Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 20, 2012 @ 10:45 AM
itspremedoe

I have a clothing line in mind and I'd want to get started on it immediately. I have already chosen a logo and a graphic artist. My biggest trouble at the moment is finding the BEST QUALITY t-shirt. I don't mind over paying a bit (take this with a grain of salt, don't jip me here guys!) but the quality has to be phenomenal! If you can share the brands of t-shirts you recommend, the price range, and where to get them printed as well.. that would be amazing. I am looking to print around 500 t-shirts (probably two colors printed on a white or black t-shirt) for my first batch just to have a simple logo t-shirt to get my name out locally. Any information given will truly help; I don't have any background or information about owning a clothing line but I have heart and I'm willing to put everything on the line to make this work! Thanks!

Save money on Karmaloop and PLNDR by using my repcode: easymoney55

March 20, 2012 @ 02:05 PM
karakter1

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/

check this site....lots of resources and answer here...mods are very helpful

you find all the answers you need and more here!
March 20, 2012 @ 06:20 PM
whatupkiddo

sneak preview? ;)

i personally like the thickness of kirkland's
and hanes tagless
March 20, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
lorinrobb24

I like American Apparel 2001 and Alstyle 1701 I believe for men. What is your brand promise?

Lorin for No Brand Logo

March 20, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
minsct

American Apparel and Alstyle are the best blank quality shirts.

But i'd say if you asking for advice on this forum then you clearly havn't done your research. As fair warning, be prepared to enter a market that is already super saturated with utter shit. Please don't add to the pile.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 20, 2012 @ 08:43 PM
itspremedoe

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/

check this site....lots of resources and answer here...mods are very helpful

you find all the answers you need and more here!

What A helpful site, I'm going to spend a lot of time on this. Thanks!

March 20, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
itspremedoe

American Apparel and Alstyle are the best blank quality shirts.

But i'd say if you asking for advice on this forum then you clearly havn't done your research. As fair warning, be prepared to enter a market that is already super saturated with utter shit. Please don't add to the pile.

The thought of me starting this is very new, I'm jumping on it and I've seen "AA and Alstyle" in many different forums or on sites. It's just comforting to come here and ask what others think who have already been through the process. I can get any brand to start with but quality means everything to me and I guess that answers <a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/lorinrobb24/' rel='nofollow'>@lorinrobb24</a> question, QUALITY would have to be my number 1 promise overall. I also agree with you MINSCT, there is a huge pile of shit within the market and to be honest it really bothers me how people just print catch phrases to make a quick buck. That's not my intention, nor will it ever be. I want to start a movement... not generate some $$$ quoting trashy rappers.

March 20, 2012 @ 08:48 PM
slap

sneak preview? ;)

and hanes tagless

hanes tagless are the thinnest piece of fabric i've ever seen,

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

March 20, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
whatupkiddo

sneak preview? ;)

and hanes tagless

hanes tagless are the thinnest piece of fabric i've ever seen,

guess it depends which tagless. i have like charcoal on right now, its pretty thick even though its 60/40, i try to avoid white though
March 20, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
itspremedoe

Just to add, I'm going for 100% cotton.

March 21, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
futura

i agree with kirkland, but they are VERY limited with color variety (black, white, grey) thats it haha
March 21, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
HWYS - Joey

Order some samples and try as many different ones as you need in order to get the right feel, fitment and pricepoint you require. I called Alstyle's Midwest representative last friday and received two free samples om Tuesday. I have decided to use them since I like everything about them so far. Btw I'm going with the 5300 and 5301n models.

Good luck with the hunt!
Oh yeah, if you didn't know about t-shirt forums then you got caught sleeping my man.

Joey

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 21, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
lorinrobb24

Anvil is good too! Where are you going to get custom labels at?

