seems to be tearing pretty easily too and I'm not even that rough with the bag which is kind of annoying. Overall it's not an awful backpack, I'd buy a second one.
April 11, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
wordtomarsh

thanks guys, yea mine is serving me pretty well right now. Just had some doubts about its longevity after hearing a rush of critiques recently on the quality of the Herschel bags. I love the detailing and on the camo backpack. Might buy a second 1 or look into better options whenever it goes
April 11, 2012 @ 03:51 AM
porquetaco

very very quality bag, simple clean and durable at least in my opinion and from my experience
July 22, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
primez

I'm proud to be an owner of a Pop Quiz backpack from Herschel Supply. The quality seems great, but I haven't really used it yet.
July 22, 2013 @ 05:37 AM
senchi

I'm proud to be an owner of a Pop Quiz backpack from Herschel Supply. The quality seems great, but I haven't really used it yet.
where the heck did you dig this thread from?

anyways, the pop quiz is a great backpack. have had it for a year and it's still looking new.

i've also recently acquired the settlement backpack but i think the quality is under par for this one.
the zippers on this backpack are metal, and the teeth are really clunky, therefore quite hard to zip open and close the pockets

wtb xl supxchamp hooded coach, black or navy

July 22, 2013 @ 06:42 AM
whitemilk

mine went to complete shit after about a year and a half of daily use, I mean the fake leather was tearing off in chunks the back panel seam ripped and one of the straps became unattached from the bag. now it was about two years ago i got it maybe they have improved since then?

WTB Vans X Carhartt half cab, supreme X Campballs half cab 11.5

July 22, 2013 @ 09:08 AM
kujo

I've owned a pop quiz for about 1.5 to 2 years.

I usually carry a full load.
Really the only thing is that the patch is frayed and the leather bottom's been scratched a bit.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about.
July 22, 2013 @ 10:47 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

I actually think sports bags from Adidas/Nike are way more durable. Had one sports backpack for ages and it's lasted really well.
July 23, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
wavyguy

my settlement bag ripped within 3 months of normal use 

Please login first to reply.