Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 17, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
Beas

What's going on everyone, I'm working on producing some pants for my upcoming brand and I just wanted to know what factors determine which pants/chinos you purchase?

Like what would make you purchase a pair of 10deep pants ($102) opposed to HUF's ($60)? Does the brand name influence your decision? Little detailing (ex. 10Deep's Interior cuffs)? Me personally I dont understand why you would spend over $100 for pants when you can get the same look for much less. Me personally I shop with H&M ($29 - $34) because the are affordable and I love the slim fit.

Thanks in advance for your input.
March 18, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
artistiq

Material, stitching, design.
March 18, 2012 @ 11:10 PM
D. Rose

Quality, construction, details.

But FIT over anything.

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

March 18, 2012 @ 11:13 PM
karakter1

pants are a tough thing to get into...just for that reason...

most people have a brand or two that they love and are comfortable with ( because of the perfect mix of quality, price and fit).

It would be much easier for a customer to take a chance on a new brand of graphic tee, or polo or jacket, or hat, accessory....which is why most start ups start with those items.( the other reason is because of the cost to produce them....a big risk to make a bunch of jeans and not be able to sell them)
March 18, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
Dare.

What's going on everyone, I'm working on producing some pants for my upcoming brand and I just wanted to know what factors determine which pants/chinos you purchase?

Like what would make you purchase a pair of 10deep pants ($102) opposed to HUF's ($60)? Does the brand name influence your decision? Little detailing (ex. 10Deep's Interior cuffs)? Me personally I dont understand why you would spend over $100 for pants when you can get the same look for much less. Me personally I shop with H&M ($29 - $34) because the are affordable and I love the slim fit.

Thanks in advance for your input.

They have to be comfortable, the design has to look right ie: a smooth color no particular designing into it.
Material
Pricing

I go with H&M as well.

?

March 19, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
Beas

Thanks for everyones input. Seems like you all agree that the 'Material' used is a very important factor along side the fit. Well right now I am going with a slim fit of coarse, and as far as the material I am thinking of corduroy. I dont really see corduroy being used very often that's is why I want to use it.

And to touch on the fitting a little bit more. Is it safe to say most people are really into slim/fitted pants? And any input on corduroy? because my mind is 100% made up that is the material I will be going with.
March 19, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
lorinrobb24

i don't know. I haven't brought some pants since december 2010 really. I like a lot of pants from different brands, but its hard to value why these brands charge $60 to $140 dollars for there pants.

Lorin for No Brand Logo

March 19, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
Beas

i don't know. I haven't brought some pants since december 2010 really. I like a lot of pants from different brands, but its hard to value why these brands charge $60 to $140 dollars for there pants.

Yeah I'm sure its just because of the brand name, I know other things go into determining the final price but material is not that expensive. Im not sure how much I will retail at, it depends on how much I put in. But I WILL do my best to sell them low as possible. Even if I am only making $10 profit on each pair, for me I just want to get the product out there because the money will eventually come.
March 19, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
D. Rose

Eddy Chinos by WeSC and Mister Chinos by Mister SFC have great fits
fyi

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

March 19, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
lorinrobb24

Yeah I'm sure its just because of the brand name, I know other things go into determining the final price but material is not that expensive. Im not sure how much I will retail at, it depends on how much I put in. But I WILL do my best to sell them low as possible. Even if I am only making $10 profit on each pair, for me I just want to get the product out there because the money will eventually come.

I feel you on that

Lorin for No Brand Logo

Please login first to reply.