Lorin for No Brand Logo

March 22, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
itspremedoe

These t-shirts aren't bad but I want to see if I can find a better quality t-shirt. It's so hard on settling on a specific brand... to have material, fit, and price all together is pretty tough to find. Does anyone know of an AMAZINGLY good material t-shirt.. even if the price is pretty steep, I'd consider it. I'm going to gather some contacts and place a sample order sometime next week. I'll be sure to include all the brands I order and rank them for everyone. Thanks for all of suggestions guys.

March 23, 2012 @ 09:12 AM
0nly5leeping

your problem isnt finding a nice t shirt, there are lots of high quality options. but if the tag just reads american apparel or whatever basics brand then everyone will assume youre a band or a gimmick or something. you need to be involved in every part of producing these to be taken seriously imho, so i would recommend developing a relationship with a manufacturer rather than just buying bulk tees
March 23, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
0nly5leeping

^but if you cant, then yeah kirkland life only white tees i own. thick soft and nice length to them for the costco pricing.
March 23, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
itspremedoe

There was no way in hell I was ever going to even consider having any other brands name on my clothing, you're absolutely right it's tacky AF! You brought up a great point, I should definitely find a manufacturer to to produce tees rather than buying in bulk then taking them else where to have them printed.

March 25, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
Dennissimo

Good luck. It's tough out there.
March 25, 2012 @ 12:09 PM
HWYS - Joey

There was no way in hell I was ever going to even consider having any other brands name on my clothing, you're absolutely right it's tacky AF! You brought up a great point, I should definitely find a manufacturer to to produce tees rather than buying in bulk then taking them else where to have them printed.

A lot of bulk suppliers have tear away tags that won't leave anything behind for the consumer to recognize what it once was. Then just print or sow your own labels own. And yes they are meant specifically for that.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 25, 2012 @ 12:49 PM
sweez

i would def say american apparel
March 27, 2012 @ 07:26 AM
aces1

i say alstyle most def
March 27, 2012 @ 11:24 AM
itspremedoe

I'm skeptical about using American Apparel simply for the fact that I'm aiming for a skate/street/urban brand. The material is softer and more fitting to a body but that doesn't exactly go hand in hand with my company's mission. Not too sure about Alstyle, I'd have to see a sample. I'm meeting with someone tomorrow who is going to be able to give me a lot of useful information in regards to all of this.

March 28, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
itspremedoe

After meeting with someone with experience in this field, I have decided to pull back and not start the clothing line yet. I am not where near where I need to be, anything I put out won't capture the true essence of my companys mission due to the lack of resources and knowledge I have at the moment. I'm going to switch my major to design, do more research, and allow time for everything to sink in. Hope this gets others to realize to not rush into projects no matter how HYPED you are at the moment. MINSCT was right, there is a lot of shit out there and we shouldn't add on to it!

March 28, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
itspremedoe

After meeting with someone with experience in this field, I have decided to pull back and not start the clothing line yet. I am not where near where I need to be, anything I put out won't capture the true essence of my companys mission due to the lack of resources and knowledge I have at the moment. I'm going to switch my major to design, do more research, and allow time for everything to sink in. Hope this gets others to realize to not rush into projects no matter how HYPED you are at the moment. MINSCT was right, there is a lot of shit out there and we shouldn't add on to it!

March 29, 2012 @ 09:29 AM
big4slick20

i would def say american apparel

March 29, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
mirandame2

american apparel-- expensive, but def worth it-- good luck!!
March 30, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
BKBROWN

american apparel

holds up after washes

soft

long and slim (if that's what you're looking for)

but expensive

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

March 30, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
samweinberg

It's tough to say which blank is "the best" because in the end it's your decision as to what fits your brand the most. But I would recommend American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, Magic Apparel Group, and Independent Trading Co.

City Limits - Fall 2012

March 31, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
itspremedoe

I have a few American Apparel tees, all different styles and materials.. Not bad but it wouldn't fit the look I'd be going for. I want to save up and learn more about design and materials and then manufacture my own tees rather than just buying blanks.

January 14, 2013 @ 12:05 PM
lexter78line

You may see some sample ideas at http://colortexinc.com.

Color Tex

Please login first to reply.