Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 17, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I'm 28 and I still wear street wear. Hats, basketball shoes, jeans and t shirts. I wear this when I want to be comfortable. I'm also married with 2 kids. Doesn't bother me one bit to wear this stuff. Nor am I have a mid life crisis lol. I don't go out that often on the weekend or clubbing or anything like that but I do have some "club" and grown man attire in my closet. I wear it when needed and the event calls for it. Other then that I want to be comfortable in my clothes and not have to worry about if my Nautica button up is wrinkled from sitting for so long.
I guess it all depends on where you spend most of your time. If you ar not married and still in the "dating" scene I would see why some guy 25-29 would only want to wear button ups, khakis and some loafers. My wife doesn't much care either. She has her heels and she has her sneakers.

But like I said a time and a place for everything. My

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 17, 2012 @ 05:53 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Plus when you go out to your buddies house to drink and hang out or to the beach and what not, what do you wear...

You don't outgrow streetwear the graphics just change

streetwear = beachwear = drinkwear = streetwear

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 17, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
K [X] Z I

@kxzi and others, would you believe in a nike high fashion brand? i know for a fact that nike and streetwear are related and that nike has a very loyal target group. Besides that, nike inspires and why should they t]do that in only sports and not in life?
I know what your thinking,NSW but NSW is still very sport and not wearable for a day to day base.....
And Nike has the ability to create a big buzz, seen y every sneaker release lately...

I most definitely would not. I remember seeing the Hyundai Equus reviewed and compared to the likes of Rolls Royce. At the end of the review, the commentator said "it's a great car, but when you think about it... it's a Hyundai." I felt the same too. When I look at the new line of Timberlands that look like Oak Street Bootmakers, Quoddy, Yuketen, etc. I remember how ghetto Timbs used to be. If Nike wanted to explore into new territory, they need to create a subsidiary brand that doesn't have a publicly announced relation to Nike. That way, no one will think... "Oh, it's a Nike brand." A smaller brand is a whole different story. If you remember 3Sixteen in their early days, they had street wear. Now they have grown-men clothing including great japanese selvage denim, button-up shirts, and even ties.
March 17, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
K [X] Z I

Plus when you go out to your buddies house to drink and hang out or to the beach and what not, what do you wear...

You don't outgrow streetwear the graphics just change

streetwear = beachwear = drinkwear = streetwear

I have nothing but respect for your choices in apparel. It makes you sound like the cool dad haha. However, I disagree with your statement on not outgrowing street wear. I think everyone at some point will (everyone meaning the majority) outgrow street wear. I'm pretty sure that you can agree with me that when most people get older-older, they start to dress differently. Imagine a 65 year old in a Hundreds tee 40 years from now. I think some people might change their style faster than others. My mom used to get mad at me for switching my hobbies very often, but I get tired of things easily.
March 20, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
minsct

Streetwear = outdated label for a type of clothing.

Clothing and fashion is constantly evolving. Brands who deem their clothing to strictly 'streetwear' really limit themselves to what market they can reach and the clothing they can produce.

I think the proper term for hypebeast sector of clothing is "lifestyle" clothing. How unlimiting is that?

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 22, 2012 @ 11:02 AM
sebas91

Thats fine and all you guys but i am thinking more of an higher extension of Nike. The brand thinks from compete-train-express. And express being the NSW line....

Nike's fan base is as big because of its mental and emotional assocation, wouldn't it be nice if there would be a higher end line and respresent the brand and it's heritage (what might be lost by some) and come up with an informal/formal brand for a day to day use. This way Nike can put eyes on there beutiful story again and the targetgroup will be dressed in the brand all times of day......
March 22, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
sebas91

sorry for the spelling from time to time...
March 22, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
thenewhype

At first a definition of streetwear should be given, as for me it's not the whack graphic tees anymore. I love when someone mixes the high fashion patterns with streetwear. Pure high end clothing lacks the balls too often. There are people that know how to add that "something" to a classy fit to achieve that streetwear feeling. It requires lots of esthetical intelligence tho...

And with the nike - hell no. Don't know why, but i just don't like that brand. The concept that it does everything for everyone makes it passionless for me, although it tries to appear passionate.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNewHype Check out the newest hype feed. Only the sharpest stuff, in yo face with no bullshiting.

March 23, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
0nly5leeping

It would be, but Nike's heritage is in sportswear, so I dont see how that would ever be incorporated into a formal line. I also think a lot high end streetwear labels make pieces that incorporate effortlessly into formal wear, it doesnt have to be all bright graphics and candy sneakers. I have a supreme button ups, Bape ties and even some hundreds button ups from a couple years ago. Now, I'm not the high fashion expert, I just usually go with RL, J. Crew, or Brooks Brothers. for a dinner date last week I wore my supreme cardigan from this season.
March 23, 2012 @ 07:29 AM
0nly5leeping

the op makes a lot of assumptions. I think its very easy to incorporate streetwear into a more formal look with pieces that are intender for or inspired by work wear. after all, streetwear by and large is about creative reinterpretation of culture, so i think formal things are as prevalent in the culture as the people who dress formally. It has little to do with age, I think it just has to do with the separation of hypebeasts and those invested in the culture. Theres plenty of teenagers who went through a bape camo/box logo phase, but those people outgrow at any rate. I started dressing formally when I started dating rich girls at U of M, but i never stopped wearing or questioning streetwear.
March 23, 2012 @ 07:32 PM
PandoCalrissian

Streetwear = high end casual wear... It's kinda hard to outgrow it cause sometimes a nigga just wants to wear a crew neck jeans and some sneakers, I feel like everybody on HB knows how to blend their Streetwear persona with their business persona,

Tbh Streetwear isn't about what you're wearing it's how you wear it

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

Please login first to reply.